Vote for Richard Sherman for the cover of Madden 15

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Nepahawk, the burden of proof is on you since you're making the claim of a curse. Prove that it exists with clear evidence and cogent analysis.

While you're waiting to do that, I'll point out that the real curse of our last Madden cover Seahawk was being a 29-year-old running back by the time the cover came out.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":55sbtlgc said:
Nepahawk, the burden of proof is on you since you're making the claim of a curse. Prove that it exists with clear evidence and cogent analysis.

While you're waiting to do that, I'll point out that the real curse of our last Madden cover Seahawk was being a 29-year-old running back by the time the cover came out.

I'm not going to try to prove or disprove the curse. I choose to believe, you don`t.
I believe in God but, have no proof that he truly exists. I just choose to believe.
I guess I'm crazy because of this, also.
How could any intelligent person believe in anything without cast iron facts?

253hawk

Reaction score
I bet all of these curse believers are also Paula Cole fans.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Another connection between Sherm and Shaun Alexander, both got big contracts the year they were put on the Madden cover.....................

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
nepahawk":2ev9rh7n said:
Smelly McUgly":2ev9rh7n said:

I'm not going to try to prove or disprove the curse. I choose to believe, you don`t.
I believe in God but, have no proof that he truly exists. I just choose to believe.

8kxiZ

FFS, quit trying to get this conversation moved to another forum.

Also that's a terrible analogy, so

8kxiZ

again.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Blitzer88":36cfqw8c said:
Another connection between Sherm and Shaun Alexander, both got big contracts the year they were put on the Madden cover.....................

Next you're going to tell me that they both proceeded to try to play 16 straight games of contact football afterward!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Blitzer88":e1b70ay0 said:

You're trying too hard bro

-The Glove-

Reaction score
lsheldon":2383b38r said:
I didn't see this posted anywhere here yet, apparently they unveiled his cover during this event to announce the winner: Skip to about the 1:50 mark. She tells him to take a look at his new Madden cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GAVIkA-nPQ

IMAGE:

Screen Shot 2014 06 06 at 73731 PM
Yeah I doubt they'd put him on the cover in the old Seahawks jersey

nepahawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3vhxjyta said:
nepahawk":3vhxjyta said:
Smelly McUgly":3vhxjyta said:

8kxiZ

FFS, quit trying to get this conversation moved to another forum.

Also that's a terrible analogy, so

8kxiZ

again.

I don't know what FFS stands for? I assume it's not a compliment. :(
But, not trying to shift anything. This topic is not worth anymore time and aggravation for you, me or anyone else. IMHO for what it's worth.

Go Hawks!!
Something I think we can agree on!!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
nepahawk":uod16wy9 said:
But, not trying to shift anything. This topic is not worth anymore time and aggravation for you, me or anyone else. IMHO for what it's worth.

Go Hawks!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FFS

The point is that drawing an analogy to religion is generally toxic in internet discourse and will just lead to a derail, but I'll just briefly note that the reason it's a poor analogy is that one is trying to explain a bigger question than we're able to with scientific evidence (the origin of the universe) whereas this "Madden curse" is attempting to explain...why players get hurt playing a dangerous contact sport. It's offering an explanation for something that needs no explanation.

Most players on a team turn up on an injury report at some point in a season. They don't necessarily miss games, but they get noted as someone who is at least in some level of danger of missing games. Sherm showed up on the injury report last season on four different weeks, for foot and hip issues. And then he got hurt during the Super Bowl and couldn't finish the game. Of course he could get hurt this coming year. That's true of literally everyone on our team and literally everyone on anyone else's team. If you're looking for a guarantee of maximum safety for our players, it doesn't exist. To point to the cosmic forces of a plastic video game cover as the reason for that is loony.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
-The Glove-":k5ia7r11 said:
lsheldon":k5ia7r11 said:
I didn't see this posted anywhere here yet, apparently they unveiled his cover during this event to announce the winner: Skip to about the 1:50 mark. She tells him to take a look at his new Madden cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GAVIkA-nPQ

IMAGE:

Screen Shot 2014 06 06 at 73731 PM
Yeah I doubt they'd put him on the cover in the old Seahawks jersey

yeah not the official cover. They didn't do the photo shoot till after it was announced.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
MidwestHawker":1pkzcpmu said:
nepahawk":1pkzcpmu said:

Go Hawks!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FFS

The point is that drawing an analogy to religion is generally toxic in internet discourse and will just lead to a derail, but I'll just briefly note that the reason it's a poor analogy is that one is trying to explain a bigger question than we're able to with scientific evidence (the origin of the universe) whereas this "Madden curse" is attempting to explain...why players get hurt playing a dangerous contact sport. It's offering an explanation for something that needs no explanation.

Most players on a team turn up on an injury report at some point in a season. They don't necessarily miss games, but they get noted as someone who is at least in some level of danger of missing games. Sherm showed up on the injury report last season on four different weeks, for foot and hip issues. And then he got hurt during the Super Bowl and couldn't finish the game. Of course he could get hurt this coming year. That's true of literally everyone on our team and literally everyone on anyone else's team. If you're looking for a guarantee of maximum safety for our players, it doesn't exist. To point to the cosmic forces of a plastic video game cover as the reason for that is loony.

You're the best, bub. I'll promise not to get on anyone else anymore after this great post, but I will say that the reason it irks me in this particular instance is because Sherman WANTED to get the Madden cover, and some of our fans were voting against him out of a misplaced fear in a curse. They had no proof that the curse existed and thus were sabotaging their own player for no reason.

253hawk

Reaction score
TDl3D

Sherman already has a max (99) rating in the game.

Let's hope they bumped up his injury restistance... :240039:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
fun fact: Richard Sherman was rated a 52 in madden 2012. The Lowest rating of any defensive back in the entire game.

In Madden 15 he will be the highest rated player in the game (along with anyone else rated a 99, although I'm not sure who i'd put in that category right now)

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Oh yeah, certainly Watt. I dunno if AP will get a 99 this year, I would tend to guess slightly below that, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

Latest posts