Seahawks VERY ALIVE in the Wild Card Race

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Stud wrote:
And it only took beating the worst team in the leauge to do so!!!!

And this tired old argument still? You can only play who they put in front of you. If this was the Rams or Cards, you'd be in full worship mode.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18qpgx1z said:
See it how you want. I highly doubt you would be unhappy if they somehow turn this around and get in. But as usual, someone will assume that others are happy with just making the playoffs. No, they are not.

You're right, I wouldn't be unhappy if we made the playoffs. I'm a Seahawk fan and I always root for us to win no matter what. But simply making the playoffs while knowing that nearly half of the teams qualify would be more of a passive raising of the eyebrows for me than a full throated whoop and holler.

Over the years, I've consciously tried to regulate my emotions and keep them on an even keel. If we lose and I expected it, then I'm not as likely to throw a brick through the TV and kick the dog. If I don't expect us to win and they exceed that by winning, I'm a lot happier than I would be had I anticipated it, sort of like a surprise birthday party.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2p55peeo said:
If this was the Rams or Cards, you'd be in full worship mode.

If it was the Rams or Cards they wouldnt have won.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As usual, you don't get the point, at all.
Dear God you're a miserable "fan"
Do you even like the Seahawks? I'm being serious. Or do you just enjoy blasting them 24/7 365???
FFS, this place sometimes :?

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qnwai0t said:
Do you even like the Seahawks? I'm being serious. Or do you just enjoy blasting them 24/7 365???
To some on dot net, they worship the idea that Hawks couldn't reach promised land with Pete Carroll. Or, Russell Wilson couldn't reach full greatness under Pete.

To those, getting rid of Pete at all cost is acceptable, losing a few games is therefore just means towards their end game of firing Pete.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or those who think the Hawks only made the Super Bowl, TWICE, because of the Defense and running game. Because clearly Russ had nothing to do with it. And they could make the super bowl with just about any QB :?

hawker84

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3sxv9hah said:
hawker84":3sxv9hah said:
HawkNuts":3sxv9hah said:
The Negative Nancy’s have taken over this message board.

It was a fun game to watch. I’m a little worried about Duane Brown but I’ve got very few complaints.

Looks like the defense is starting to build some confidence. It is a relatively young group.

I wish we could have flipped a couple of those overtime games. We’ve got a big hole to dig out of. Pete Carroll looks like he’s got the ship upright. We’ll see if RW can take us the rest of the way.

Why is pointing out obvious deficiencies on this team negative? Why is calling out poor game plans and in game coaching negative? Why is calling out bonehead drive killing/extending penalties negative? Why is calling poor clock management and terrible use of time outs week after week, year after year negative? Why is being sick and tired of waiting until the 4th qrt for your coaching staff to make adjustments and hoping our QB can engineer another miraculous game winning drive negative? Somebody please clear this up for me, because I am obviously confused... I mean the list goes on and on. What because we get bounced early from the playoffs every year, we're supposed to be fine with all that?

Sorry if it's not a rebuilding year, it's at least conference title game and above or bust for me. And if we're not reaching thise goals due to coaching or personnel, then those problems need addressed and handled. Again please tell me how that attitude is being a negative nancy...

Most fans who are involved enough to be on a message board can see the deficiencies. We don’t need them pointed out constantly.

The other issue is that the folks who point them out know football but not enough to break down why these things are actually happening. Some folks dwell on deficiencies. Some coaches do this Belichik/Parcells made nice careers out of it. Thankfully Pete Carroll isn’t that type of coach.

I find the people who focus on the negative each week are the same ones who dislike PC the most.

Soon as they stop committing them every week, I'll stop commenting in them every week...deal?

Secondly, of course people who see the deficiencies in this team every week are the same people who dislike Carroll as our head coach. Seeing how he's the main cause of them. Head scratch...

Thirdly, anytime you'd like me to dig a little deeper on my takes, feel free to engage me in some dialog. I can assure you I know a thing or two about the game of football and this team.

As far as some of the other takes, proclaiming we want this team to lose to get rid of Pete. Nope, we just want a competent coaching staff who knows how to adapt with the rest of the league and utilize the talent they have, not try to force a pocket QB to run for his life every game.. Or establish a running game with a turnstile O line. Or run jet sweeps with a tight end. How about adapting and learning how to cover tight ends in the seam or running backs? That'd be fun to watch wouldn't it? Shall I continue?

Besides being a ridiculous theory, it'll never happen. Pete is too arrogant to get ran out of town. He'll retire when he's good and ready..

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1nw309pb said:

Sure I like the Hawks. If I didnt I wouldnt be begging for change.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2i8dyj8f said:
SoulfishHawk":2i8dyj8f said:

Sure I like the Hawks. If I didn't I wouldn't be begging for change.

It's weird how we see things so differently..

If you look around the NFL there is no dominate franchise that has dominated for years like the old days of the 49ers, Steelers and Cowboys. those days are LONG GONE...

