Report that Jody Allen not happy and very involved

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Jody Allen hands out new contracts to Pete & JS like that without any consultation. Both those clowns played her for a real fool. Jody got what she deserves. Sell the team to someone who isn't ass hat owner.

RiverDog

Reaction score
hawksfansince90":34xip596 said:
Jody Allen hands out new contracts to Pete & JS like that without any consultation. Both those clowns played her for a real fool. Jody got what she deserves. Sell the team to someone who isn't ass hat owner.

I'm a pretty fair critic, but even I can't support that statement. How do you know that she handed out contracts w/o consultation?

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":2fnc3tfg said:
LTH":2fnc3tfg said:
RiverDog":2fnc3tfg said:
LTH":2fnc3tfg said:
I think at this point she should be not liking what she is seeing. I don't like what I'm seeing... so that part I understand. If this was happening without Wilson's injury thats one thing but the injury is the major part of the losing, I have a very hard time believing this team would be where it is without that injury. I understand that the team has other issues,( even with Wilson, reads ect.) and some people feel like the team isn't meeting expectations but Honestly NOBOBY thought this was going to happen at the beginning of the season not even Pitt.. I thought Wilson was physically immortal (exaggeration)...

LTH

I don't buy that at all. Russell hasn't played consistently well since the first half of last season, was horrible in our playoff game vs. the Rams, and was 2-3 as a starter this season BEFORE his injury. The injury hasn't helped matters, but there's A LOT more wrong with this team than Russell's finger.

Can't say I would gut this team. they went on a 3-game skid and People got really down on these guys. Maybe they won't make the play offs, maybe they will I don't know... but there was a lot to like tonight!

Not sure How many coaches could overcome all the injuries... the fact that Russ and Carson got Hurt. Looked to me like Russ hit his reads and his finger is getting better only a couple sailed on him. You can continue to believe this team is crap, but I thought they showed some real Heart tonight and yeah, it's one win... but this might be the win that turns this team unfortunately a bit to late we will see how the season plays out... a lot to be proud of tonight!!

LTH

I won't accept the injury excuse, not for a minute. Other teams have injuries, too. Very few teams go through the season without some significant injuries.

I was down on this team last season when we finished the year 12-4 and were division champs. We were/are a team built on a house of cards. We're a .500ish team, winning games we shouldn't have last season, losing games we shouldn't have this season. We're not a team that can compete for a SB, haven't been for 6 seasons.

Once we turn off life support later this month, I'll be the first in line to push down on the plunger.

To be honest with you i don't really care if you accept injurys as an excuse believe what you want. The fact is if a team loses its starting franchise QB for several games especially with the type of injury Wilson had, it's going to put a team in a hole unless your sf and your starting QB is Joe Montana backed up by Steve young... but that kind of depth never happens... AZ has had top 10-15 drafts for a long time they should have great depth... The Hawks have been drafting in the very bottom of the draft for 10 years...so their depth isn't going to be as good... but the bottom line is I'm happy Russ got it going tonight and again I'm wanting to see how the season plays out before I make any rash decisions and if JA was smart, she would do the same. but if you think the team is trash than of course your not going to see my position.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I would expect the ownership group to focus on the poor drafts in the first few picks of the last 5 years of drafts, where we are 4-5 impact players down from where we would be with good drafts.

I feel like the objective inside truth about Russell and Pete and their relationship and Russell's actual value around the league is only now starting to be discussed on this board. The football people I'm sure are giving Jody fairly accurate advice. Here is what I think the advice might be.

