Vote for Richard Sherman for the cover of Madden 15

randomation

Reaction score
So my big question about this whole thing how did the colts eagles and panthers have two players in the initial vote and not the hawks? Such as oh I don't know Russell Carrington Wilson that could have been a possible 2nd person for hawks maybe or Beast Mode or you know any of a dozen plus other members of the Super Bowl Champions.

Cartire

Reaction score
randomation":215j4tr3 said:
So my big question about this whole thing how did the colts eagles and panthers have two players in the initial vote and not the hawks? Such as oh I don't know Russell Carrington Wilson that could have been a possible 2nd person for hawks maybe or Beast Mode or you know any of a dozen plus other members of the Super Bowl Champions.

Yeah, I was rather confused on the selection process for the original 16. They weren't even kind enough to do 16 teams.

NorCal

Reaction score
If Sherm gets the cover and then gets hurt, then this thread will be an interesting read once again. I don't believe in curses either, but as with some other weird things in this world, i figure..Why take the chance?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
NorCal":3nbp7jnx said:
If Sherm gets the cover and then gets hurt, then this thread will be an interesting read once again.

No it won't. It's not like anyone is guaranteeing that he won't get hurt; that would be a ridiculous thing to try to guarantee about any football player. He may or may not be on the Madden cover, and he may or may not get hurt, and neither will have anything to do with each other.

I don't believe in curses either, but as with some other weird things in this world, i figure..Why take the chance?

Having Sherman on the cover of the game would be fun, and while there are sometimes valid, tangible reasons to avoid doing something that is fun (this, in fact, is what the whole condom industry is built upon), fearing imaginary monsters under the bed is not among them.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
So say Kaep wins... how many of you will be like "HAHAHA HES SO SCREWED BECAUSE MADDEN!"

(Vote for Kaep)

:D

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
randomation":23t863ib said:

Because realistically this bracket is tilted to have one of 5 guys on it. Sherm, Kaep, Cam, Luck or Shady

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":j9yjwbit said:
So say Kaep wins... how many of you will be like "HAHAHA HES SO SCREWED BECAUSE MADDEN!"

Probably even more than are in here lobbying against Sherman getting it; it will still be a bunch of silliness.

As someone who is more likely than not to buy the Madden game regardless of the cover boy, I'd sure rather not buy something with Kaepernick on the cover.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
And yeah the field is a bit weird. They pass right over the likes of Manning/Rodgers/Brady in creating the field.

nepahawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2vlpczwy said:
And yeah the field is a bit weird. They pass right over the likes of Manning/Rodgers/Brady in creating the field.

It's a conspiracy, they don't want those players hurt.
Even the NFL knows the curse is real.
They are trying to injure and quiet Sherman.
Say no to the cover!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
cacksman":2xs1qp4a said:
I think Calvin Johnson setting the single season receiving record the year he was on the cover put an end to the curse.

FYI, Sherman advanced to the 2nd round.
If you want to continue believing this, then don't do any searching on the arguments that Megatron proved the curse still exists because of his low # of TDs that year while having a ton of yards. There are plenty of chumps that explain it away no matter what.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There's probably a pretty good correlation between people who believe in the "Madden Curse" and people who make bad decisions in general.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
253hawk":ad494cis said:
So no one had a problem with hawks being on SI covers but think the Madden thing is real? Uh...okay. If you're gonna be superstitious, stay in the damn basement like that Broncos fan. The problem is that most of these guys were slapped on covers after having amazing stand-out seasons which are extremely difficult to replicate, let alone in successive seasons. Most of them weren't even consistently great. Then they started deciding the cover with fan votes in 2011? Yeah.

I want him on the cover/splash screen so that every time a Whiner fan boots up Madden, they have to see Sherm in all of his glory. Hopefully doing the choking taunt.

THIS....OMG THIS.....The reason they are usually on the cover is because they just had an amazing year or career year....hard to duplicate obviously.

253hawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":139h0ggv said:
THIS....OMG THIS.....The reason they are usually on the cover is because they just had an amazing year or career year....hard to duplicate obviously.

I mean come on...Eddie George, Culpepper, a very young Vick, McNabb, Vince Young, Hillis...guys that had one good breakout year and that was it or they were just barely consistently better than average.

Anyway, Sherm is on to round two and up against "I'M JIMMY" Graham now. Ironically, the side of that bracket right now is SEA/NO and SF/CAR (Sherman/Graham and Kaepernick/Kuechly.) Just like the divisional playoffs. It'd be nice to see a defensive player on the cover; Ray Lewis is the only one to be on it by himself. Fitz/Polamalu were on '10 but that was dictated by EA to have one of each and the final year before they switched to van voting.

I believe Sherm would be the first player on it immediately following a significant injury. His high ankle sprain in the SB is just getting the curse out of the way early.

Mindsink

Reaction score
NorCal":2azkwibf said:
If Sherm gets the cover and then gets hurt, then this thread will be an interesting read once again. I don't believe in curses either, but as with some other weird things in this world, i figure..Why take the chance?

My point exactly.

Mindsink

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2slaayuf said:
If you want to continue believing this, then don't do any searching on the arguments that Megatron proved the curse still exists because of his low # of TDs that year while having a ton of yards. There are plenty of chumps that explain it away no matter what.

Not only that, but his team went on to lose 8 straight games to close out the season at 4-12 after making the playoffs the previous year. Hmm...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Mindsink":3q6m9ba6 said:
RolandDeschain":3q6m9ba6 said:

Not only that, but his team went on to lose 8 straight games to close out the season at 4-12 after making the playoffs the previous year. Hmm...

And he played hurt all year.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Mindsink":29n0z54d said:
NorCal":29n0z54d said:

My point exactly.

In case you were wondering: it's not a good point.