Ranking DK Metcalf.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I really want to know what you guys think, if he's a top 10 or top 20 WR.

I have him #25-30 for this season.

Rainger

Reaction score
Absolutely, now that ME3 is gone he will have a very good career here.

He is a stud, doesn't need to be the best route runner, just use his body and strength to shield out the defenders and without injury could become one of the top 5 receivers in Hawks history.

He is very fast as well. I don't understand anyone have doubts about him. You might not like his soother, or his hair or personality but he is a rare find at WR.

I believe he is top 10 right now!

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Absolutely, now that ME3 is gone he will have a very good career here.

He is a stud, doesn't need to be the best route runner, just use his body and strength to shield out the defenders and without injury could become one of the top 5 receivers in Hawks history.

He is very fast as well. I don't understand anyone have doubts about him. You might not like his soother, or his hair or personality but he is a rare find at WR.

I believe he is top 10 right now!

Top 10?

Is he higher than any of these guys

Justin Jefferson
Tyreke Hill
Cooper Kupp
Davante Adams
Jamarr Chase
Stefon Diggs
Ceedee Lamb
Keenan Allen
Chris Olave
Jaylen Waddle

Rainger

Reaction score
Top 10?

Justin Jefferson
Tyreke Hill
Cooper Kupp
Davante Adams
Jamarr Chase
Stefon Diggs
Ceedee Lamb
Keenan Allen
Chris Olave
Jaylen Waddle
Sure it is all subjective, as to how much the team throws, their scheme, he has as good of speed or better and more physicality. Take for instance Kupp, he is great but they target him on almost every passing down, but granted he is always open. It comes down to how you use a receiver. DK is top 10!

I am allowed my opinion. Lets just keep watching for the next couple of years and if in 2 or three years he is average I will say so. But you can not say he is not in the discussion IMHO.

You asked a question to get peoples opinions, if you only want to argue with them and push your point, then why ask the question. Make a statement instead so you can argue those who disagree with your statement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Sure it is all subjective, as to how much the team throws, their scheme, he has as good of speed or better and more physicality. Take for instance Kupp, he is great but they target him on almost every passing down, but granted he is always open. It comes down to how you use a receiver. DK is top 10!

I am allowed my opinion. Lets just keep watching for the next couple of years and if in 2 or three years he is average I will say so. But you can not say he is not in the discussion IMHO.

You asked a question to get peoples opinions, if you only want to argue with them and push your point, then why ask the question. Make a statement instead so you can argue those who disagree with your statement.
Where did I try to argue. I asked if he was higher than any of the guys I listed.

Again, I had him in 25-30. You mentioned top 10 so I just asked if he was higher than those 10. I'm not arguing with you. If you had said top 15 or 15-20 I wouldn't had said anything.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Top 10?

Justin Jefferson
Tyreke Hill
Cooper Kupp
Davante Adams
Jamarr Chase
Stefon Diggs
Ceedee Lamb
Keenan Allen
Chris Olave
Jaylen Waddle
Jefferson - No
Hill - No
Kupp - Yes
Adams - Even
Chase - Yes
Diggs - No
Lamb - Even
Allen - Hell yeah
Olave - Yes
Waddle - Even
Samuel - Even
AJ Brown - Even
Evans - Yes

Rainger

Reaction score
The point is you asked the following:

"I really want to know what you guys think"

So you pretend you are interested in other peoples opinions and not in a debate if your 25 to 30 position is correct or not.

Then when I said yes, you said "top 10?" then you threw out 10 names and asked if he was higher than them. That sir is an argument. Wanting to have me prove he is better than your list. I should not need to do that to answer you original question. YOU asked "what do I think" I told you.

You have said you think he is 25 to 30 and you are entitled to you opinion. But if someone says yes they think he is top 10 (because you asked) then you shouldn't be asking them to PROVE their opinion to you.

If you want to debate if he is better than 25 to 30 as a WR in the NFL then make the statement: "I think DK is no better than the 25th to 30th WR in the NFL!"

Then you can have all the debate you want with those who disagree with you.

Rainger

Reaction score
Where did I try to argue. I asked if he was higher than any of the guys I listed.

Again, I had him in 25-30. You mentioned top 10 so I just asked if he was higher than those 10. I'm not arguing with you. If you had said top 15 or 15-20 I wouldn't had said anything.
Even this answer proves all you want to do is debate or argue your post, because you say if I had said 15 to 20 you would not have said anything.

You only wanted to argue because I said I believed he is top 10 which is a VERY VERY subjective discussion that cant be proved beyond doubt one way or the other.

Ok I think he is at least in the top 15 WR's in the NFL, most likely in the top 10.

keasley45

Reaction score
Top 15 based on sheer talent alone, but IMO he drops wayyyy too many catchable balls to be top 10. He needs to clean that up.

He gets compared to Megatron, which given his physical traits, I understand. But Megatron - if there was a ball he could get his hands on, he was going to catch it. Didn't matter who was on him.

