Seahawks VERY ALIVE in the Wild Card Race

chris98251

Reaction score
RiverDog":24w0bsef said:
LTH":24w0bsef said:
:pukeface: I get that the emotional loses are hard...It's going to be a hard fought game and I would rather Russ sit this one out and I'm hoping for a great defensive performance...I really believe this D can be special... we will see this is a great test...

LTH

I've never felt so down in my life from a sporting event as when we lost in SB 49.

Normally I would agree with Russell sitting out, but it would seem to me that the type of injury he sustained isn't very subject to re-injury. It was a fluke accident, one that I've never seen before in all my 50+ years of watching football. It's certainly not as risky as if it were some sort of muscle pull or joint injury. If he wants to play and the doctors give him the thumbs up, I'm good with it.

You have a lot more faith in our defense than I do, but that's neither here nor there. The Hawks have let me down so far this season and they are going to have to work to earn back my trust.

Two joints in the finger of his throwing hand and a break.

Very easy to hit that finger and hand again on a helmet falling and trying to support himself or falling and getting it stepped on. It may be healed for function, no way it is healed from having screws removed and for durability, he also had the tendon there get torn.

RiverDog

Reaction score
chris98251":3svsayhn said:

Very easy to hit that finger and hand again on a helmet falling and trying to support himself or falling and getting it stepped on. It may be healed for function, no way it is healed from having screws removed and for durability, he also had the tendon there get torn.

Yeah, maybe. I'm certainly not an expert. But given the position, re-injury of a finger doesn't seem near as likely as if he had a groin strain or a twisted ankle. But what do I know.

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":2wps1hpu said:
LTH":2wps1hpu said:
:pukeface: I get that the emotional loses are hard...It's going to be a hard fought game and I would rather Russ sit this one out and I'm hoping for a great defensive performance...I really believe this D can be special... we will see this is a great test...

LTH

I've never felt so down in my life from a sporting event as when we lost in SB 49.

Normally I would agree with Russell sitting out, but it would seem to me that the type of injury he sustained isn't very subject to re-injury. It was a fluke accident, one that I've never seen before in all my 50+ years of watching football. It's certainly not as risky as if it were some sort of muscle pull or joint injury. If he wants to play and the doctors give him the thumbs up, I'm good with it.

You have a lot more faith in our defense than I do, but that's neither here nor there. The Hawks have let me down so far this season and they are going to have to work to earn back my trust.

I do have faith in the D... there is way to much talent on this defense not to be a top 15 D..I just think they need to play together and that's happening now... we will see against the packers

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
RiverDog":rudo4wp1 said:
chris98251":rudo4wp1 said:

Yeah, maybe. I'm certainly not an expert. But given the position, re-injury of a finger doesn't seem near as likely as if he had a groin strain or a twisted ankle. But what do I know.

I know many don't pay attention after the play but if you watch QB's smacking hands on helmets happens frequently, many have dislocations they have popped back in place and then a tape job done, some can play some end up not, depends on how severe it is, lots of times you will see a QB shake there hand after a play even without a dislocation if they smack a helmet. They hit on the follow thru as a defender is coming in.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Also, the doctor that cleared him said it's the worst finger injury he has ever seen. It def. isn't just a basic break, rupture, or tear or whatever. But he also said he's never seen someone work as hard to get back.
It will be nerve wracking to watch on Sunday and hope he doesn't re-injure it. But, that's football.

toffee

Reaction score
If we win this weekend, we certainly will be back in the run for that wild card spot.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely. I'm sure Bills fans are still trying to figure out how they lost to a horrific Jags team.
Still gotta' play the games.