Russell Wilson meme thread

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

Not a meme, just funny to watch the Denver boards hop through the same denial hoops .net went through in trying to defend Russ. Now, theres an entire thread dedicated to asking fans to 'pick a side' (for him or against him), insinuating the 'negative, anti-Russ' camp is motivated by racism.

SMH...
This entertains me.

keasley45

Reaction score

This dude. Where's the video of him on the white board, diagnosing coverages, analyzing plays, perfecting the craft of real qb'ing?? Until that happens...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There's a scene in the movie Contact where there's a dude loving all the attention on camera and one of the viewers says "Back home that's what we call an overcooked ham."

Russ is an overcooked ham times 50.

bileever

Reaction score
Mark Schlereth is concerned about Russ's latest workout video:

NoGain

Reaction score
Mark Schlereth is concerned about Russ's latest workout video:

Toxic positivity. That made me laugh. This guy pretty much summed up what it is about RW that both annoys and amuses people so much they've made the mockery of him a creative sport. The narcissism, endless self-promotion, tone-deafness, lack of self-awareness, toxic positivity, conspicuous displays of humility and self sacrifice, all behind a cheesy smile wanting to make you think he's in possession of some special insight and guided by some higher calling beyond the grasp of mere mortals like us.

What a strange little sort he is.

keasley45

Reaction score
Toxic positivity. That made me laugh. This guy pretty much summed up what it is about RW that both annoys and amuses people so much they've made the mockery of him a creative sport. The narcissism, endless self-promotion, tone-deafness, lack of self-awareness, toxic positivity, conspicuous displays of humility and self sacrifice, all behind a cheesy smile wanting to make you think he's in possession of some special insight and guided by some higher calling beyond the grasp of mere mortals like us.

Yup. Start listening at 10:30. It's his issue now, and was the issue in 2014 that derailed a legacy team. The dude can't or won't see his flaws and address them.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Well put.

keasley45

Reaction score

toffee

Reaction score
Wilson in best condition and yet out performed by Stidham? Really?

Amidst the dry period of the NFL offseason, recent rumors have circulated regarding both Denver Broncos QBs Jarrett Stidham and Russell Wilson and their performances during the team's OTAs and minicamp. Weeks later, speculation surfaced around the two quarterbacks claiming that backup QB Jarrett Stidham has "outperformed" Russell Wilson and "impressed" new head coach Sean Payton.

Payton is not married to Russell Wilson. That major contract didn’t come under his watch. Russ will start but that leash will be very short. Can he make it to the week 9 BYE week?

There was a reason why one of the first moves Payton did this offseason was to secure a capable… https://t.co/PFCZYK48UZ
— Babz (@BabzOnTheMic) June 25, 2023

Torc

Reaction score
I think someone may be trying to light a fire under Russ. He hasn't had to worry about competition since his rookie preseason. Team3 has had the chance to control the narrative the past several seasons, but I think that Payton is better at working the media than Pete is.

keasley45

Reaction score
I think someone may be trying to light a fire under Russ. He hasn't had to worry about competition since his rookie preseason. Team3 has had the chance to control the narrative the past several seasons, but I think that Payton is better at working the media than Pete is.

Wilson in best condition and yet out performed by Stidham? Really?

Amidst the dry period of the NFL offseason, recent rumors have circulated regarding both Denver Broncos QBs Jarrett Stidham and Russell Wilson and their performances during the team's OTAs and minicamp. Weeks later, speculation surfaced around the two quarterbacks claiming that backup QB Jarrett Stidham has "outperformed" Russell Wilson and "impressed" new head coach Sean Payton.

I've said it a few times. Russ won't finish the season as the starter. And him not getting that spot back won't be a result of injury.

toffee

Reaction score
Wilson isn't that much older than Geno but he has used all of his shelf life?