Report that Jody Allen not happy and very involved

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":1cwh6qlm said:
fire_marshall_bill":1cwh6qlm said:
I'd think Pete bought himself one off year considering the 2 Super Bowls, playoffs, division titles, and winning seasons.

Pete's had 7 years since the last SB appearance. How many more chances people willing to give this guy? This ship has been sinking for 7 years, unless you're cool with division banners... I hope the axe comes fast and furious this off season. Great win, but doesn't change anything for me in regards to Pete.
I am indeed "Satisfied" with not having a long streak of losing seasons, I've been an unwavering Seahawks fan through some REAL bummer Seasons, I'll take the first ever Super Bowl win because of what Pete has brought to Seattle over all those go nowhere seasons, ANY DAY.
Maybe after seeing Brother Paul Allen helping to hoist that Lombardi could/should have some sway on how Jody Allen feels about Pete Carroll's impact on this Franchise, the culture that he's developed, and all that he's accomplished in Seattle, eh?

toffee

Reaction score
12s must think twice, wrong four times, about having a very involved owner. A super involved Jody could bring nightmares, something that would made our current struggle seen like child plays, or food ole days.

Think.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Atradees

Reaction score
Jody fired the Blazers coach because there was a sense that first round flame outs with the talent assembled was underachieving. (sounds Seahawky)

Olshey was fired because of his toxic behavior. It was well documented. It wasn't connected to performance. This team has several good pieces after a rebuild.

I wonder; the Olshey shut down of the media regarding the history of Chauncy Billups might have began the falling of the dominoes.

I would say that is dialed in.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Chapow":34c5ifed said:
TraderGary":34c5ifed said:
2020 - Everyone wanted Partick Queen, but they go for Brooks instead, who shows signs of being a good player, but not at the same level as Queen who appears to be a perennial pro bowler if not all-pro.

Where on earth on you getting this idea?

Queen has had a few (very few) splash plays, but overall has not been very good, and certainly no where near pro bowl or all pro level. Brooks has been the better player so far and it isn't really very close.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/patrick-queen/57941

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jordyn-brooks/50851

Jordyn Brooks is also #4 in the NFL for total tackles. Patrick Queen isn't even in the top 50.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_ ... s/dir/desc

At this point, Brooks is a solid to good NFL starting LB, and Queen just isn't.

Thank you, I stand corrected on my Queen quote above. I was basing it on highlight reels and limited exposure to Ravens games, combined with what I've heard from some of the analysts. I'll eat some crow on that specific comment, but it doesn't change my opinion on the Hawks overall drafting strategy/performance.

RiverDog

Reaction score
scutterhawk":39soni0u said:
RiverDog":39soni0u said:
I won't accept the injury excuse, not for a minute. Other teams have injuries, too. Very few teams go through the season without some significant injuries.
I was down on this team last season when we finished the year 12-4 and were division champs. We were/are a team built on a house of cards. We're a .500ish team, winning games we shouldn't have last season, losing games we shouldn't have this season. We're not a team that can compete for a SB, haven't been for 6 seasons.
Once we turn off life support later this month, I'll be the first in line to push down on the plunger.
You're not accepting that Russell Wilson's injury was a significant downturn? I mean yeah, "other teams have injuries too" indeed, they do, but Wilson isn't just any other guy on the team, HE IS the KEY to our Offense, it's not as though you can just plug in a bench warmer, and carry on without missing a beat, it doesn't work like that.
Most other teams in the League would hit a hard slump with their #1 signal caller knocked out.
It's already been discussed/debated and concluded, that without Russell Wilson, our chances for success are diminished by A HE!! OF A LOT.
Carson's injury, and a subpar & faltering Offensive Line weren't small matters for Wilson to digest & work through either.

It's not the difference between 4-8 and 9-3, which at this point in the season is where I would expect us to be if we were on last year's track.

Other teams have injuries, too. Take a look at the Ravens if you want to see an infirmary ward. Injuries are part of the game. Besides, it doesn't excuse the past 6 seasons.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
She who has the gold, makes the rules.

A decade of domination and people still bitch. Myself included.

I hope we still have good ownership. I don’t want to see or hear of these peeps. Greatest era of football in Seattle. I don’t care who’s responsible. Never mess with a winner. Tough luck this year, but almost every game was winnable so we have the horses. Injuries are tough to plan for, in a cap leveling league.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chapow":252unrhf said:
TraderGary":252unrhf said:
2020 - Everyone wanted Partick Queen, but they go for Brooks instead, who shows signs of being a good player, but not at the same level as Queen who appears to be a perennial pro bowler if not all-pro.

