Russ highly visible during the Superbowl

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Chapow":3dhae5c1 said:
toffee":3dhae5c1 said:
Tokadub":3dhae5c1 said:
That was the 2nd Super Bowl with a shot with Wilson sitting next to Roger Goodell.

I wouldn't characterize this interaction as a positive thing for the Seahawks organization.

It seems to me that Wilson wants to have some kind of executive position in the NFL like #2 behind Goodell in their hierarchy.

I mean maybe Wilson just wants to talk to Goodell because he is genuinely interested in the future of the NFL?

But I donno... it seems more likely Wilson is talking to Goodell to try to secure some kind of future arrangement...

That would explain why Goodell never even makes eye contact and his body language would illustrate he wants Wilson to back off.

Roger was giggling like a little kid, he was so in awe of Mr. and Mrs. Wilson. Russ is a gentleman, otherwise, if he would to shout: roll, Roger might just do that on the floor. As is, Russ is showing the league especially Jody that he wants to own a franchise and Roger will do whatever he could to help.

He'll never be able to afford to buy an NFL franchise. He would have to be a billionaire. According to Forbes, the least valuable NFL franchise is worth over $2 billion, the most valuable is worth over $5 billion, and the average franchise value in the NFL is over $3 billion.

Most sources estimate Russell Wilsons net worth at about $135 million, and Ciara's at about $20 million. He's done incredibly well for himself, but even so, owning an NFL franchise is far out of reach for Russ.
He could easily be a part owner, which is what he hinted at in his wishful thinking.

Some folks will complain about anything, because that is what they do instead of trying to actually improve themselves.

Rat

Reaction score
He can be a part owner the way Patrick Mahomes is part owner of the Kansas City Royals, but I just dont see any way he gets enough to actually make any team decisions or have anything resembling control. If he's just looking at it as an investment, good for him if that's what he wants. If he actually wants to be in charge of anything, he could probably become a GM or team president ala John Elway. He's smart enough for it.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Considering that none of us know how Russ is invested there is no way of knowing how wealthy he could end up. Millionaires can literally go from millionaire to billionaire overnight. Definitely a long shot but he wouldn’t be the first player to get into ownership. There have been several instances that I’ve read about where an owner came from nothing to build their wealth. Russ has a healthy head start from “nothing”.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There are players all over the league working on their future, their brand, their whatever you want to call it. Big deal. Players have been doing this for decades. But for some reason, it's not ok for Russ.
Suck it up and get over it. He is who he is, if it annoys you 24/7, that says a lot more about you than it does him.
He's a different cat, big deal. He doesn't owe those who hate him a single thing.

Rent Free

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":191q8how said:
There are players all over the league working on their future, their brand, their whatever you want to call it. Big deal. Players have been doing this for decades. But for some reason, it's not ok for Russ.
Suck it up and get over it. He is who he is, if it annoys you 24/7, that says a lot more about you than it does him.
He's a different cat, big deal. He doesn't owe those who hate him a single thing.

Rent Free

OMG there is seriously nobody doing what you're saying. If you mean me, then please explain to me (which is pointless because you dont ever have a supporting argument for anything), how someone with a net worth of $135 million is going to get a controlling share of a team when the cheapest of the teams are still valued at $2 BILLION. That's less than 7% of the way there. If it was so easy, how come there are no former players involved in the ownership of any team.

God, I didn't say I was annoyed by it. I don't give a crap if he wants to cozy up to Goodell, it's life, he can do whatever he wants. I support that.

Rat

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":3mb6vp57 said:
Considering that none of us know how Russ is invested there is no way of knowing how wealthy he could end up. Millionaires can literally go from millionaire to billionaire overnight. Definitely a long shot but he wouldn’t be the first player to get into ownership. There have been several instances that I’ve read about where an owner came from nothing to build their wealth. Russ has a healthy head start from “nothing”.

Do you have a single example of a former athlete going from millionaire to billionaire "overnight"? There are only a handful of former athletes even worth $1 billion, led by Michael Jordan at $1.9 billion. The others are three golfers, two soccer players, Michael Schumacher, and Lebron.

