Russell Wilson meme thread

James in PA

Reaction score
I cannot wait until Carlton Banks gets benched by SP. That will be the final nail.

Seahawker

Reaction score
This is how I see it playing out-
The Seahawks emerge as serious playoff contenders in 23' and wind up drafting our probowl QBOTF with the 24' 3rd round pick acquired from Denver.
The Broncos end the 23' season at 7-10, Payton cuts Russ and he plays his final NFL season for the Commanders.

toffee

Reaction score
The Seahawks emerge as serious playoff contenders in 23' and wind up drafting our probowl QBOTF with the 24' 3rd round pick acquired from Denver.
The Broncos end the 23' season at 7-10, Payton cuts Russ and he plays his final NFL season for the Commanders.
Why dc

keasley45

Reaction score

I dont know that Russ will stick around to be viewed as a failure / journeyman. My personal belief is that hes had aspirations beyond football from day 1. People blame Ciara, but she's nothing more than HIS muse. She fits HIS plan and his desired image, not the other way around. He has business ventures and sees his brand as bigger than his football legacy. He will push his career to the degree his football fame feeds his post football goals. So, if this year is a continuation of last, and he bombs again I think he pulls the plug early and calls it due to injury. He can't afford to be viewed as a joke. It will tarnish sales of his perfume, clothes, or whatever else and impact others perception of him as he tries to build relationships in his pursuit of franchise ownership.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I cannot wait until Carlton Banks gets benched by SP. That will be the final nail.
Carlton will get an unconditional release
And then struggle with the Washington football team for a season then hang it up like Seahawker76 said.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Large
Seahawks fan coming in peace. Not here to trash RW or the team - just give our perspective - take form it what you want. Over Wilson's last 3-4 years his Social media presence became unbearable. he was RELENTLESSLY shilling personal products, his camps, his podcast - it was beyond what I have seen - and it was in perfect step with Wilson literally speaking about 'his brand' and 'his legacy' and it wore really thin with the fans. The last straw for a lot of fans was the payoff loss to the hates Lambs - AT HOME. Wilson looked un prepared and uninterested - this was the season 'let russ cook' got shutdown because he was throwing a ton of interceptions. As long as it wss all about him - he's good to go. He chases personal accolades while sucking up salary cap and performing horribly in the playoffs. His social media was obnoxious to say the least. As soon as the sh*t hit the fan in Denver and the Subway embarrassment, etal, his SM presence literally went from shilling his products to "jesus is great'. It was all calculated damage control - to protect the brand, the image. Seahawk fans saw through it a mile way - this was classic Wilson.

The good news for bronco fans is now you have a guy who is legit motivated - getting humbled like that should make him hungry again - I hope for your sake. Loved the dude when he was a hawk - but things like his SM presence led to his demise in Seattle - and his total lack of motivation outside of anything brand or legacy related - It was beyond unbearable. Wilson apologists never lived through that - guaranteed. Good luck this year - sincere

I wasnt the one to say it on milehighreport...

RiverDog

Reaction score
View attachment 59688
Seahawks fan coming in peace. Not here to trash RW or the team - just give our perspective - take form it what you want. Over Wilson's last 3-4 years his Social media presence became unbearable. he was RELENTLESSLY shilling personal products, his camps, his podcast - it was beyond what I have seen - and it was in perfect step with Wilson literally speaking about 'his brand' and 'his legacy' and it wore really thin with the fans. The last straw for a lot of fans was the payoff loss to the hates Lambs - AT HOME. Wilson looked un prepared and uninterested - this was the season 'let russ cook' got shutdown because he was throwing a ton of interceptions. As long as it wss all about him - he's good to go. He chases personal accolades while sucking up salary cap and performing horribly in the playoffs. His social media was obnoxious to say the least. As soon as the sh*t hit the fan in Denver and the Subway embarrassment, etal, his SM presence literally went from shilling his products to "jesus is great'. It was all calculated damage control - to protect the brand, the image. Seahawk fans saw through it a mile way - this was classic Wilson.

The good news for bronco fans is now you have a guy who is legit motivated - getting humbled like that should make him hungry again - I hope for your sake. Loved the dude when he was a hawk - but things like his SM presence led to his demise in Seattle - and his total lack of motivation outside of anything brand or legacy related - It was beyond unbearable. Wilson apologists never lived through that - guaranteed. Good luck this year - sincere

I wasnt the one to say it on milehighreport...
Those are good thoughts. Pure conjecture to be sure, but it's a plausible explanation.