Queen has had a few (very few) splash plays, but overall has not been very good, and certainly no where near pro bowl or all pro level. Brooks has been the better player so far and it isn't really very close.

Jordyn Brooks is also #4 in the NFL for total tackles. Patrick Queen isn't even in the top 50.

This. Patrick Queen is abysmal and was benched several times in 2020. He is one of the biggest coverage liabilities in the NFL, despite being quite puny for a linebacker.

EDIT: Also, Patrick Queen wasn't a board darling until after Seattle picked a linebacker. It was a pure hindsight narrative that has since been proven pretty hilarious.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2jfq7not said:
Chapow":2jfq7not said:
TraderGary":2jfq7not said:

Patrick Queen is abysmal and was benched several times in 2020. He is one of the biggest coverage liabilities in the NFL, despite being quite puny for a linebacker.
Exactly. Pat Queen might be forced into early retirement by next year. He just sucks in every aspect and rides pine most of the time. Earth to McFly I mean TraderGary. Dude lost every ounce of credibility he had with one dumb post.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Jville":3s33q2my said:
RiverDog":3s33q2my said:
Spin Doctor":3s33q2my said:
Pete Carroll definitely looked like he was a guy with his job on the line with some of the calls he was making. The fake punt and fourth down tries were out of place. He was throwing everything he had at the 49ers.

That's one take, but another is that with nothing to lose, you might as well go for it. These are nothing more than glorified preseason games with the main object being talent evaluation.

The fake punt had to have been something that they saw on film. The time to try that is early in the game, although I was surprised that they did it on the first punt. Normally they would wait and confirm what they had seen from previous games, but other than that, they picked a good time to try it, in the first half with the score tied.

The 4th down call with 6 minutes to go was stupid, but I won't discuss it here as there's another thread dedicated to that subject.

I don't know how anyone can not know that Pete delegates game day decision making to coordinators, position coaches and players. It's not always Pete's call or a coordinator's call. In point of fact, sometimes its a player that makes the call in reaction to a look ...... as was the case in the so called fake punt play.

"Throughout the week, (special teams coordinator Larry) Izzo was telling us we've got the green light if we see this look, and they gave it to us on the first play," said running back Travis Homer.

..................... to much fiction is spread about Seahawk football. It's a huge disservice to the fans and players alike.
And?

What is that doing to disprove anything I said? We haven't seen a play like that for YEARS and we still went for it twice on on 4th down in situations that would have been a FG or punt 100 percent of the time before. Before this game (not sure what it is now) the Seahawks were the team to go for it on 4th down the least. Carroll also had to approve of this plan in the first place even if it was a read on the player.

We also did things like sign AP and straight off the street give Penny/AP most of the carries that game. Our play calling and decision making in all phases of the game was far more bold and aggressive. I don't think you can deny that. We took on a lot more risks that we don't usually take underneath Pete Carroll.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Jville":17z7imfq said:
RiverDog":17z7imfq said:
Spin Doctor":17z7imfq said:
Pete Carroll definitely looked like he was a guy with his job on the line with some of the calls he was making. The fake punt and fourth down tries were out of place. He was throwing everything he had at the 49ers.

That's one take, but another is that with nothing to lose, you might as well go for it. These are nothing more than glorified preseason games with the main object being talent evaluation.

The fake punt had to have been something that they saw on film. The time to try that is early in the game, although I was surprised that they did it on the first punt. Normally they would wait and confirm what they had seen from previous games, but other than that, they picked a good time to try it, in the first half with the score tied.

The 4th down call with 6 minutes to go was stupid, but I won't discuss it here as there's another thread dedicated to that subject.

I don't know how anyone can not know that Pete delegates game day decision making to coordinators, position coaches and players. It's not always Pete's call or a coordinator's call. In point of fact, sometimes its a player that makes the call in reaction to a look ...... as was the case in the so called fake punt play.

"Throughout the week, (special teams coordinator Larry) Izzo was telling us we've got the green light if we see this look, and they gave it to us on the first play," said running back Travis Homer.

..................... to much fiction is spread about Seahawk football. It's a huge disservice to the fans and players alike.
This will dismissed as you well know. It doesn't fit anyone's preferred narrative

justafan

Reaction score
TraderGary":2rab2fvn said:
LTH":2rab2fvn said:
RiverDog":2rab2fvn said:
LTH":2rab2fvn said:
your expectations are to high here is an interesting stat

the majority of coaches hired every season from 2005–12 have since been canned. The 49 that were fired lasted fewer than three years on average, and 30 of them never even made the playoffs before being canned.

