Report that Jody Allen not happy and very involved

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1szzlk7e said:
For the 736th time, why does it RARELY ever get talked about that the defense GAVE UP A 10 POINT LEAD IN THE 4TH QUARTER?????

That actually did happen, but somehow they always get a pass. As if they had NOTHING to do with that loss :?

Because the entire secondary was hampered by serious injuries and they played admirably enough for the Seahawks to win the game. Some want to degrade the defense while others are like "what more do you want given the circumstances".

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3nl3deem said:
SoulfishHawk":3nl3deem said:
For the 736th time, why does it RARELY ever get talked about that the defense GAVE UP A 10 POINT LEAD IN THE 4TH QUARTER?????

That actually did happen, but somehow they always get a pass. As if they had NOTHING to do with that loss :?

Because the entire secondary was hampered by serious injuries and they played admirably enough for the Seahawks to win the game. Some want to degrade the defense while others are like "what more do you want given the circumstances".
The POINT Soulfish was making, is that it was a TEAM loss.
The OFFENSE played good enough to win had the highly touted Defense not given up the 10-point cushion in the >4th< quarter.
The sword swings both ways pittpanthers. :roll:

TraderGary

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1lccb5vi said:
Maelstrom787":1lccb5vi said:
Chapow":1lccb5vi said:
TraderGary":1lccb5vi said:
2020 - Everyone wanted Partick Queen, but they go for Brooks instead, who shows signs of being a good player, but not at the same level as Queen who appears to be a perennial pro bowler if not all-pro.

Where on earth on you getting this idea?

Queen has had a few (very few) splash plays, but overall has not been very good, and certainly no where near pro bowl or all pro level. Brooks has been the better player so far and it isn't really very close.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/patrick-queen/57941

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jordyn-brooks/50851

Jordyn Brooks is also #4 in the NFL for total tackles. Patrick Queen isn't even in the top 50.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_ ... s/dir/desc

At this point, Brooks is a solid to good NFL starting LB, and Queen just isn't.

Patrick Queen is abysmal and was benched several times in 2020. He is one of the biggest coverage liabilities in the NFL, despite being quite puny for a linebacker.
Exactly. Pat Queen might be forced into early retirement by next year. He just sucks in every aspect and rides pine most of the time. Earth to McFly I mean TraderGary. Dude lost every ounce of credibility he had with one dumb post.

Well Arlos, if you want to say I lost all credibility by one ill-informed statement about a single player who I didn't do my homework on before posting, that's certainly your prerogative, but I promise you I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Regardless, the point of my original post on page 1 of this thread is still just as valid, and I stand by it 100% (except the Queen comment of course). The point being, anyone who would even consider defending the Hawks drafting in recent years, particularly our top picks, is either not being sincere, or is frankly delusional.

And again, I fully admit I was 100% wrong regarding my Queen vs Brooks comment. There's no saving face on that, and that's fine. It is what it is. But to be perfectly honest, as a diehard Seahawks fan, I'm more than happy to be wrong about that.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1542tc2g said:
pittpnthrs":1542tc2g said:
SoulfishHawk":1542tc2g said:

The OFFENSE played good enough to win had the highly touted Defense not given up the 10-point cushion in the >4th< quarter.

Again, the defense was riddled with injuries and held their own. They needed some help from the offense in the 4th and got none.

justafan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":124u6lxu said:
scutterhawk":124u6lxu said:
pittpnthrs":124u6lxu said:
SoulfishHawk":124u6lxu said:

Again, the defense was riddled with injuries and held their own. They needed some help from the offense in the 4th and got none.

We did have too many guys hurt. Going into the game I thought the Pats had the advantage but we beat them for 3 qtrs on both sides of the ball. The Pats owned both sides of the ball the whole 4th qtr. A total team loss if there ever was one. Blaming one guy is easier and less painful that admitting our whole team just got beat in the 4th qtr. Its not degrading anyone saying that, there is no shame in losing to the GOAT.

keasley45

Reaction score
Chapow":l7tkkjv7 said:
TraderGary":l7tkkjv7 said:
2020 - Everyone wanted Partick Queen, but they go for Brooks instead, who shows signs of being a good player, but not at the same level as Queen who appears to be a perennial pro bowler if not all-pro.

Where on earth on you getting this idea?

Queen has had a few (very few) splash plays, but overall has not been very good, and certainly no where near pro bowl or all pro level. Brooks has been the better player so far and it isn't really very close.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/patrick-queen/57941

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jordyn-brooks/50851

Jordyn Brooks is also #4 in the NFL for total tackles. Patrick Queen isn't even in the top 50.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_ ... s/dir/desc

At this point, Brooks is a solid to good NFL starting LB, and Queen just isn't.

This. My family are Ravens fans. I've had to watch every game this year and Brooks is hands down the better player. Queen makes a splash or two once a game and then is routinely avg to barely so, the rest of the game. Bad angles, poor tackles... questionable awareness.

keasley45

Reaction score
Fade":1pzjg11u said:
Yes, they do pretty well on day 3 when graded against the rest of the league where JS happens to have the most influence.

Day 1 and 2 Pete gets what he wants. That is where they suck at drafting.

Do you just make up garbage to suit your position?

If you want to put blame at his feet then at least have something verifiable.

Seems as though if there's something that goes wrong on the team, it's Pete's fault no matter what, in your opinion...

keasley45

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":xhwfveyc said:
scutterhawk":xhwfveyc said:
pittpnthrs":xhwfveyc said:
SoulfishHawk":xhwfveyc said:

The defense was playing with chancellor on a bum knee. Sherm with a busted elbow. Lost their starting DE and starting CB and if remember correctly, ET was hurt too.

And they held up better than enough to win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They STILL gave up a 10 point lead. Funny how people literally ignore that fact and/or just make excuses.
They lost as a team. Not sure why it's so hard to understand. The Defense AND that crap play call, and a crap attempt at a block by Kearse, AND a throw that wasn't right where it needed to be. All of that lost that game.
But we gotta' blame one play on a 60 minute football game. And everything is either on Russ or Pete, 24/7.
Imagine that, Tom Brady coming back in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Because that's never happens :?

jeremiah

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1uzfl0ax said:
olyfan63":1uzfl0ax said:
COACH PETE CARROLL & STAFF
1) Pete Carroll is overall the right guy to continue running the team, but some personnel decisions should be taken off his plate and/or require additional oversight

You lost me right there.

This team needs a YOUNG mind, a brilliant offensive mind, how about a certain O cordinator f rom NE, Josh whatshisname? He is tanned rested and ready to take over OC and Head Coach positions. Let him pick a Belichik type of clone for DC.

RiverDog

Reaction score
jeremiah":3bazn11f said:
pittpnthrs":3bazn11f said:
olyfan63":3bazn11f said:
1) Pete Carroll is overall the right guy to continue running the team, but some personnel decisions should be taken off his plate and/or require additional oversight

You lost me right there.

This team needs a YOUNG mind, a brilliant offensive mind, how about a certain O cordinator f rom NE, Josh whatshisname? He is tanned rested and ready to take over OC and Head Coach positions. Let him pick a Belichik type of clone for DC.

Not sure if I want someone as my head coach that once traded up in the first round to get Tim Tebow. We also owe Earl Thomas to his stupidity as he traded his first rounder to us in order to pick a player that was out of the league in 3 years.

Pass.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Seymour":2b7uutev said:
LTH":2b7uutev said:
RiverDog":2b7uutev said:
chris98251":2b7uutev said:
Don Coryell, Marty Schottenheimer, Chuck Knox were all winners that continually got to the playoffs, all were fired because they could not win even with a team of all pros, Pete is in that Category now, at least he won early so to speak.

I mostly agree. Pete's Super Bowl teams are 7 years in the past. He's coaching on a different plane now, produces good but not great teams.

One of the reasons I want to wait and see how it plays out is because I think working through adversity is even good for a coach. I noticed a much better team out there vs the Niners and just maybe the adversity and losing has lit a fire under Carroll no matter what the circumstances were or are...

The Niners came out and smacked the Hawks good in the 1st quarter... The Hawks came back and smacked them back when the could have just folded. Thats says something to me. I'm curious what happens the next game.

LTH

LOL, like he hasn't had that chance prior to this season?

How bout this for starters??

2PxHjcf

I still see that as a P.I. He clearly impeded the route of the receiver with the ball in the air. It was impossible to catch the ball as he was hit prior too the ball getting there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jeremiah":2ivaclyw said:
pittpnthrs":2ivaclyw said:
olyfan63":2ivaclyw said:

You lost me right there.

Belichick has one of the worst coaching tree success rates in NFL history.

Romeo Crennell
Matt Patricia
Bill O'Brien
Jim Schwartz
Eric Mangini
Josh McDaniels
Al Groh

Mike Vrabel, there's your one success story from Belichick's coaching tree. Not exactly a ringing endorsement hit rate for hiring another Belichick assistant.

jeremiah

Reaction score
RiverDog":1tulo6c8 said:
jeremiah":1tulo6c8 said:
pittpnthrs":1tulo6c8 said:
olyfan63":1tulo6c8 said:

You lost me right there.

Not sure if I want someone as my head coach that once traded up in the first round to get Tim Tebow. We also owe Earl Thomas to his stupidity as he traded his first rounder to us in order to pick a player that was out of the league in 3 years.

Pass.
The GM should be making the choices, the Coach should have input, but only say 25% say. Tebow was successful, making the playoffs in his first year. Elway came in and blew the team up, getting rid of Tim for spite. Tebow could have had a fine career with the Broncos. The team after him, was still fairly good, but the QB play after him WAS WORSE than it was with him.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20u9upao said:
They STILL gave up a 10 point lead. Funny how people literally ignore that fact and/or just make excuses.
They lost as a team. Not sure why it's so hard to understand. The Defense AND that crap play call, and a crap attempt at a block by Kearse, AND a throw that wasn't right where it needed to be. All of that lost that game.
But we gotta' blame one play on a 60 minute football game. And everything is either on Russ or Pete, 24/7.
Imagine that, Tom Brady coming back in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Because that's never happens :?

Yeah they gave up 10 points, but with the injuries, thats pretty darn acceptable. Again, they needed some help from the offense in the last quarter and got nothing. With those injuries, the team really had no business at all being in the game, but they played with their hearts on their sleeve and put them in a position to win the game. Those same defensive players didnt see it as a team loss. They were so bent out of shape that Carroll lost the locker room and they soon disbanded afterwards. Thats how much of a team loss that was.

Regardless of the 60 minute game, it came down to one play to decide who won and lost, and Pete and company called the worst play ever to lose it. Team hasent been right since.

Latest posts