Vote for Richard Sherman for the cover of Madden 15

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
ManBunts":1w9e1fom said:
I think Sherm probably wins. If not then Kap. Regardless, the options are disappointing. I meam, c'mon Madden, Antonio Brown? Nick Foles? There were NO better options than those two for voting? I say put Janikowski on the cover.

T.Y. Hilton is a great poor-man's Paul Richardson and all, but he shouldn't have been here, either. How did the Colts get TWO players on this thing? Same with the Eagles. I can at least understand how Carolina got two players on here.

I wish I could vote for the three main members of the L.O.B. to share a cover.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
In 2012, for the Seahawks I was all sorts of superstitious like I have been every year. All sorts of dumb things.

In 2013, my brother and I decided to just ignore anything we did before and do nothing superstitious and the Hawks ended up winning the Super Bowl of course.

It is so nice not putting the thought into superstitions.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Going to vote so many times for Kaep.

Afraid Sherm will win though :(

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
The masses voting for Sherman are an odd confluence of 1) Seahawk/Sherman fans that love his game and personality and 2) Seahawk/Sherman foes that believe in superstition and want to see the All-Pro CB injured.

seanutz

Reaction score
Sorry all,I voted for Kap....... :49ersmall: :3-1:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Throwdown":3dcsv3ai said:
Hawknballs":3dcsv3ai said:
If you believe in curses I have an enchanted amulet I wore all season blessed by ghost wizards that brought the Seahawks good fortune and a Lombardi trophy I'll sell to you for 500 dollars.

Only $500? I'm in

I bought that same one for 5 buckaroos a few years back....sheesh Trolldown..... :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Is Browner still available for the cover...we could do DAT.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Just because some of you don't believe in the curse, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Just because Johnson had a good year doesn't mean the curse is totally busted.

A broken clock is right twice a day, doesn't mean it's working!

Why take a chance, we know who and what Sherm is, no need for the cover.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
nepahawk":2zyghcib said:
Just because some of you don't believe in the curse, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This is correct. Our lack of belief does not prove its lack of existence.

But here's the thing: given a complete and total lack of evidence that it DOES exist, the burden of proof is on those conjuring up a so-called curse based on a garden-variety causation vs. correlation fallacy.

Give me something tangible that suggests that being on the cover has ever even slightly negatively affected a player's career or even a single season. Or even a single game. Anything.

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Why take a chance

we know who and what Sherm is, no need for the cover.

Nor is there even the slightest reason to not be on there.

nepahawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":wc94k8jv said:
nepahawk":wc94k8jv said:

This is correct. Our lack of belief does not prove its lack of existence.

But here's the thing: given a complete and total lack of evidence that it DOES exist, the burden of proof is on those conjuring up a so-called curse based on a garden-variety causation vs. correlation fallacy.

Give me something tangible that suggests that being on the cover has ever even slightly negatively affected a player's career or even a single season. Or even a single game. Anything.

Why take a chance

we know who and what Sherm is, no need for the cover.

Nor is there even the slightest reason to not be on there.

Spoken like an attorney. Is this possibly your occupation?

nepahawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":mq6k05y6 said:
By the way, I have a rock that keeps away tigers. Does anyone want to buy it? I haven't been attacked by a tiger since I got it!

Opening bids are at fifty bucks.

Oh, you mock the curse.
Tread lightly, my friend.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
nepahawk":30rcmzl1 said:
Oh, you mock the curse.

You know how in Toy Story, when humans turn their backs the toys come to life and interact with each other and move around and have their own little world? Then when humans are around again, they turn into inanimate objects with no ability to talk or move or anything else?

I mean I realize that was a cartoon and not actual documentary footage, but can you prove that toys don't actually do that? I mean it's possible, right?

nepahawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3sokjnms said:
nepahawk":3sokjnms said:
Oh, you mock the curse.

You know how in Toy Story, when humans turn their backs the toys come to life and interact with each other and move around and have their own little world? Then when humans are around again, they turn into inanimate objects with no ability to talk or move or anything else?

I mean I realize that was a cartoon and not actual documentary footage, but can you prove that toys don't actually do that? I mean it's possible, right?

Sure, I guess it's possible.
Can you prove that they don't come to life?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
True story, the absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence.

If I alone won the chance to put any player on the cover of the next Madden, how much do you think I could extort UH I MEAN EARN if I promised to not put a Seahawk on the front cover?

Or better yet, what could I get from a 49er fan if I did promise to put Sherman on the front cover?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
nepahawk":39s4akwx said:
MidwestHawker":39s4akwx said:
nepahawk":39s4akwx said:
Oh, you mock the curse.

Sure, I guess it's possible.
Can you prove that they don't come to life?

No, I can't. There's no way I could ever prove that.

Now the follow-up is this: should I ever base any part of any decision on the possibility that they could, and that I can't definitively disprove that they don't?