Hit reset, trade Russ.

LTH

Reaction score
Natethegreat":25lrwjmj said:
LTH":25lrwjmj said:
Aircrew":25lrwjmj said:
So I watched the 2nd half last night and it played out, minus the Russ injury, as I expected. As a casual observer of Seattle for the last 3 years, after having been a diehard for 30+ years prior to that, it's clear to me that there's a big white elephant in the room. What we didn't know in the week 2 loss against the Titans was that the Seahawks, as we've known them under Pete/Jon, are done. They are off, the vibe is different. And if I am Jon Schneider, I move Russell Wilson before the trade deadline on November 2nd, and I do it quietly. If you want to trace all of this back to where it went off the rails, it was after last season when Russ went public with his grievances. Sure, much of what Russ had to say had merit, but the manner in which he went about it was really bad PR for a franchise QB with his persona. And, as a result, I think he lost Pete and the locker room when he did it.
It's time for a divorce. Russell already filed, now the papers need to be served. Trade him and hit reset, this season was over before it started.

Im unsure why people think Pete lost the locker room? this is a VERY stable locker room... what indication has ANYONE given that there is turbulence in the locker room?

LTH
Not sure if he has lost the locker room but there have been some comments from players on D expressing frutration that seemed aimed toward coaches/scheme.

Like what?

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":v24flzlp said:
Im unsure why people think Pete lost the locker room? this is a VERY stable locker room... what indication has ANYONE given that there is turbulence in the locker room?

LTH

Statements from our DB's two weeks ago complaining about our scheme:

The Seattle Seahawks sustained their second straight loss and the team’s secondary is under a lot of scrutiny after allowing Kirk Cousins to complete 30-of-38 passes for 323 yards and three touchdowns. After the team’s second straight loss, Seahawks starting cornerback D.J. Reed did not hold back, noting the Vikings “schemed our a** up.”

It was a not-so-subtle shot at the Seahawks coaching staff, implying the defense was not prepared for their Week 3 matchup. The News Tribune’s Gregg Bell reported the majority of Seahawks veterans declined to speak to reporters on their way out of U.S. Bank Stadium, with the exception of Reed and Tre Flowers.

“D.J. Reed on the Seahawks’ defensive issues: ‘They schemed our a** up.’ Translation: their coaches put them in position to beat Seattle’s defense,” Henderson tweeted.

https://heavy.com/sports/seattle-seahaw ... n-carroll/

I'm not saying that Pete has lost the locker room, but the above is evidence that not all is unicorns and rainbows.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
LTH":2eu94zlr said:
Aircrew":2eu94zlr said:
So I watched the 2nd half last night and it played out, minus the Russ injury, as I expected. As a casual observer of Seattle for the last 3 years, after having been a diehard for 30+ years prior to that, it's clear to me that there's a big white elephant in the room. What we didn't know in the week 2 loss against the Titans was that the Seahawks, as we've known them under Pete/Jon, are done. They are off, the vibe is different. And if I am Jon Schneider, I move Russell Wilson before the trade deadline on November 2nd, and I do it quietly. If you want to trace all of this back to where it went off the rails, it was after last season when Russ went public with his grievances. Sure, much of what Russ had to say had merit, but the manner in which he went about it was really bad PR for a franchise QB with his persona. And, as a result, I think he lost Pete and the locker room when he did it.
It's time for a divorce. Russell already filed, now the papers need to be served. Trade him and hit reset, this season was over before it started.

LTH

One person's imagination.

nanomoz

Reaction score
And let Pete build another team?

No thanks. I love Pete, I'm grateful for the success he brought to the franchise. But, no. Except when playing poor QBs, this defense has sucked for years. And that's supposed to be his strength.

At this point, it seems like there's a lot more evidence of a nepotistic and sycophantic culture than there is of an accountability structure for the people at the top.

Pete's annoyed responses at actually tough question in press conferences (like the one from Millen last week about the blown coverage) affirms a lot of these suspicions.

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":2ep970hi said:
LTH":2ep970hi said:

LTH

Statements from our DB's two weeks ago complaining about our scheme:

The Seattle Seahawks sustained their second straight loss and the team’s secondary is under a lot of scrutiny after allowing Kirk Cousins to complete 30-of-38 passes for 323 yards and three touchdowns. After the team’s second straight loss, Seahawks starting cornerback D.J. Reed did not hold back, noting the Vikings “schemed our a** up.”

It was a not-so-subtle shot at the Seahawks coaching staff, implying the defense was not prepared for their Week 3 matchup. The News Tribune’s Gregg Bell reported the majority of Seahawks veterans declined to speak to reporters on their way out of U.S. Bank Stadium, with the exception of Reed and Tre Flowers.

“D.J. Reed on the Seahawks’ defensive issues: ‘They schemed our a** up.’ Translation: their coaches put them in position to beat Seattle’s defense,” Henderson tweeted.

https://heavy.com/sports/seattle-seahaw ... n-carroll/

I'm not saying that Pete has lost the locker room, but the above is evidence that not all is unicorns and rainbows.

I'm sure there is frustration but was Henderson's tweet his opinion because I take it differently... I take it as the Vikes did a great job of scheming the D and i don't see anything that says our coaches suck...but thats just how I see it I think the article makes assumptions..

LTH

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Diggs expressed frustration as well as Flowers. There have been multiple comments. People can have varying opinions but it seems some frustration with coaching is leaking out at this point.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Natethegreat":21krgslr said:
Diggs expressed frustration as well as Flowers. There have been multiple comments. People can have varying opinions but it seems some frustration with coaching is leaking out at this point.

This is child's play compared to the old days of Bennett reading books and napping during Pete's talks, Lynch and Thomas flipping the bird during games and Sherman exploding threatening reporters and his own teammates and coaches on the sidelines.

Not saying we aren't getting closer and closer to these types of dissent as the losses mount.

But to say Pete has lost the locker room is just flat out not true....................yet.

flv

Reaction score
I don't see Wilson agreeing to any trade during the season. He'll want to examine all the ins and outs before giving his consent. That would take time. He insisted on the trade-block clause, (presumably in return for less money), specifically to prevent this scenario.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12tju1f5 said:
Natethegreat":12tju1f5 said:

This is child's play compared to the old days of Bennett reading books and napping during Pete's talks, Lynch and Thomas flipping the bird during games and Sherman exploding threatening reporters and his own teammates and coaches on the sidelines.

Not saying we aren't getting closer and closer to these types of dissent as the losses mount.

But to say Pete has lost the locker room is just flat out not true....................yet.
I agree, I just think as the losses mount and the D continues to get torched its possible it self destructs at some point.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
flv":1j1vmjk6 said:
I don't see Wilson agreeing to any trade during the season. He'll want to examine all the ins and outs before giving his consent. That would take time. He insisted on the trade-block clause, (presumably in return for less money), specifically to prevent this scenario.

What team's trading away 2-3 first round picks now for a QB with a finger that just exploded on TNF and will take 6-8 weeks to heal.

Off seasons are when you trade players of Russell's caliber. Can't believe I'm even typing this, but here we are.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
flv":14k9gwaw said:
Trade deadline is only a few weeks away it ain't happening this season but more like this coming offseason. This is a business and it doesn't make business sense to keep Russ around given the current state of the team......Unless you don't give a hoot about having a balanced roster and freeing up cap for free agency. The defense is woefully bad and Bobby and Jamal are expensive.

flv

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":sr59yssh said:
What team's trading away 2-3 first round picks now for a QB with a finger that just exploded on TNF and will take 6-8 weeks to heal.

Off seasons are when you trade players of Russell's caliber. Can't believe I'm even typing this, but here we are.
I agree with you. No-one wants a player that can't play. Even if they did Wilson would be better off saying no and waiting until the off-season.

chris98251

Reaction score
flv":1srwj52o said:

Say your hiring Mike Ditka or Jeff Fisher, there is no doors he won't run through to get out of the building.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
For those talking about Wilson not wanting to stick around for a rebuild. I would like to point out this isn't baseball. Rebuilds can take one offseason to get done in the NFL. ESPECIALLY when you already have the QB you need to win.
The idea this would be some years long process isn't what we are seeing today in the NFL. This roster is not devoid of talent. On offense or defense.
It is poorly constructed in where they are spending their cap space though. Especially on defense. the good news is that can be fixed pretty quickly.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Man these place is filled with quitters.

Apologize to the ones on this post who aren't.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If you trade Russ while Pete is still here, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":28nzbiah said:
We'll get a first rounder and a 3rd for Russ. A QB that has the apparently devastating flaws some say he has on here, is not worth 3 first rounders. Can't see over the middle, holds the ball for 5 seconds, never throws short and intermediate, yadda yadda.

I'm all for blowing it up. Sometimes, you're married to someone for a long time and things get stale. Or, you take all the great things that person does for granted because they make it look easy. That is where we are with Russ. I'm not, but seems like that's where 50% of the fanbase is, and where Pete is. :2thumbs:

Thank Gawd he holds onto if for 5 seconds because he is often sacked in 3. Don’t need to add in a fumble with every sack.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Our window has been closed shut . I think a trade with the Saints would be the only way moving forward. The wheels have fallen off this era . Shame looking back it’s very clear as for chasing a championship Pete blew it by being overly optimistic about everything and not embracing the negatives and learning from them. Living in an echo chamber can do that to people

chris98251

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2iecrv66 said:
Man these place is filled with quitters.

Apologize to the ones on this post who aren't.

Wife comes home late week after week and has the smell of mans cologne,

it's all good she is just in a meeting all those nights.

Wife comes home the next few weeks wearing different clothes then when she left.

Must have spilt something on herself at work.

Wife comes home with a new piece of jewelry, new cloths

Oh wife must have got a bonus

Wife doesn't come home a few nights in a row for a few weeks

Oh she has out of town work now

Phone calls from people you don't know start happening and they are a male asking for her and she leaves shortly after

She is doing work from home and needs to attend to business.

Good thing nobody's a quitter I guess, the signs are there, it's not quitting it changing the situation.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It’s easier to get 15 new guys to surround Russ with, then it is to find a QB.