More so than his off-field concerns, IMO Russell's failings have been caused mostly to his inability to adjust his style of play to compensate for his advancing age. Back in 2021 before the trade, I did a little homework on Russell's time to throw vs. the age of those QB's that ranked lower. The next oldest ranked below Russell in time to throw was something like 6-7 years younger than Russell (Lamar Jackson maybe?) while older QB's like Brady and Rothlisberger were at or near the top. It's no coincidence that in 2022, Russell led the league in sacks taken and had one of the worst time to throw numbers.

In addition, he doesn't seem to be talking as deep of drops as he once did, and, in viewing the game in person from the upper levels of stadiums, he wasn't taking the short throws a few yards beyond the sticks and seemed to be looking to go deep as his first option. Defenses seem to have figured him out as edge rushers will take a little wider route in anticipation of his predictable reverse spin and he'd run into a sack.

If Russell were winning, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Winning cures all evils. People nominate you for President, buy your jerseys, and name their kids after you.

But Russell hasn't been winning. Over the past two seasons while playing for two separate teams and two different coaches, he's just 10-21 as a starter. Losing brings out the knives and poison darts. Everybody is an expert at figuring out what's wrong with you. And off field, nothing you say or do is right. Everything is gone over with a fine tooth comb with the worst possible spin being applied.

I do think that Russell can be 'fixed', but like a substance abuse addiction, the first step is recognition that he has a problem and has to make some fundamental changes to how he approaches the game. So we'll see. It will be one of the more interesting dramas to play out this season.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I guess Russ will just have to focus on his non-profit since it's the only business making him money now.

He doesn't need to work another day in his life, nor will his kids, nor their kids. In addition to his career earnings so far, he's still got a nine-digit number of dollars coming from the Broncos (that is, over a hundred million). He's still making plenty of money as a terrible NFL QB.

RiverDog

Reaction score
He doesn't need to work another day in his life, nor will his kids, nor their kids. In addition to his career earnings so far, he's still got a nine-digit number of dollars coming from the Broncos (that is, over a hundred million). He's still making plenty of money as a terrible NFL QB.
Yeah, quite a change from the days when the league MVP had to drive a beer truck in the offseason just to pay the bills. And people wonder why I refuse to buy jerseys with a player's name/number on them.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic, ffs.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
People...and sadly some fan bases seem to delight in "exposing" a Sport "celebrity" who dares to portray themselves as being "good" in word and reputation.

Piling on ...just never seems enough. Russell has lately come across being very awkward and quirky for many speculated reasons. His own "new" fans probably hate us more now than when we embarrassed their last "hero" Payton Manning in our easily won Superbowl following our 2013 season.

We readily gobble up "dirt" as part of our social media "training". Pointing out other's faults so publicly seems quite common...guess adults can set bad examples for children ...while comforting them from other children with bullying behavior. Surely my parents weren't the only parents who tried to advise us to be silent if we only had something bad to say about an individual...not meaning to throw shade on anyone if my comments seem offensive to even one poster.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
People...and sadly some fan bases seem to delight in "exposing" a Sport "celebrity" who dares to portray themselves as being "good" in word and reputation.

Piling on ...just never seems enough. Russell has lately come across being very awkward and quirky for many speculated reasons. His own "new" fans probably hate us more now than when we embarrassed their last "hero" Payton Manning in our easily won Superbowl following our 2013 season.

We readily gobble up "dirt" as part of our social media "training". Pointing out other's faults so publicly seems quite common...guess adults can set bad examples for children ...while comforting them from other children with bullying behavior. Surely my parents weren't the only parents who tried to advise us to be silent if we only had something bad to say about an individual...not meaning to throw shade on anyone if my comments seem offensive to even one poster.

Define ”good.”

Trying to get Pete and John fired? Or how bout telling his RB to call Payton after he, RW, blew the Christmas game?

The major Arizona Republic investigation that’s Raised 75 percent of funds for his Team 3 friends?

The class action suit against the church he’s on the board of accusing it of extorting payouts out of its own employees?

Even his wife and family stuff, is that “good”?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Define ”good.”

Trying to get Pete and John fired? Or how bout telling his RB to call Payton after he, RW, blew the Christmas game?

The major Arizona Republic investigation that’s Raised 75 percent of funds for his Team 3 friends?

The class action suit against the church he’s on the board of accusing it of extorting payouts out of its own employees?

I don't disagree with anything you've said. However, as far as Russell goes personally, there's a lot worse citizens out there, including current and former Hawks like Beast, Frank Clark, and Geno Smith.

Sometimes we have to keep things in perspective.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Define ”good.”

Good is only defined by the individual themself who knows the motivation...it's judgement that comes from the outside...even major crimes try to link motive with opportunity. There are social "norms" that bear expectations. Do we claim to know...or even a higher standard ...do we understand motivations which often border on the personal level?