People say that they are wasting Russell Wilson at his prime but yet look at the franchise QB's in the league the last ten years or even longer... Payton Manning Eli manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers... with the exception of Brady NOBODY is really out performing Wilson and Carroll.... Look at the coaches, nobody is really out performing Carroll by a big margin.. but yet you want to get rid of Carroll and blow the whole organization up because Carroll has not been in the SB for 7 years and he is no longer meeting your expectations... who Is meeting your expectations? What coach has kept his team competitive for 11 years while drafting in the very bottom of the draft for 11 years? who are you going to replace him with an unproven coach who has done NOTHING you are going to turn this team into the Jets... look at the talent on this team... DK, Wilson, Lockett,, Brooks, Taylor, Adams, Diggs, Neil, Ford, These are all good solid players the whole roster is stocked full of talent they just need to settle in a rhythm and get going... it takes time and patience... at the very beginning of the season I said several times that they were going to get off to a slow start and I wanted people to have some patience because I knew that it wasn't going to be a fast start like last year... this team is turning now be patient..

You say Carroll is a poor coach... Look at what is happening to Andy Reed. Look what is happening to Bill Bilicheck... Teams that have talent go through issues... in the Hawks case its learning a new O with a new O coordinator and then getting the talent on the D to play the scheme together... Yes they are going through some issues and yes, they lost their starting QB the went on a three game slide but they are working through those issues and trending up...This is a sign of good coaching not poor coaching...

Got some tough games ahead... I don't know what's going to happen but I do know Carroll has NOT lost the locker room... I know there is great leadership in the locker room its as strong as its ever been... there is NOTHING but optimism on this team... this team believes they are going to work out of this slow start and I see no reason to doubt that... the key is to stay close, put a string of wins together and peak into the play offs.... The good teams are the teams that have the vision and grit to work through adversity... that's what creates champions

They have a tough road ahead of them.. we will see what happens... we will see how far they go...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":iu39hzl7 said:
Come on LTH, we all know you're Pete! (it's a joke, we already talked about it) :mrgreen:

Well... if thats the case, I think this board should load me up on FREE gum!! LMAO!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":1fkat5j5 said:
You say Carroll is a poor coach... Look at what is happening to Andy Reed. Look what is happening to Bill Bilicheck... Teams that have talent go through issues... in the Hawks case its learning a new O with a new O coordinator and then getting the talent on the D to play the scheme together... Yes they are going through some issues and yes, they lost their starting QB the went on a three game slide but they are working through those issues and trending up...This is a sign of good coaching not poor coaching...

LTH

I think ESPN did an article last week about how Belichick and the Patriots have ruined fan expectations forever.

Now we all expect that one SB means a decade or more of dominance, when that's just not the reality of a parity sport like the NFL where good teams are constantly punished for remaining good for a long period of time.

Having said this, it doesn't mean I will forever blindly think Pete is infallible. IMO the Seahawks organization is in a very precarious time of volatility and transition......and while Pete might feel safe to keep around, he has not proven to us, or to ownership that he's capable of getting this team back to a SB. This goes for on the field, and in player acquisition/personnel.

Russell certainly sees the writing on the wall, it's why he did what he did last off season. He sees that the roster isn't anywhere near talented enough to win another SB in the foreseeable future.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's not even so much a "Fire Pete" thing, it just feels like whatever he is doing, it's not working. And it hasn't for at least a few seasons. At least come playoff time. It's time for a change. And not because he's a crappy coach, clearly he isn't a crappy coach.
But his message and his refusal to adjust in game has long since ran it's course. Just my own opinion.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
hawker84":1z8vgdvt said:
HawkNuts":1z8vgdvt said:
hawker84":1z8vgdvt said:
HawkNuts":1z8vgdvt said:
The Negative Nancy’s have taken over this message board.

It was a fun game to watch. I’m a little worried about Duane Brown but I’ve got very few complaints.

Looks like the defense is starting to build some confidence. It is a relatively young group.

I wish we could have flipped a couple of those overtime games. We’ve got a big hole to dig out of. Pete Carroll looks like he’s got the ship upright. We’ll see if RW can take us the rest of the way.

Why is pointing out obvious deficiencies on this team negative? Why is calling out poor game plans and in game coaching negative? Why is calling out bonehead drive killing/extending penalties negative? Why is calling poor clock management and terrible use of time outs week after week, year after year negative? Why is being sick and tired of waiting until the 4th qrt for your coaching staff to make adjustments and hoping our QB can engineer another miraculous game winning drive negative? Somebody please clear this up for me, because I am obviously confused... I mean the list goes on and on. What because we get bounced early from the playoffs every year, we're supposed to be fine with all that?

Sorry if it's not a rebuilding year, it's at least conference title game and above or bust for me. And if we're not reaching thise goals due to coaching or personnel, then those problems need addressed and handled. Again please tell me how that attitude is being a negative nancy...

Most fans who are involved enough to be on a message board can see the deficiencies. We don’t need them pointed out constantly.

The other issue is that the folks who point them out know football but not enough to break down why these things are actually happening. Some folks dwell on deficiencies. Some coaches do this Belichik/Parcells made nice careers out of it. Thankfully Pete Carroll isn’t that type of coach.

I find the people who focus on the negative each week are the same ones who dislike PC the most.

Soon as they stop committing them every week, I'll stop commenting in them every week...deal?

Secondly, of course people who see the deficiencies in this team every week are the same people who dislike Carroll as our head coach. Seeing how he's the main cause of them. Head scratch...

Thirdly, anytime you'd like me to dig a little deeper on my takes, feel free to engage me in some dialog. I can assure you I know a thing or two about the game of football and this team.

As far as some of the other takes, proclaiming we want this team to lose to get rid of Pete. Nope, we just want a competent coaching staff who knows how to adapt with the rest of the league and utilize the talent they have, not try to force a pocket QB to run for his life every game.. Or establish a running game with a turnstile O line. Or run jet sweeps with a tight end. How about adapting and learning how to cover tight ends in the seam or running backs? That'd be fun to watch wouldn't it? Shall I continue?

Besides being a ridiculous theory, it'll never happen. Pete is too arrogant to get ran out of town. He'll retire when he's good and ready..

I was referring to the theory of coaching via pointing out deficiencies in a players game. Some coaches base their coaching philosophy around it. I believe some people don’t like PC because of his personality not the on field results.

Kansas City put a ton of resources into their offensive line. It hasn’t worked out for them.

I didn’t single anybody out but there is too much bitching in this forum.

If you see a better coaching candidate out please enlighten us. I’m all for rebuilding at some point but it can go wrong in a hurry.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":tf5bosdp said:
LTH":tf5bosdp said:

LTH

I think ESPN did an article last week about how Belichick and the Patriots have ruined fan expectations forever.

Now we all expect that one SB means a decade or more of dominance, when that's just not the reality of a parity sport like the NFL where good teams are constantly punished for remaining good for a long period of time.

Having said this, it doesn't mean I will forever blindly think Pete is infallible. IMO the Seahawks organization is in a very precarious time of volatility and transition......and while Pete might feel safe to keep around, he has not proven to us, or to ownership that he's capable of getting this team back to a SB. This goes for on the field, and in player acquisition/personnel.

Russell certainly sees the writing on the wall, it's why he did what he did last off season. He sees that the roster isn't anywhere near talented enough to win another SB in the foreseeable future.

I don't think Pete is in infallible... I don't think Pete hasn't made mistakes... I just don't think they are going to replace him with anything that is better... I just don't think anybody is that much better than Pete... replacing Pete at this point would be foolish IMO but i do under stand where you guys are coming from with wanting a SB... i feel the same way I want a SB as well...I just don't think blowing up the organization is the fastest way to get there I think doing this is taking a 50/50 chance...

People like to label me a blind optimist... this is not the case i have very specific, logical reasons why I believe what I believe... its not like I'm pulling flowers out my a$$... you watch and see the Hawks pull out of this... then, if they don't fine give me some crap but just because I see what most don't see doesn't make me a blind optimist ...It just makes me different than everybody else...

LTH

Beren

Reaction score
:lol: :lol:

People waiting until we are mathematically eliminated before admitting we're not getting a ring this year.

Even if we squeak into the playoffs, it will be an embarrassing loss I have no doubt

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":1c1n06x1 said:
Sgt. Largent":1c1n06x1 said:
LTH":1c1n06x1 said:

LTH

I don't think Pete is in infallible... I don't think Pete hasn't made mistakes... I just don't think they are going to replace him with anything that is better... I just don't think anybody is that much better than Pete... replacing Pete at this point would be foolish IMO but i do under stand where you guys are coming from with wanting a SB... i feel the same way I want a SB as well...I just don't think blowing up the organization is the fastest way to get there I think doing this is taking a 50/50 chance...

People like to label me a blind optimist... this is not the case i have very specific, logical reasons why I believe what I believe... its not like I'm pulling flowers out my a$$... you watch and see the Hawks pull out of this... then, if they don't fine give me some crap but just because I see what most don't see doesn't make me a blind optimist ...It just makes me different than everybody else...

LTH

So let me ask you a question. What do you have to see to finally jump off the I trust Pete bandwagon LTH?

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fyq5c7v said:
LTH":2fyq5c7v said:
Sgt. Largent":2fyq5c7v said:
LTH":2fyq5c7v said:

LTH

LTH

So let me ask you a question. What do you have to see to finally jump off the I trust Pete bandwagon LTH?

well... I would have to see a situation where Pete is no longer effective motivating the team...

truthfully I haven't really thought about it because with me he is not close to being fired in my mind... if the Hawks had a really horrible season this year I think it would be appropriate to start having the discussion but at this point it's not Pete's fault that Russ got hurt and I Really believe the Hawks would not be 3-5 if Russ was in there I would think they would be 5-3 or close to that...

It just boils down to expectations. sure everybody wants a SB... I get that.. I'm frustrated they haven't won a SB but what's realistic? what is the rest of the NFL doing in comparison? who are you going to replace Pete with? these are questions in my mind.... I'm really unsure of what's going on between Pete and Russ... I don't think anybody has a good idea of what's going on...If I had that information it would make things a lot clearer..

LTH

Latest posts