Seattle Mariners vs Texas Rangers Sep 27-29

Chapow

Reaction score
Playoff baseball baby. Now we need to win the WC series so we can have an actual playoff game in Seattle. 22 years.

The 1st WC isn't out of reach. Especially if they win this game, since both Toronto and Tampa Bay lost. Although, it is admittedly pretty unlikely at this point. Would need some help and would need to win most of our remaining games.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think the worst outcome for the Blue Jays is 89-73, Tampa Bay 88-74 and Mariners could legitimately win out considering who they play. I think the Mariners finish at 90 wins. Tampa Bay 87-75 and Toronto 91-69. Second wild card, in Toronto.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Good solid game. Would have loved another add-on run or two in the 8th, but turns out we didn't need them.

The bullpen is back on line.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Good solid game. Would have loved another add-on run or two in the 8th, but turns out we didn't need them.

The bullpen is back on line.
Munoz was fire tonight as was the rest of pen.
Wish he’d throw the 103 mph more though.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Went to the game, looked like the old Mariners. Great pitching to go along with just enough hits.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
HUGE! It was nice to see the energy back. That's one hell of a pitcher they were going against. Getting those 2 runs in the first set the tone for the entire game. Both starters got out of jams, just a fun game overall. I had to tell a few of my friends to shut their pie holes about the bullpen blow up. They were acting like all the sudden the M's bullpen sucks. Come on guys :ROFLMAO:

Yesterday couldn't have been a more perfect day for the M's. Get the W, Toronto/TB/Baltimore all LOSE. Also, Servais said he switched up the routine. He had them show up later, I believe he said little to no BP, etc. Mainly because he feels they were pressing, which is very obvious. Like the commercial says, it's only strange if it doesn't work. Could they have scored more? Sure. But you could say that about Texas as well. Just a solid baseball game with very good pitching.

Magic number at 3 with 8 to play. Scoreboard watching has been a blast. I pin the scores of the other games to my phone and check it several times for 3 hours while doing other stuff.
We could clinch as early as Friday. I've been saying Sunday, but I think we clinch on Saturday. Side note, it is VERY obvious that Suarez being in the lineup changes the energy and confidence of the team. Get Julio back, that's next level. He is the heart.

This is fun

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gonna get that Dub. That being said, BP Marco is the one starter that makes me very nervous.
Come on kid, we need GOOD Marco. I'll be at the Iron Maiden concert tonight w/the constant updates going on. My kind of night. Up The Irons! Go M's!

Ruminator

Reaction score
There are some folks out there beyond the Pacific Northwest who are about to be reminded of the existence of the Seattle Mariners. Glad this playoff drought, currently the longest in all of professional sports, is about to end. To the hapless franchise out there that is about to receive the torch, I don't know who you are, but here, we're DONE with it!