Investigations are proper and necessary because we still live in a country expecting charitable organizations to be above board...it's called public trust. Investigations that haven't been completed used to bear a burden of presumed innocence until guilt is proven. I don't follow the media rumour mill so if his involvement has risen above speculation I'm offering an ignorant "slant".

You do call out a slew of responses...has Jody confirmed any insight to what would clearly be a breach of trust between player and owner? Is there anger for Pete seeming to accept the high road?

As for the Christmas game of reference...it's well known that a Coach then his QB will accept or forcefully be shouldered by public opinion with the responsibility of blame for any given loss...even though winning and losing in the NFL is a team effort/reflection. Blame is usually handled "in house" unless player or players vent to the press.

Whenever I have used "good" that's a perception from outside sources...not any condoning approval of a subject I do not know the merits of. Opinions stated as fact should fall under scrutiny. I'm just saddened by attack/attack/attack on behalf of something I have no personal involvement with...so I choose not to happily jump aboard.

I find no glee or sense of righteous judgement when someone actually does wrong. Do we presume what is right when it concerns how a man and woman who have a personal (and believed private) relationship ...their children are not wards of the state...where are you trying to take this?

Hawkmode

Reaction score
I don't disagree with anything you've said. However, as far as Russell goes personally, there's a lot worse citizens out there, including current and former Hawks like Beast, Frank Clark, and Geno Smith.

Sometimes we have to keep things in perspective.
Guess its open season on character assassination? Surely you can offer up a few more names?? I guess its ok to view right and wrong in the lens of "there are worse" ?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Those are good thoughts. Pure conjecture to be sure, but it's a plausible explanation.

More so than his off-field concerns, IMO Russell's failings have been caused mostly to his inability to adjust his style of play to compensate for his advancing age. Back in 2021 before the trade, I did a little homework on Russell's time to throw vs. the age of those QB's that ranked lower. The next oldest ranked below Russell in time to throw was something like 6-7 years younger than Russell (Lamar Jackson maybe?) while older QB's like Brady and Rothlisberger were at or near the top. It's no coincidence that in 2022, Russell led the league in sacks taken and had one of the worst time to throw numbers.

In addition, he doesn't seem to be talking as deep of drops as he once did, and, in viewing the game in person from the upper levels of stadiums, he wasn't taking the short throws a few yards beyond the sticks and seemed to be looking to go deep as his first option. Defenses seem to have figured him out as edge rushers will take a little wider route in anticipation of his predictable reverse spin and he'd run into a sack.

If Russell were winning, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Winning cures all evils. People nominate you for President, buy your jerseys, and name their kids after you.

But Russell hasn't been winning. Over the past two seasons while playing for two separate teams and two different coaches, he's just 10-21 as a starter. Losing brings out the knives and poison darts. Everybody is an expert at figuring out what's wrong with you. And off field, nothing you say or do is right. Everything is gone over with a fine tooth comb with the worst possible spin being applied.

I do think that Russell can be 'fixed', but like a substance abuse addiction, the first step is recognition that he has a problem and has to make some fundamental changes to how he approaches the game. So we'll see. It will be one of the more interesting dramas to play out this season.
I can't agree simply because he has had years to change and besides declining speed,
less mobility and weaker arm nothing has changed.
He lost a few pounds this off season which is good and he may actually be quicker for a
bit,have few good games early BUT father time favors none.
I think he will gain weight as season goes just like he did here and I also think his avoiding
injuries is over as he no longer has the legs of a spring chicken.
As you say we'll see.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Guess its open season on character assassination? Surely you can offer up a few more names?? I guess its ok to view right and wrong in the lens of "there are worse" ?
It's a subjective because what's right or wrong measure can be based on the view of each individual. For example, hungry people can legally steal food in Italy - https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...le-can-legally-steal-food-italian-court-rules.

Back to the topic, some of the things Doug Baldwin, Richard Sherman, or Michael Bennett did while they were still a Seahawk could also be in the category of "bad" but they are excused because people view them as "good" teammates. Are they really good teammates if they are complaining about another teammate? Does a good teammate take naps or drown out the head coach during meetings because they have heard it before? Bennett didn't deny doing that. Bennett would consistently jump offsides. Maybe he should have focused and paid attention better. What was Sherman doing to help RW be better? Calling him out publicly makes him a good person or a good teammate? Russell Wilson is no saint but it's not like those taking shots at him are any better either.

Brandon Browner, Chad Wheeler, and Earl Thomas have done much worse things off the field than Russell Wilson has ever done.

Last edited:

Latest posts