So the fact that Pete Carroll coached this team for 11 years and made the playoffs every year but 2 with 2 SB appearances is an amazing career and is far above the average. getting a great coach is just as hard than finding a franchise QB. they just don't come around often.

again you're going to believe what you're going to believe and i know I'm not going to change your mind...

LTH

So now you're using analytics to tell us how long our patience should last? Gotta give you an A for effort, bro, but decisions like these aren't something that you can quantify.

You keep telling us about how Pete ain't so bad, that compared to other coaches and teams that we're way ahead of the curve, that we should all get with the program, that we should be ashamed of ourselves for even thinking about changing coaches. I asked a question and would appreciate it if you or anyone else that wants to chime in to answer it:

How long should we wait? Another season? Two more seasons? Five more? Where do your numbers tell you that the breaking point is? Or is there no limit, that we should always and forever be content with making the playoffs, perhaps even winning a wild card game every once in a blue moon? Should we wake up each morning and thank our lucky stars that we're not the Detroit Lions or New York Jets?

First of all I don't think you should be ashamed of your self it's only a football team and Your expectation is what it is... I think it's unrealistic...If I asked this board if they would take Kyle Shannahan over Pete Carroll everybody would jump on it... but the reality is he is not a better coach than Carroll nor is McVay they are all very good coach's and I don 't think any one of them have out performed Carroll. all of them have had a bad year or two which have allowed them to revamp the team with new young talent and after their down years they come back strong... The most over looked thing about Carroll is everybody thinks they draft poorly.... well, usually there are 25 to 27 teams that get a chance to pick better players than the Hawks do so why would anybody think the Hawks would stay competitive under those circumstances? but they do...because they take chances...and when those chances work out they look brilliant and when they don't they take a butt load of heat.

Everybody has different expectations I think if Carroll doesn't turn this team around by the end of the season that that's when the discussion should start. if for some reason he has a losing season next year then he should be fired... he has earned that right IMO. He has earned the right to have one losing season out of 11 or 12 how ever long he has been here.

LTH

Wow, I know you view everything the Hawks do with rose colored glasses, and in your mind, they can do no wrong. But to defend their draft history is a serious reach, even for you.

2021 - Had a chance to draft Humphreys, the player nearly every Hawks fan wanted, and in a serious area of need, but go for Eskridge instead who has barely seen the field, and despite having 2 all-pro WR's.
2019 - Collier - huge reach, and complete bust.
2018 - reach for Penny when Nick Chubb is still on the board who once again, everyone wanted.

Collier and Penny are complete busts, and the jury is out on Brooks and Eskridge.

Replace Eskridge, Brooks, Collier, and Penny with Humphreys, Queen, Chubb, and anyone except Collier, and think about how much better this team would be. And that's just 4 examples off the top of my head. There are many others.

Now I know your counter argument will be, well you can go back and look at any teams draft and point out how they should have selected this player or that player instead. But in the Hawks case, we're talking about the OBVIOUS choices they should have made, and who everyone thought they would choose, and everyone wanted. But instead, they would rather reach and prove to everyone how smart they are, and we all saw how that worked out.

For you to actually defend their draft is frankly laughable. The game day coaching and scheming has been terrible, but the drafting has been abysmal which is why we have so many holes on this team, particularly the OL and DL. It's impossible for any of us to know if those selections were on Pete or John, but since Pete has final say in all decisions involving the team on the field, I think I know where to point the finger.

Im still pissed about the 76 draft. We could have had Mike Haynes in the 1st. Randy Cross in the 2nd. Walked away from the 3rd and 4th round with Jackie Slater, Gary Barbaro, Harry Carson and Tom Rafferty. We end up with frickin Raible,Engles, Meyers,Bitterlich and Lloyd. A kicker and a punter who never amounted to anything before Carson. Could you imagine Dorsett behind that line for the next 10 years.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Seymour":1sv9m6f8 said:
LOL, like he hasn't had that chance prior to this season?

How bout this for starters??

2PxHjcf

Rewatching this play, this was a bad throw by Russell.

If he throws it more on the numbers, suddenly the HC and the OC are the heroes, and not the villains in this story.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dear god man, it's 2021. Still showing this crap?
How about showing the 10 point lead the defense gave up in the 4th quarter.
Or the lame attempt at a block by Kearse. This was a TEAM loss. Still talking about it all these years later.

