Russ Broke My Heart

W

Welshers

Guys I am going to be honest here and make a confession. I had a breakdown today. I miss Russell Wilson and I miss him being a Seahawk. He was one of the most important Seahawks of all time and I can't take away the hurt. This Russell thing has been weighing at my heart every day since he stabbed us in the back. Honestly I would say this hurt is as bad as when I caught my first wife cheating with the babysitter.

I was so depressed because of Russ when I got home today my wife thought someone died. I told her I was mourning Russ and she got really mad at me being upset over a football player. She told me I'm a immature child and that she hates football. I tried to tell her that we won a SB with Russ but she laughed at me and told me to grow up. That just made it all hurt worse.

It just stings guys. I've been taking out my anger on Russell by posting here saying he sucks. I realize now that I'm like a spurned lover. Make no mistake, he will have a terrible year as I've predicted in the NFL forum. But it doesn't make me miss him any less.

I miss his cheesy pep talks. I miss the sight of him pumping up our guys on the sideline. I miss him scrambling and throwing incredible TDs. I miss him visiting the childrens hospital every weekend.

It's going to hurt so bad to see him come into our house wearing another jersey. After all the memories. I'm hurt guys. I'm really hurt. This really does feel like my first divorce.

Oh and before you rule nazis come in here to tell me this isn't Seahawk related: this thread is about one of the most important SEAHAWKS ever. and it is about me missing him being on the SEAHAWKS. yes I know he doesn't play here anymore but I wish he did.

Russell, you broke my heart buddy. You betrayed the city of Seattle. And you broke my heart.

strohmin

Reaction score
That superbowl team was stacked everywhere so it would be foolish to think Russell was the most important piece. We had crazy defensive talent and depth at almosy every position. Russ needed this team as much as we needed him. Then he became about his brand. He was a big part of why the offense was so inconsistent while never taking accountability. If he continues to play the same style in Denver, they will face the same problems the hawks faced for the past 5 or 6 years. Playing from shotgun for the long pass isnt going to work every game.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Guys I am going to be honest here and make a confession. I had a breakdown today. I miss Russell Wilson and I miss him being a Seahawk. He was one of the most important Seahawks of all time and I can't take away the hurt. This Russell thing has been weighing at my heart every day since he stabbed us in the back. Honestly I would say this hurt is as bad as when I caught my first wife cheating with the babysitter.

I was so depressed because of Russ when I got home today my wife thought someone died. I told her I was mourning Russ and she got really mad at me being upset over a football player. She told me I'm a immature child and that she hates football. I tried to tell her that we won a SB with Russ but she laughed at me and told me to grow up. That just made it all hurt worse.

It just stings guys. I've been taking out my anger on Russell by posting here saying he sucks. I realize now that I'm like a spurned lover. Make no mistake, he will have a terrible year as I've predicted in the NFL forum. But it doesn't make me miss him any less.

I miss his cheesy pep talks. I miss the sight of him pumping up our guys on the sideline. I miss him scrambling and throwing incredible TDs. I miss him visiting the childrens hospital every weekend.

It's going to hurt so bad to see him come into our house wearing another jersey. After all the memories. I'm hurt guys. I'm really hurt. This really does feel like my first divorce.

Oh and before you rule nazis come in here to tell me this isn't Seahawk related: this thread is about one of the most important SEAHAWKS ever. and it is about me missing him being on the SEAHAWKS. yes I know he doesn't play here anymore but I wish he did.

Russell, you broke my heart buddy. You betrayed the city of Seattle. And you broke my heart.

So, you gonna be super excited to see Bobby Wagner wearing Rams colors this season.

Cuz, he was the best Hawk player.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Welshers, I share your pain, and I had a breakdown over this too. Yes, tears. Tears of joy that Pete Carroll will be getting back to his original "business model" that brought the Hawks our first Lombardi and nearly a 2nd.

When Russ was a cheap date, he was so much easier to love. Then he demanded we choose between him and bringing in defensive talent to replenish the aging Legion of Boom. He promised just pay him and he'd make up the difference and we'd never miss them and we'd have a half-dozen Lombardis. He lied. Then he started flirting with other teams, and publicly suggesting that Pete had held him back.

After watching Drew Lock throw what seemed like 17 picks in his preseason showcase game, I confess some of those tears of joy turned into tears of regret.

Thankfully, decades ago, Pat Benatar gave us a song with specific instructions for the situation we'll face in Russell's return. So, keep a stiff upper lip, and follow Pat's instructions.

Jac

Reaction score
I can't wait until results (one way or the other) start getting posted. Wilson has gotten so much hype this offseason because of the dynamic...new QB-needy team, new offense (he's had many in Seattle even with Carroll meddling), etc. If he had stayed in Seattle, he would have been seen as an aging QB compared to the new guys.

Jac

Reaction score
I watched Tom Brady take the Bucs to a Super Bowl...and win. That being said, Warner's field vision, accuracy, and quick release were phenomenal. Skills that don't degrade with age in the same way as mobility-based QB'ing.

toffee

Reaction score

You sounded depressed, may be sessions of Sacrament of Penance with John63 will help?

BEFORE CONFESSION
Spend a few minutes before your confession: Pray for DangeRuss’s help and guidance; examine your conscience; remember any sins you have committed (write them down if it helps); pray for Russ’s forgiveness.

IN CONFESSION​

Begin by saying: “In the name of the DangeRuss, and of the Ciara, and let's ride. Amen.” Then add: “Bless me, DangeRuss, for I have sinned. Then tell him very briefly what your ‘state of life’ is, to help him understand your situation; e.g. “I am on dot net paling around with haters.

Now confess your sins. Be simple and straightforward. Just put into words what you have done wrong since you last went to confession. Don’t make excuses; but if it helps, say a little bit about what happened and why. When you have finished, say: “I am sorry for all these sins and the sins of my past life”.

John63 might then talk to you and give you some advice. He will give you a penance to do (a prayer or action that expresses your sorrow and your desire to put things right and live a new life).

John63 will then ask you to make an Act of Contrition. Say one you know, or use the following one: “O my Russ, because you are so good, I am very sorry that I have sinned against you; and I promise that with the help of your grace, I will not sin again. Amen.”

John63 then says the prayer of absolution, which is the moment when DangeRuss forgives your sins. He may add some other prayers as well.

sutz

Reaction score
If you really loved him, you'd remember that he visited the hospital on Tuesdays, not on the weekends. ;)

OP
OP
W

Welshers

If you really loved him, you'd remember that he visited the hospital on Tuesdays, not on the weekends. ;)
Sunday is a nfl players Friday! Monday and Tuesday are the weekends for them! Nice try sutz! Not nice!

King Dog

Reaction score
I miss Russ dropping back, ducking, spinning around a hundred times and then running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Sometimes this place is too much...OP reads like a terrible teenager's diary.

Advice, MAN up and listen to your wife. Wilson doesn't give a **** about you and he never will. Someone should give home boy a week off from posting so he can get his life together. This is just bizzare.

Ruminator

Reaction score
The time was perfect for him to move on, is all I feel about it. My main concern with the team today and going forward is Jody Allen, but not to the extent that I mangle my fingernails with my teeth all day.

Donn2390

Reaction score
The Russ persona was a facade, he was/is a con artist who said and did all of the right things in an attempt to sell his product. Slowly, as time passes, the real Russ has emerged, his Napoleon Complex has been exposed.
No coach, no front office, no one will tell him how to play the game, he is the smartest man in the room. Underneath is a me me man who was successful in hiding it until he couldn't any longer. In his mind, no one is as smart, nor as talented as he is. The coaches were an obstacle to his becoming king.
His early successes exacerbated the situation, he took on a God complex but was successful in hiding it from the masses, however many of his teammates saw through it years ago, those who were around him on a daily basis, and now the past truths are beginning to emerge.
As a qb for the Hawks, I continued to support him until the end. As a person, I gave up on him years ago once he stepped off the field. To me he became Mr. Hollywood and I had no interest in any of his off field activities. I attempt to ignore everything written about him and hope for his complete collapse with his new team. It may not happen, life will go on.
Ten years from now the Seahawks will still be playing football, Russ will not, he will be a footnote. Players, good and bad, come and go every day, everyone can be replaced.

BASF

Reaction score
I am sorry that you have gone through this. The truth is that football is simply entertainment. Having any of it as part of your identity including fandom is a mistake. Almost all of us have been where you are at, but have outgrown it. Do some soul searching, cuz in the end, none of those people on the field or in the offices should have a direct effect on your life. The Seahawks have made me laugh, cry and became a part of me over the years, but to allow it to effect your actual life needs to be something you overcome.

toffee

Reaction score
A lot of scorned lovers in here.
When I find myself in times of trouble
Brother John63 comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let's ride

And in my hour of darkness
he is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let's ride

Let us ride, let us ride