Russ was Bronco's plan B???

toffee

Reaction score
Not sure this article was fact based on just speculation?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... lan-a/amp/

I still think that Pete and John preferred not to trade Russ, as that adds to their own job security And if they must, Commanders' offer was better. But after Russ explored opportunities, he found Denver, with his no trade clause, he vetoed the commanders.

I am of the opinion that they should have traded Russ last off season, and I advocated for it. They could have gotten four first rounders. For not trading Russ last off season, Pete and John made an error and needs to be accountable for it.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
toffee":2k79zcoh said:

I still think that Pete and John preferred not to trade Russ, as that adds to their own job security And if they must, Commanders' offer was better. But after Russ explored opportunities, he found Denver, with his no trade clause, he vetoed the commanders.

I am of the opinion that they should have traded Russ last off season, and I advocated for it. They could have gotten four first rounders. For not trading Russ last off season, Pete and John made an error and needs to be accountable for it.

INteresting since the experts all said they had been talking about this deal for over 2 weeks and that Denver never talked to GB about Rodgers. As to the rest well that is one opinion. Given you, and others were talking about how they wanted to trade Wilson last year to the bears your opinion does not ring right.

That said we will never know for sure.

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":2v02zv6t said:

I agree... I don't think they wanted to trade Russ period. but if it is true that Russ wanted out they did the right thing by dealing him. I would have liked to have seen them get another first but that didn't happen and i just think we have to reserve judgement on the trade until we see what the Hawks do with it. Clearly you don't make this move unless you have a plan... lets see how the plan plays out..

lTH

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Firstly, You don’t know what offers were floated for Russell last season.

Secondly You have the benefit of hindsight since no one could know Russ would break his finger, Carson would go down, Adams would go down, Blair would go down, Brown would go down, Dee would go down, etc.

To win, you have to have injury luck and a good team.

In hindsight trading Russ last season likely would have been a better call. But that’s purely with the benefit of the retrospectoscope.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":haui8z6v said:
toffee":haui8z6v said:

I agree... I don't think they wanted to trade Russ period. but if it is true that Russ wanted out they did the right thing by dealing him. I would have liked to have seen them get another first but that didn't happen and i just think we have to reserve judgement on the trade until we see what the Hawks do with it. Clearly you don't make this move unless you have a plan... lets see how the plan plays out..

lTH

My opinion defer from yours ITH, I don't think Pete and John had a solid plan as they were pushed into trading. They were reactionary, which could be problematic. After Russ picked four destinations, meaning he wanted out, one of which Bear offered and Pete refused; that was I wanted out #1. This time around, Russ again announced he's exploring opportunities, ie he wanted OUT, that was I wanted out #2. We 12s have to hope that Pete and John has a plan, but sounded like they were pushed into decisions, and they have no plan.