TEAM ISSUES
1) Seahawks have to draft better, evaluate better, get better value, in the first 2-3 rounds
2) Carroll regime draft approach for rounds 4-7 is fine, not broke, don't fix
3) Trades vs draft capital needs more oversight
4) Talent level of player personnel limits schemes

FRANCHISE QB
1) Russell has some great strengths to his game.
2) Russell also has serious holes in his game the rest of the league has figured out.
3) Russell is struggling to make adjustments and fix the holes.
4) Russell previously had a willingness problem at making needed adjustments.
5) The Seahawks could be successful with another QB, but it's a crapshoot risk.
6) The best course is to continue to work with Russell on making changes
7) Shane Waldron is the right guy for the job with Russell and we need to stick with him
8) The process of Russell adjusting his game, and getting on the same page with Waldron may look ugly, even fugly, at times
9) Success is not guaranteed in this endeavor
10) Russell takes up such a large part of the salary cap that Seahawks may be able to field a more competitive team by trading Russell for multiple draft picks, and finding a rookie-contract game manager QB and using cap on deeper overall roster talent; the SB48 formula
11) Russell will have more trade value, and more value to team, by helping him successfully make needed adjustments
12) Aside from a good pass-protecting Left Tackle, offensive line improvements should overall prioritize run blocking, as a strong running game helps Russell more than "better pass blocking" as Russell frequently runs out of pocket into sacks.

COACH PETE CARROLL & STAFF
1) Pete Carroll is overall the right guy to continue running the team, but some personnel decisions should be taken off his plate and/or require additional oversight
2) Carroll has historically had unique strengths in player development, player motivation, and team culture
3) With better talent acquisition, fewer screwups, Carroll's teams could more consistently win in playoffs
4) Carroll failings sometimes include being overly loyal to underperforming coordinators and coaches
5) A succession plan for Carroll's replacement from inside would be better than "Fire Pete!" and bring in new regime. The Bill Walsh -> George Seifert approach.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":2tdms85h said:
I won't accept the injury excuse, not for a minute. Other teams have injuries, too. Very few teams go through the season without some significant injuries.

I was down on this team last season when we finished the year 12-4 and were division champs. We were/are a team built on a house of cards. We're a .500ish team, winning games we shouldn't have last season, losing games we shouldn't have this season. We're not a team that can compete for a SB, haven't been for 6 seasons.

Once we turn off life support later this month, I'll be the first in line to push down on the plunger.

LTH":2tdms85h said:
To be honest with you i don't really care if you accept injurys as an excuse believe what you want. The fact is if a team loses its starting franchise QB for several games especially with the type of injury Wilson had, it's going to put a team in a hole unless your sf and your starting QB is Joe Montana backed up by Steve young... but that kind of depth never happens... AZ has had top 10-15 drafts for a long time they should have great depth... The Hawks have been drafting in the very bottom of the draft for 10 years...so their depth isn't going to be as good... but the bottom line is I'm happy Russ got it going tonight and again I'm wanting to see how the season plays out before I make any rash decisions and if JA was smart, she would do the same. but if you think the team is trash than of course your not going to see my position.

Lots of examples, both recent and in the recent past, of teams losing their starting QB for a couple of games and not imploding w/o a HOF backup, starting with Kyler Murry and the Cards, whose backup beat us. Besides, factor out the 3 games that Geno started and we're still 3-6, same winning percentage as those Geno started, so one could easily argue that it had a minimal effect.

And you're right, I don't see your position. It would have required a SB contender this season for me to support retaining the status quo in 2022, and I'm certainly not going to accept a sub .500 effort.

Good effort yesterday, especially on defense in the 2nd half, though we have to note that we got more than our share of breaks.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
I'd think Pete bought himself one off year considering the 2 Super Bowls, playoffs, division titles, and winning seasons.

hawker84

Reaction score
fire_marshall_bill":3de6sdas said:
I'd think Pete bought himself one off year considering the 2 Super Bowls, playoffs, division titles, and winning seasons.

Pete's had 7 years since the last SB appearance. How many more chances people willing to give this guy? This ship has been sinking for 7 years, unless you're cool with division banners... I hope the axe comes fast and furious this off season. Great win, but doesn't change anything for me in regards to Pete.

chris98251

Reaction score
The thing about the last Super Bowl is that we had to re tool, you give a few passes to do that but want to see improvement after like the second year, we have been consistent with getting to the playoffs, but how we exit, how we lose and or win has been a slow spiral the wrong direction culminating this year with the disaster we have seen.

Thats the years up to this point I think they are referring too.