LTH

Reaction score
hoxrox":3qe7bket said:
Seymour":3qe7bket said:

2PxHjcf

If he throws it more on the numbers, suddenly the HC and the OC are the heroes, and not the villains in this story.

Maybe... but it definitely was a great play by the Pats. You can tell that corner did his homework

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":3ufxsgcu said:
hoxrox":3ufxsgcu said:
Seymour":3ufxsgcu said:

2PxHjcf

Maybe... but it definitely was a great play by the Pats. You can tell that corner did his homework

LTH

Browner made that play possible. If he doesn't stuff Kearse at the LOS, Kearse runs a post route and Butler would have had to have stayed home. But since Browner kept Kearse from getting into his route, Butler was free to jump it.

It was a poor play call IMO. I didn't advocate handing the ball off to Beast as so many did. New England had their heavy package in and even with Beast, we were never a great short yardage running team. I would have rather seen some sort of play action and get Russell on the move or run a timing pattern to the corner or back of the end zone where only our guy could catch it, give him some options rather than a bang-bang play like that. I hate throwing over the middle in a congested area like that.

Russell does bear some responsibility as he should have seen Browner stuffing Kearse and maybe he should have thrown it lower and forced Lockette to go down for it, but it was such a bang-bang play that it's hard to assign a whole bunch of blame on him.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The defense knew what the play was, the worst possible personnel was on the field to execute it, the Patriots defense was ranked near the bottom in goal line situations and were totally gassed.

There's a reason that play pops up when you look at the worst play in Super Bowl history. Because it was. There should be no defending it.

chris98251

Reaction score
RiverDog":2tigled0 said:
LTH":2tigled0 said:
hoxrox":2tigled0 said:
Seymour":2tigled0 said:

2PxHjcf

LTH

Browner made that play possible. If he doesn't stuff Kearse at the LOS, Kearse runs a post route and Butler would have had to have stayed home. But since Browner kept Kearse from getting into his route, Butler was free to jump it.

It was a poor play call IMO. I didn't advocate handing the ball off to Beast as so many did. New England had their heavy package in and even with Beast, we were never a great short yardage running team. I would have rather seen some sort of play action and get Russell on the move or run a timing pattern to the corner or back of the end zone where only our guy could catch it, give him some options rather than a bang-bang play like that. I hate throwing over the middle in a congested area like that.

Russell does bear some responsibility as he should have seen Browner stuffing Kearse and maybe he should have thrown it lower and forced Lockette to go down for it, but it was such a bang-bang play that it's hard to assign a whole bunch of blame on him.

Thought this was about Jody not about lamented losses from 8 years ago now or so, get over it, Bevell, and Pete blew it, not only should they have handed the ball to Lynch, even on that pass play Lynch was wide open in the flat with a CB to beat to the end zone, so they messed up twice. I will take odds that one CB is not stopping Lynch from scoring three yards out or so.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
For the 736th time, why does it RARELY ever get talked about that the defense GAVE UP A 10 POINT LEAD IN THE 4TH QUARTER?????

That actually did happen, but somehow they always get a pass. As if they had NOTHING to do with that loss :?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":14z1lqe6 said:
Other teams have injuries, too. Take a look at the Ravens if you want to see an infirmary ward. Injuries are part of the game. Besides, it doesn't excuse the past 6 seasons.

You mean the last 6 seasons of Russ playing behind an All-Sour O-Line? so-so Run Support, where said O-Line led the League in allowing the most Quarterback Sacks, Hits & Hurries?
THOSE last 6 seasons that were NOT complete disasters, because we had a TOP 5 Quarterback that kept the Seahawks in play-off contention? Those 6 years?
You can legitimately knock-on Wilson's shortcomings, his misreads, hanging onto the ball for too long, Not taking the "Layups", or whatever the gripe, but what Wilson has accomplished in spite of them, is incredible.
The key to this argument is not about injuries to MOST players on any given team like the "Ravens" etc., but an injury to the Seahawks Offensive MVP who was/is responsible for roughly 90% of their success, missing play because of injury? c'mon man. :141847_bnono:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":hzsjeibb said:
For the 736th time, why does it RARELY ever get talked about that the defense GAVE UP A 10 POINT LEAD IN THE 4TH QUARTER?????

That actually did happen, but somehow they always get a pass. As if they had NOTHING to do with that loss :?

"Defense Wins Championships", except when they blow a 10 point lead. :irishdrinkers: