Vote for Richard Sherman for the cover of Madden 15

Cartire

Reaction score
i can sense that by some of the comments, this is headed towards the PWR before the voting ends.

I mean, we already have russell's teapot theories running around....

nepahawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1fx6tkdq said:
nepahawk":1fx6tkdq said:
MidwestHawker":1fx6tkdq said:
nepahawk":1fx6tkdq said:
Oh, you mock the curse.
Tread lightly, my friend.

You know how in Toy Story, when humans turn their backs the toys come to life and interact with each other and move around and have their own little world? Then when humans are around again, they turn into inanimate objects with no ability to talk or move or anything else?

I mean I realize that was a cartoon and not actual documentary footage, but can you prove that toys don't actually do that? I mean it's possible, right?

Sure, I guess it's possible.
Can you prove that they don't come to life?

No, I can't. There's no way I could ever prove that.

Now the follow-up is this: should I ever base any part of any decision on the possibility that they could, and that I can't definitively disprove that they don't?

Not that I want to go here but here goes:
Isn't this the whole basis of religion. Just because you have no real proof of existence, does that stop people from believing?
Don't many people make decisions in their everyday lives based on these unproven beliefs?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I tempted fate by quoting Rummy, but then Nepahawk went full PWR with the religion thing.

RELIGION IS BASED ON FAITH, WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOGICAL DEDUCTION BASED ON EVIDENCE, AND THAT IS NOT ONLY OKAY, BUT AN ESSENTIAL AND EMPOWERING PART OF LIFE FOR NUMEROUS PEOPLE THAT IS A WONDERFUL THING AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT IMPINGE UPON SOMEONE ELSE'S RIGHT TO PLACE FAITH OR NOT PLACE FAITH IN A GOD/SPIRIT/FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER/CHTHULU.

Now before this goes off the rails, let's get back to asking people what they will pay me to vote against Sherman in the next two rounds. Seriously, at fifty cents a pop, I will totally vote against him for you guys.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
nepahawk":y8jax86m said:
Isn't this the whole basis of religion. Just because you have no real proof of existence, does that stop people from believing?
Don't many people make decisions in their everyday lives based on these unproven beliefs?

Ehhh, this seems like a derail better off avoided. I do think there's a fairly easy distinction to draw, but I guess I'll leave it alone now and go back to posting elite gifs.

nepahawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2sscgfqz said:
nepahawk":2sscgfqz said:

Ehhh, this seems like a derail better off avoided. I do think there's a fairly easy distinction to draw, but I guess I'll leave it alone now and go back to posting elite gifs.

I agree, we'll leave it at that!
Friends?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
nepahawk":205ynlr2 said:
MidwestHawker":205ynlr2 said:
nepahawk":205ynlr2 said:

I agree, we'll leave it at that!
Friends?

Y666KTx

nanomoz

Reaction score
Out of the 16 players featured, 14 have had bad years and received serious injuries. Really terrible injuries. It even ended the careers of a few of them. Of the two that escaped injuries during the season, Larry Fitzgerald and Drew Brees, one was injured in the first round of the playoffs while the other was on the receiving end of the biggest upset in NFL playoff history. [\quote]

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the ... se/#!NUal7

There's something to this curse!

nanomoz

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2ma0muif said:
Wait, players got injured playing football?? There must be a cosmic and unseen reason for it.

14/17, counting Calvin (who wasn't hurt). Curse! :p

nepahawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":1rayykql said:
MidwestHawker":1rayykql said:
Wait, players got injured playing football?? There must be a cosmic and unseen reason for it.

14/17, counting Calvin (who wasn't hurt). Curse! :p

Megatron had a record breaking yardage year, however, only 5 touchdowns.
16 touchdowns the year before, big drop off, wouldn't you say?

Too many coincidences to be ignored. The curse lives!!

nepahawk

Reaction score

nepahawk

Reaction score
What are the odds of picking 1 elite player for 17 years and that player having a major injury or historic bad year?
That's a pretty tough feat to achieve.
It's got to be the curse.

It's late on the east coast, I'm heading to bed, goodnight all!

Say no to the cover, Sherm!

Cartire

Reaction score
Cartire":20rrqccg said:
i can sense that by some of the comments, this is headed towards the PWR before the voting ends.

I mean, we already have russell's teapot theories running around....

I wanted to quote myself. I called it.

If anything, you guys should have faith in me, I might be of some prophetic kin.

Coxal

Reaction score
I voted!! Sherman must be on that cover, 49ers fans would be sick while buyin their copy ahahahahaha they'll destroy the box and keep the CD alone

Throwdown

Reaction score
Coxal":3gz9hg6p said:
I voted!! Sherman must be on that cover, 49ers fans would be sick while buyin their copy ahahahahaha they'll destroy the box and keep the CD alone

Matte disk will still have Sherm on it.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Whether or not you believe in an actual "curse", the fact is that there is a trend. This trend is 17-1 (with Calvin Johnson getting the exception). However, his team finished the year on an 8 game losing streak and missed the playoffs.

Something bad happens to the player or their team the following year. You can't deny it. Trends are very real. People use trends every day to make real-life decisions (e.g. Stock Market).

Anyone who wishes for Sherm to be on the cover is either a fool or a Sherman hater/49er fan.