Seattle’s two picks from Denver in 2023 draft

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Currently the Seahawks are netting pick 8 and 39 from Denver in the next draft.
I think there is a good possibility these draft picks may improve with Denver’s remaining schedule.
They have Kansas City twice, Baltimore, the Chargers, Rams, Cardinals, Panthers, Raiders.

Everyone is so tightly grouped at the bottom of the league ( with exception of Houston)… what do you think Broncos final record will be?
On current form I can see them only picking up a couple of wins from Car / Oak / NFC west games and finishing 5-12. That could well net us a top 5 pick.

It’s wonderful watching them struggle. I was at the London game and they were fortunate to get the win against Jax (Lawrence threw a pick in the end zone to give them life when their offense had done nothing all half). Excited to see what talent we will be able to draft next year !

Last edited:

Spohawks

Reaction score
I was looking into this yesterday and yes, its jammed packed at the bottom. Record wise with just 3 wins, Denver could pick as low as 11.

If Denver can suck enough to get to that 3-5 pick, the Seahawks will have a game changing stud on their hands.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Espn (3 days ago) projected the Seahawks getting the 3rd overall pick.

3rd pick value = 2200

Lions 7th and 9th pick value = 1850

You could throw in the lions 3rd round pick at a value of 292 as well.

Seahawks trade their 1st (value 2200)
For
Lions (2) first and a 3rd (Value 2142)

I would do that but the lions may want to fill some needs rather than 1 major player.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Carolina is playing pretty tough defense aren't they? Outside of the Raiders I'm not projecting any wins from Denver.
No matter how it shakes out I don't see John keeping one of our firsts. He loves to trade down and get picks. And who can argue after the last draft? With the emergence of Geno we're not in a position to "have to" draft a QB although if a great prospect is available we should. Always compete!

OP
OP
F

Followthelegion

Reaction score
I really don't see where the Broncos wins are going to come from out of KC (x2), BAL, LAC. So it leaves ARI, LAR, CAR, OAK. I'd say they'd be doing well to get 2 wins there.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
No matter how it shakes out I don't see John keeping one of our firsts. He loves to trade down and get picks. And who can argue after the last draft?
Don't lose sight of the fact that last year we were drafting about 16 to 18 spots higher in each round than we formerly were. Those higher picks in each round contributed to a better all-around draft. John and Pete hit a grand slam last year but those higher picks in each round sure helped.

For example, we drafted Abe Lucas in the 3rd round (an absolute steal) but he was selected with the #72 overall pick (8th pick in the 3rd round).

Considering we have 4 picks out of the first 64, I'd prefer that we not trade down for those 4 picks. jmo

Ozzy

Reaction score
If they get the #3 pick it will be fascinating to see if JS sees one of the QB's there as an elite franchise guy and if he does you have to take him I think. Getting Anderson on the dline would be incredible too. Elite QB's are just so valuable though that passing on them would be tough long term I think.

They almost never get to pick in that blue chip spot that I think they end up keeping it and picking from it if its in the top 3-5 and more likely as it moves up

Spohawks

Reaction score
It will be a "On the clock" decision regardless. No guesssing who the first few picks will be. As mentioned above, if that freak QB that the team thinks is a 15 year guy is still on the board...it would be crazy hard to pass on because they may never #3 again.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Carolina is playing pretty tough defense aren't they? Outside of the Raiders I'm not projecting any wins from Denver.
No matter how it shakes out I don't see John keeping one of our firsts. He loves to trade down and get picks. And who can argue after the last draft? With the emergence of Geno we're not in a position to "have to" draft a QB although if a great prospect is available we should. Always compete!

He hasn't traded down with a round 1 pick since 2019

He probably will with one of them this time, but he generally likes to stick and pick with higher picks

Donn2390

Reaction score
With all of the "drafting a QB" talk as of late, I was wondering how Lock was doing. If he has taken to flying high in Seattle, we can continue to roll with Geno and Lock as our future, so no need to even think about drafting another QB.
That was the unanswered question until today, I just saw that Pete brought that quest to light today..
Perhaps the "Quarter Back Whisperer" has preformed miracles again and we're good for years to come????

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
With all of the "drafting a QB" talk as of late, I was wondering how Lock was doing. If he has taken to flying high in Seattle, we can continue to roll with Geno and Lock as our future, so no need to even think about drafting another QB.
That was the unanswered question until today, I just saw that Pete brought that quest to light today..
Perhaps the "Quarter Back Whisperer" has preformed miracles again and we're good for years to come????
Yeah, I don't think we draft a QB, at least not high, unless Geno & Lock both walk but I don't really see that happening & can see both returning. If 1 of them leave then they might draft a QB later in round 3 or 4 IMO.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He hasn't traded down with a round 1 pick since 2019

He probably will with one of them this time, but he generally likes to stick and pick with higher picks
I was thinking they were going with elite Dline talent with the first pick and trading back with the second one. Hopefully, a team will send them a 2024 first-rounder for it.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
If they get the #3 pick it will be fascinating to see if JS sees one of the QB's there as an elite franchise guy and if he does you have to take him I think. Getting Anderson on the dline would be incredible too. Elite QB's are just so valuable though that passing on them would be tough long term I think.

They almost never get to pick in that blue chip spot that I think they end up keeping it and picking from it if its in the top 3-5 and more likely as it moves up
I don’t consider any of the QBs coming out to be elite Young is the best of them and if he gets the right coaching could be a top 10 NFL QB but I have no confidence with the Texans developing him. Seahawks are set at QB. I am guessing PC will target 1-3 players with the 1st pick and if they all get drafted they will decide to trade out

Latest posts