Seattle’s two picks from Denver in 2023 draft

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I just find it interesting how fast things change. Was it not at the beginning of the season that the Seahawk nation was trying to figure out what QB the Hawks were going to draft in the first round, to now, where it is even in question if the Hawks, not only if they will draft a Qb in the first round, but whether they will draft a qb at all.

I just find it comical that ALL the experts said no way the Hawks can be successfull with Geno and Lock. I think it just says a lot to the fact the experts are miles away from understanding any part of Pete Carroll.

I mean im thinking THEY shouldnt even try! Who knows what Pete and john are going to do and for goodness sake if they draft a qb from the girl scouts and sign a qb from the mickey mouse league "EXPERTS"" just SHUT UP lol dont say a word about it because chances are, pete is going to make the experts look stupid AGAIN!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I just find it interesting how fast things change. Was it not at the beginning of the season that the Seahawk nation was trying to figure out what QB the Hawks were going to draft in the first round, to now, where it is even in question if the Hawks, not only if they will draft a Qb in the first round, but whether they will draft a qb at all.

I just find it comical that ALL the experts said no way the Hawks can be successfull with Geno and Lock. I think it just says a lot to the fact the experts are miles away from understanding any part of Pete Carroll.

I mean im thinking THEY shouldnt even try! Who knows what Pete and john are going to do and for goodness sake if they draft a qb from the girl scouts and sign a qb from the mickey mouse league "EXPERTS"" just SHUT UP lol dont say a word about it because chances are, pete is going to make the experts look stupid AGAIN!
I'm going on record saying they will for sure draft a QB.

GemCity

Reaction score
First four picks should go to D-Line and Linebacker.

Mayyyyybe Center if there’s a can’t miss guy in the third.

4-5th round project QB would be ok imo.

I’m hoping we resign Geno and this is how it plays out!

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
First four picks should go to D-Line and Linebacker.

Mayyyyybe Center if there’s a can’t miss guy in the third.

4-5th round project QB would be ok imo.

I’m hoping we resign Geno and this is how it plays out!
Really? Since when has Carroll ever carried 3 Qbs? If they use a 4th or 5th round pick that would most certianly mean that either that pick is going to be cut or lock will be cut.

GemCity

Reaction score
Really? Since when has Carroll ever carried 3 Qbs? If they use a 4th or 5th round pick that would most certianly mean that either that pick is going to be cut or lock will be cut.
What from Lock has made you think he’s a keeper? I haven’t heard anything pointing to him being the QB of the future.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Ive just heard that Carroll likes him. Ive heard that recently.

But we have no idea what john and pete are going to do. For all we know they trade up for the number one pick. They are totally unpredictable

renofox

Reaction score
Exactly. If they re-sign Geno, and they believe Lock is making good progress towards becoming the next QB, PCJS will probably not draft a QB unless an Allen/Mahomes level talent (in their eyes) falls to them in the draft.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What from Lock has made you think he’s a keeper? I haven’t heard anything pointing to him being the QB of the future.
And none of us were impressed with Geno during TC and the preseason despite Pete telling us Geno is the leader of the QB competition ... my point being, don't write Drew Lock off just yet... as least I won't. His one major flaw is he thinks he can complete any pass because he has such a strong arm. If he learns to temper that tendency, he may yet be a starting QB in the league.

GemCity

Reaction score
And none of us were impressed with Geno during TC and the preseason despite Pete telling us Geno is the leader of the QB competition ... my point being, don't write Drew Lock off just yet... as least I won't. His one major flaw is he thinks he can complete any pass because he has such a strong arm. If he learns to temper that tendency, he may yet be a starting QB in the league.
I’m not writing him off. And I agree with the comment about Geno. You never know.

I just wouldn’t be surprised to see us take one in a later round.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Ive just heard that Carroll likes him. Ive heard that recently.

But we have no idea what john and pete are going to do. For all we know they trade up for the number one pick. They are totally unpredictable
Carroll says a lot of things. I've heard him talk up players right before he cuts or trades them.

misfit

Reaction score
Lock just doesn't scream a Pete type of qb if you watch what he is. Maybe that changes after a year in the system but he takes a lotta chances and hes talked about it in press conferences. In hindsight it makes more sense that Geno became their guy.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
A lot will be known before the draft. What is the duration of Smith's contract (assuming he signs for us)? Do we re-sign Lock and if so on what sort of contract.

If Geno carries on balling other teams might offer him $45m+ if that is the case we might draft a QB high and allow him and Lock to compete for 2023 back-up and 2024 starter.

While a top 3 pick can be an opportunity to get a franchise QB at a relatively low salary it can also be the opportunity to draft a Mayfield, Trubisky, Darnold or JeMarcus Russel instead of a difference maker at some other position. The large majority of QBs picked in the top 3 spots never make it to a top 10 QB.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
A lot will be known before the draft. What is the duration of Smith's contract (assuming he signs for us)? Do we re-sign Lock and if so on what sort of contract.

If Geno carries on balling other teams might offer him $45m+ if that is the case we might draft a QB high and allow him and Lock to compete for 2023 back-up and 2024 starter.

While a top 3 pick can be an opportunity to get a franchise QB at a relatively low salary it can also be the opportunity to draft a Mayfield, Trubisky, Darnold or JeMarcus Russel instead of a difference maker at some other position. The large majority of QBs picked in the top 3 spots never make it to a top 10 QB.
So, you're saying that there a lot of unknowns.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I’m curious to see if the Denver defense gets frustrated and mails it in.

They’ve been lights out this year and really the only ray of hope for that team.

If the defense starts to tumble they could lose quite a few games.

Scout

Reaction score
Denver's defense is elite and super bowl caliber. The problem is the Broncos offense is arguably the worst in the league. Also, if the Broncos sustain anymore injuries on offense they simply will not be able to function. But because of their defense they might be able to double their win total by seasons end.

The draft strategy will hinge on what the Hawks decide to do with free agency. With plenty of cap space I anticipate the Hawks just loading up on talent on both sides of the ball. Drafting a QB depends upon on the contract length that Geno is most likely to receive. Drafting a QB in round 1 when Geno receives a 3-5 year deal doesn't make logical sense. However, if Geno receives a 2 year deal then it is possible that a QB is drafted in round 1.

I do not anticipate the team drafting a QB outside of round 1 with Geno and Lock presumably returning but you never know.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I do not anticipate the team drafting a QB outside of round 1 with Geno and Lock presumably returning but you never know.

I could easily see a repeat of 2012. We see a QB we like in the later rounds, if he does well we trade Lock, if it doesn't work out pre season then the rookie is cut / maintained as 3rd QB.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Carroll says a lot of things. I've heard him talk up players right before he cuts or trades them.
Truth, he might as well be a F-ing Vicar 😂

(If you haven’t already, watch Inside Man on Netflix)

Latest posts