It's awesome he has goals, I'm just saying if he wants to own a team, he's going to have to become the CEO of a major company or something like that. I believe Roger Staubach got insanely rich in real estate, maybe he should talk to him.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Rat":2oi67rcc said:
Flyingsquad23":2oi67rcc said:

Do you have a single example of a former athlete going from millionaire to billionaire "overnight"? There are only a handful of former athletes even worth $1 billion, led by Michael Jordan at $1.9 billion. The others are three golfers, two soccer players, Michael Schumacher, and Lebron.

It's awesome he has goals, I'm just saying if he wants to own a team, he's going to have to become the CEO of a major company or something like that. I believe Roger Staubach got insanely rich in real estate, maybe he should talk to him.

I can’t give you an example of an athlete doing it but a report by Forbes claims 493 people became billionaires in 2021.

They say it takes money to make money and Russ has that.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Hell if he took his last contract in bitcoin he would’ve had the money last October.

Rat

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1ohzm9rm said:
Rat":1ohzm9rm said:
Flyingsquad23":1ohzm9rm said:

I can’t give you an example of an athlete doing it but a report by Forbes claims 493 people became billionaires in 2021.

They say it takes money to make money and Russ has that.

I have a hard time seeing it, but Russ has made a career of exceeding expectations and doing things that hadn't been done. Maybe he can be the exception again.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2jqu6m5k said:

Rent Free

1) No one said Russ can't look out for his own future nor does any other athlete (or person in general) not do these things.

That being said:

Let's remember what a forum is..

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/

1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

- RW has the absolute right to do what he wants and protect/grow his future, why shouldn't he? he also doesn't give a **** what anyone else thinks about it (why should he)

- People here also have the absolute right to free speech and their own thoughts on things. So maybe you need to suck it up and get over it.

- The QB is the face of the team and largely contributes to the success/failure of a team, ALL of us fans here want to see our favorite team succeed. I think we all share this same sentiment no matter how different we view certain things.

- There are some of us that just wish we had a QB who seemed (at least publicly) more dedicated to the game because that's what the true greats appear to be focused on (TB, Manning, etc.) And then there's RW who is great but he certainly has seemed to be more focused on his brand/empire than actually being great. Now whether or not this truly has any impact on his game or the locker room is completely debatable which we're doing here.

Does anyone here or on the Seahawks owe the fans anything? No.

Does having certain criticisms on people suddenly make you their biggest "hater"? No.

You may need to re-define your definition of a "hater" because a hater is someone who just flat out hates you mostly out of jealousy, and wishes you bad fortune. When in reality it's safe to assume everyone in this forum loves this team and its QB and wants success. But it doesn't mean they have to love EVERYTHING about them otherwise they're a hater.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Now I've heard it all. Russ isn't dedicated to the game. Because Lord Brady and Peyton Manning NEVER did anything outside of football. Just wow.
I give up, just literally is not even worth discussing anything Russ related.

Congrats, you officially have turned me off to talking about our QB. :irishdrinkers:

rcaido

Reaction score
Some people are just good at maximizing their time in a day. Wilson has always been known for his work ethics....Not sure what the big deal is w him next to the Commissioner. Maybe we can get games steered our way next season.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30akcia3 said:
Now I've heard it all. Russ isn't dedicated to the game. Because Lord Brady and Peyton Manning NEVER did anything outside of football. Just wow.

Congrats, you officially have turned me off to talking about our QB. :irishdrinkers:

THIS^^^^

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":drk2g7qe said:

You remind me of those girls in parties who walk up to a group of people who are passionately talking about something dumb or not. And then as soon as you hear your triggers, put your fingers in your ears and screams "OMG WHO THE **** CARES!!! You're all idiots" and then storms off and then proceeds to talk to as many other people as possible pointing to the group "OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE THOSE PEOPLE!!!". And then everyone else turns and goes...alright no one asked you anyway.

Latest posts