Seahawks VERY ALIVE in the Wild Card Race

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ljmqyi5 said:
LTH":1ljmqyi5 said:
Dude I'm not trying to change your mind... you see it the way you see it..

I just don't think it makes a difference if you lose the championship game or you get bounced in the first round. Bottom line is you go home with out a SB only with a worst draft pick if you lose the championship game...

LTH

That is a big difference between me and you. I want to see improvement at some point. Your content with the cycle the teams stuck in for some reason.

i wouldn't say i'm content.. i think i just realize how tough it is to get there... but drafting where the Hawks draft for 12 years makes it hard...

it's like every team in the bottom 3rd of the draft gets a dollar to buy a player

every team in the 2nd 3rd gets 2 dollars

and every team in the top 3rd gets 3 dollars to buy a player

who has more money to buy players?

Not the Hawks

but yet the Hawks are still competitive

why is that?

Its because the Hawks find players where they can and somehow make it work ... I think it is good coaching...I think its because they take chances in the draft and it works out more often than not hence, Taylor and DK

Does Pete make mistakes yes he does, but then so does the rest of the league...

I'm not saying he is perfect because he is not..

I personally agree with Fade I think the Hawks should invest all of there draft capital in the trenches give Russell Wilson an offensive line and he will be great...I believe that.. and I'm frustrated because they don't do that...

but I do understand your frustration of not going to the big dance... its very frustrating.

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":1zizo8q8 said:
but I do understand your frustration of not going to the big dance... its very frustrating.

LTH

Sure its frustrating, but its not Super Bowl or bust with me. I understand that only one team wins the big game each year and its hard to get there, but I just want and need change. I've been reading the same book for 6 years now. The 2nd round of the post season is the ceiling. I dont think Petes a bad coach, but I dont think he's good enough to get the team past that ceiling at this point. I would much rather go away from Pete and suffer some lean years than to endure him anymore. Seattle is stuck in 3rd gear and it wont get better with the current head coach.

hawker84

Reaction score
Rat":1yc307m5 said:
hawker84":1yc307m5 said:
toffee":1yc307m5 said:
If the Hawks makes the playoff, some folks on dot net would be very disappointed. Pete should win the coach if the year which is against the Fire Pete movement.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Lol at all the chest thumping after beating the happless Jaguars..
Making the playoffs is one thing, making it to the conference title game is something totally different. So who cares if the stumble into the playoffs. They're not good enough to tangle with the big boys. Not this season. And certainly doesn't have the coaching... just enjoy the win and the bye, come Sunday after next, it gets real...

If we make the playoffs, it sure won't be "stumbling in". It would probably mean winning at least 7 of our last 9 games.

Very true, I stand corrected. If we make the playoffs it will be because we're clicking on all cylinders and our coaching on both sides of the ball is lights out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Again, people telling others that they are "content" with just making the playoffs.
People you probably know nothing about personally. We get it already

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The excuse for why the Hawks struggle in Day 1 drafts does not wash.

The Hawks draft at the bottom because they trade to the bottom.

In reality, the Hawks often start drafts nearer the middle than the bottom, at least the last 5 years.

I hate the excuse because it gives Pete a pass when he was the one that engendered the issue.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":165m1soe said:
Again, people telling others that they are "content" with just making the playoffs.
People you probably know nothing about personally. We get it already

The people that are happy with the way things currently are cant be anything other than "content". I guess the word "delusional" could be used for those that somehow still think it'll get better with Pete at the helm.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or you could just worry about yourself?
Just because you seem grumpy and seem to hate all things Seahawk, doesn't mean that others are idiots for thinking differently. The more you know.......
But, we've been down this road about 733 times.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":pw186ib5 said:
Or you could just worry about yourself?
Just because you seem grumpy and seem to hate all things Seahawk, doesn't mean that others are idiots for thinking differently. The more you know.......
But, we've been down this road about 733 times.

Pot calling the kettle black. You comment on every post that a person has that doesnt share your opinion and your telling me to worry about myself. Lol.

You and the three other posters that think its all rainbows and unicorns in Seahawk land can continue to wave your pom-poms and cheer from the sidelines while the rest of us discuss the issues that have plagued the team for years now that need corrected.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You clearly don't read my posts. I say plenty about the issues that this team has.

But ok, whatever you say :irishdrinkers:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3our6cxe said:
You clearly don't read my posts. I say plenty about the issues that this team has.

But ok, whatever you say :irishdrinkers:

Then why are you complaining about others that are doing the same?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm complaining about YOU and your sniveling over and over again. Just because YOU think they suck and have no shot, doesn't mean the rest of us should fan YOUR way. You tell everyone who has even SOME positive thoughts on the team that they are content. How the hell do you know someone is content? This team has a LOT of work to do, period. The team deserves plenty of criticism. There's a big difference between pointing out obvious problems and blasting them 24/7 and telling everyone else they are stupid if they are not 100 percent doom and gloom.

Like Anthrax said: Talking to you is like clapping with one hand.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hapxnxm said:
You tell everyone who has even SOME positive thoughts on the team that they are content. How the hell do you know someone is content?

Again, to the people that are satisfied with the current makeup of the organization, how can you be anything other than 'content' when you dont want anything to change? You have had 6 years now with similar results and you think its going to be somehow different with Pete Carroll as the coach? This season it only took until week two to see that Pete sank his meat hooks into the offense again. Its the same exact thing every single year. Its not going to change, its only getting worse. Its taken this long for a lot of fans to finally realize this, but you and a few select others still havent.

I've always said that the most tired saying on this board is 'Anything can happen once you make the playoffs'. Ever notice that never applies to Seattle? There's an obvious reason for that. Maybe you'll realize the reason why eventually, maybe not.

Like Anthrax said: Talking to you is like clapping with one hand.

I didnt see that, but thats a good one. Same saying applies for those that still hold out hope Carroll will get the team over the hump somehow.

nutluck

Reaction score
It is true the hawks are very much alive but that can actually be said about every team in the NFL even the winless Lions are still in it. If they go on a winning streak and finish 9-7 and all but 2 of the teams in the wild card hunt mostly lose out they could. Yeah not going to happen but still possible.

The hawks on the other hand obviously have a much easier time than the Lions to claim the last spot, but they still need 5 teams to do worse than them for the rest of the year.
Currently the Rams at 7-1 have the 1st wildcard spot and Saints at 5-2 the second wild card spot

The current standings for the last playoff spot.
Panthers - 1 game lead and has a better conference record tie breaker
Vikings - 1 game lead and has head to head tie breaker
9er's - 1 game lead but hawks have head to head tie breaker
Falcons - 1 game lead, and hawks have better conference record for tie breakers
Eagles - tied games, but they have the better conference record tie breaker
Seahawks
Bears - tied games, but Seahawks has better conference record for tie breaker

Then you have the rest of the teams with worse records, that are chasing even the bears.

rcaido

Reaction score
Good morning games so far.

Panthers lose
Saints lose(i think this is plus instead of the Falcons, as i think the Saints will start losing)
Vikings lose

Afternoon games

Packers will probably lose
49ers will probably lose
Eagles will probably lose

*edit*
Cowboys lost too...which is always a plus

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Buffalo lost to the Jaguars; the same Buffalo team that has been hyped recently as a Superbowl contender.

Yeah those Jaguars, that the Seahawks easily disposed of the week before.

When can we start hyping the Seahawks as Superbowl contenders?

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's a little early to start looking at the standings and trying to figure our playoff scenarios. You hope for a team like the Saints to lose then someone like the Falcons leap frogs them. I normally wait until after Thanksgiving weekend before I start looking at playoff possibilities.