RiverDog

Reaction score
fire_marshall_bill":2opf31kc said:

hawker84":2opf31kc said:
Pete's had 7 years since the last SB appearance. How many more chances people willing to give this guy? This ship has been sinking for 7 years, unless you're cool with division banners... I hope the axe comes fast and furious this off season. Great win, but doesn't change anything for me in regards to Pete.

That's just it. We're not one or two years removed from a SB appearance, it's been 7 seasons. How much longer do you want us to wait? Another year? 2 years? 5? It's a serious question. How long is enough? Or should we just be happy as a clam with playoff appearances because it's better than being the Detroit Lions or New York Jets?

LTH

Reaction score
your expectations are to high here is an interesting stat

the majority of coaches hired every season from 2005–12 have since been canned. The 49 that were fired lasted fewer than three years on average, and 30 of them never even made the playoffs before being canned.

So the fact that Pete Carroll coached this team for 11 years and made the playoffs every year but 2 with 2 SB appearances is an amazing career and is far above the average. getting a great coach is just as hard than finding a franchise QB. they just don't come around often.

again you're going to believe what you're going to believe and i know I'm not going to change your mind...

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
fire_marshall_bill":vfxjmdiv said:

Way too many bad drafts and early playoff exits to say this IMO, especially with a top 5 QB in his prime.

Or used to be in his prime, the jury's still out on Russell after this year.

I'm just glad to hear that Jody's indeed engaged and using all the same inter-organizational checks and balances that Paul used to assess the team and staff.

justafan

Reaction score
LTH":2dp0e3as said:

the majority of coaches hired every season from 2005–12 have since been canned. The 49 that were fired lasted fewer than three years on average, and 30 of them never even made the playoffs before being canned.

So the fact that Pete Carroll coached this team for 11 years and made the playoffs every year but 2 with 2 SB appearances is an amazing career and is far above the average. getting a great coach is just as hard than finding a franchise QB. they just don't come around often.

again you're going to believe what you're going to believe and i know I'm not going to change your mind...

LTH

Great post,I always appreciate your optimism. Its funny, we have watched the Niners get to the SB and lose. Then collapse rebuild under Shanny lose a SB then collapse and fans here would still take Harbaugh or Shanny over Carroll.

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":2d3z6lic said:

LTH

So now you're using analytics to tell us how long our patience should last? Gotta give you an A for effort, bro, but decisions like these aren't something that you can quantify.

You keep telling us about how Pete ain't so bad, that compared to other coaches and teams that we're way ahead of the curve, that we should all get with the program, that we should be ashamed of ourselves for even thinking about changing coaches. I asked a question and would appreciate it if you or anyone else that wants to chime in to answer it:

How long should we wait? Another season? Two more seasons? Five more? Where do your numbers tell you that the breaking point is? Or is there no limit, that we should always and forever be content with making the playoffs, perhaps even winning a wild card game every once in a blue moon? Should we wake up each morning and thank our lucky stars that we're not the Detroit Lions or New York Jets?

Seymour

Reaction score
I hope she starts with a big name GM that has power over Pete. Schnieder needs to be the fall guy at this point for the poor drafting and getting taken to the cleaners on the Adams deal IMO.

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":1uw7ycuo said:
LTH":1uw7ycuo said:

LTH

So now you're using analytics to tell us how long our patience should last? Gotta give you an A for effort, bro, but decisions like these aren't something that you can quantify.

You keep telling us about how Pete ain't so bad, that compared to other coaches and teams that we're way ahead of the curve, that we should all get with the program, that we should be ashamed of ourselves for even thinking about changing coaches. I asked a question and would appreciate it if you or anyone else that wants to chime in to answer it:

How long should we wait? Another season? Two more seasons? Five more? Where do your numbers tell you that the breaking point is? Or is there no limit, that we should always and forever be content with making the playoffs, perhaps even winning a wild card game every once in a blue moon? Should we wake up each morning and thank our lucky stars that we're not the Detroit Lions or New York Jets?

First of all I don't think you should be ashamed of your self it's only a football team and Your expectation is what it is... I think it's unrealistic...If I asked this board if they would take Kyle Shannahan over Pete Carroll everybody would jump on it... but the reality is he is not a better coach than Carroll nor is McVay they are all very good coach's and I don 't think any one of them have out performed Carroll. all of them have had a bad year or two which have allowed them to revamp the team with new young talent and after their down years they come back strong... The most over looked thing about Carroll is everybody thinks they draft poorly.... well, usually there are 25 to 27 teams that get a chance to pick better players than the Hawks do so why would anybody think the Hawks would stay competitive under those circumstances? but they do...because they take chances...and when those chances work out they look brilliant and when they don't they take a butt load of heat.

Everybody has different expectations I think if Carroll doesn't turn this team around by the end of the season that that's when the discussion should start. if for some reason he has a losing season next year then he should be fired... he has earned that right IMO. He has earned the right to have one losing season out of 11 or 12 how ever long he has been here.

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
olyfan63":115mfdnv said:
COACH PETE CARROLL & STAFF
1) Pete Carroll is overall the right guy to continue running the team, but some personnel decisions should be taken off his plate and/or require additional oversight

You lost me right there.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully she forces Pete to fire KNJr, and hire a real DC. Not just a puppet

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":2ryaegcf said:
First of all I don't think you should be ashamed of your self it's only a football team and Your expectation is what it is... I think it's unrealistic...If I asked this board if they would take Kyle Shannahan over Pete Carroll everybody would jump on it... but the reality is he is not a better coach than Carroll nor is McVay they are all very good coach's and I don 't think any one of them have out performed Carroll. all of them have had a bad year or two which have allowed them to revamp the team with new young talent and after their down years they come back strong... The most over looked thing about Carroll is everybody thinks they draft poorly.... well, usually there are 25 to 27 teams that get a chance to pick better players than the Hawks do so why would anybody think the Hawks would stay competitive under those circumstances? but they do...because they take chances...and when those chances work out they look brilliant and when they don't they take a butt load of heat.

Everybody has different expectations I think if Carroll doesn't turn this team around by the end of the season that that's when the discussion should start. if for some reason he has a losing season next year then he should be fired... he has earned that right IMO. He has earned the right to have one losing season out of 11 or 12 how ever long he has been here.

LTH

The issue isn't who the best coach is, Carroll or Shanny/McVeigh. We're not voting on who has the best resume. The issue is that Pete is no longer the right coach for this team.

It might take us another 4 or 5 HC coaching changes before we find the right one, but it's clearly not working anymore. We're on a treadmill, jogging in place at best, arguably backsliding at worst. It's not a lot different dilemma that the Eagles had a few years ago with Andy Reid and the Packers with Mike McCarthy. Both were good coaches with better resumes than those that replaced them, but the decision was made to move on from them, that they had enough time to make things work.

Drafting isn't my only issue with Pete. He's made a series of bad trades that didn't work out, including Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, and Jamal Adams. Their strategy of trading draft picks for band aid players has robbed us of draft capital. Last season, we went into the draft with just 3 picks and not having a first rounder. I also feel that he does not place enough emphasis on offensive linemen, including those available in free agency. Pete seems to have lost his eye for talent on the defensive side of the ball. He way overspent on Adams and clung to Tre Flowers for what seemed to be an eternity. Once he finally admitted to what was blatantly obvious to everyone and their dog and got rid of Flowers, our defense suddenly improved. The man is stubborn and refuses to change.

Your answer to my question is a little confusing. If Carroll doesn't turn the team around by the end of the season that's when the discussion should start, but that we should give him another year? What purpose does it serve to discuss it if your conclusion is predetermined?

Not that it matters, but just to set the record straight, barring our winning out, this will be Pete's 3rd losing season with us. We went 7-9 in his first two seasons. This is his 11th season with us.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Pete Carroll definitely looked like he was a guy with his job on the line with some of the calls he was making. The fake punt and fourth down tries were out of place. He was throwing everything he had at the 49ers.