I feel like DK of late has shifted his focus to being uber physical, and not given as much attention to actually catching the ball.

But he absolutley has the ability and potential to be top 5.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
It may be heresy or something, but I consider Metcalf to have been very clearly the second-best WR on the Seahawks roster to this point in the season.

I'd put Lockett in the top ten in the league so far this season, and Metcalf low enough that I can't give an estimate with any kind of precision, but still high enough that he's very clearly been valuable. I'd say he's been somewhere between the 25th-best and 40th-best WR in the league this season. Considering that there are 32 teams, having two receivers in the top 40 is pretty good, even with Metcalf's catch percentage (62%) getting down close to Overrated Beckham Jr. territory this season.

There's a separate ranking where I'd put Metcalf higher, which is how much I expect from him for the rest of this season, and another where I'd put him much higher, which is what I expect from him from the rest of this season plus the next few seasons.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
It may be heresy or something, but I consider Metcalf to have been very clearly the second-best WR on the Seahawks roster to this point in the season.

I'd put Lockett in the top ten in the league so far this season, and Metcalf low enough that I can't give an estimate with any kind of precision, but still high enough that he's very clearly been valuable. I'd say he's been somewhere between the 25th-best and 40th-best WR in the league this season. Considering that there are 32 teams, having two receivers in the top 40 is pretty good, even with Metcalf's catch percentage (62%) getting down close to Overrated Beckham Jr. territory this season.

There's a separate ranking where I'd put Metcalf higher, which is how much I expect from him for the rest of this season, and another where I'd put him much higher, which is what I expect from him from the rest of this season plus the next few seasons.

How is Tyler a top 10 receiver?

I've read on this very board that he's scared, mentally weak & not committed to the team because he refuses to dive head first into 3 rapidly converging defenders to gain that extra yard like all us fans sitting on our couch in the basement eating cheetos would definitely do.

/sarcasm:rolleyes:

cymatica

Reaction score
Top 15 based on sheer talent alone, but IMO he drops wayyyy too many catchable balls to be top 10. He needs to clean that up.

He gets compared to Megatron, which given his physical traits, I understand. But Megatron - if there was a ball he could get his hands on, he was going to catch it. Didn't matter who was on him.

I feel like DK of late has shifted his focus to being uber physical, and not given as much attention to actually catching the ball.

But he absolutley has the ability and potential to be top 5.
Agree with this completely. He lets smaller DBs break up way too many passes. Doesn't do a good job of high pointing the ball at all, Golden Tate was way better at getting good positioning when the ball was in the air. He just doesn't have great hands.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
I’ve always thought his best comparison is Terrell Owens. An absolute physical anomaly with insane workout ethic. But not the best hands. He has the talent to be a HOF.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
He drops a LOT of balls. His numbers were better with Wilson throwing deep to him. Clean up the drops and his numbers would be considerably better.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
He drops a LOT of balls. His numbers were better with Wilson throwing deep to him. Clean up the drops and his numbers would be considerably better.
But Rainger says he should be better now that RW isn't throwing to him.
What do the numbers say about DK's completions, RW vs Geno? Is Geno targeting him more per game?

I agree with some others here that he's going to have to make a vast improvement to leapfrog past Tyler Lockett.

StoneCold

Reaction score
If DK focuses more on catching than making the DB look bad, he will be a HOF. He lets the head game get the best of him. That said I'd take him over 95% of the receivers in the game today. He may not be better than Adams now, but he has the potential to meet or exceed him. Davante is 29, DK is 24.

Rainger

Reaction score
But Rainger says he should be better now that RW isn't throwing to him.
What do the numbers say about DK's completions, RW vs Geno? Is Geno targeting him more per game?

I agree with some others here that he's going to have to make a vast improvement to leapfrog past Tyler Lockett.
Dk 2021
75 rec 967 yrd 12.9 pca 12 td (17 games)

Dk 2022
48 rec 581 yrd 12.1 pca 4 td (10 games)

Some math expert can extrapolate what adding 7 more games will do to those numbers. Remember Geno threw to DK for 3 of the games last year.

My hunch is that his numbers are better with Geno than ME3

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Other posters are listing some excellent players as a comparison to DK. But, as a Seahawk and his importance to the team (and fans), I would put him as #1 in the league with Tyler Lockett as #1.1. (Am I a "homer"? Yes...but how about Homer too?!)

i don't watch enough games to judge other players. I learn a lot about what is happening around the league right here at Seahawks.net. But I am very excited by the progress of the 2022 Seahawks! DK is one of our best players and is a team leader.

DK brings a certain toughness to the offense that can throw the other team off. They are already worried about him as an athlete, but then his attitude and ability to "get in their head" brings an unpredictable element to a game. I really get a kick out of watching his on field "antics".

To me... DK = #1

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I’ve always thought his best comparison is Terrell Owens. An absolute physical anomaly with insane workout ethic. But not the best hands. He has the talent to be a HOF.
and there's that attitude just under the surface -

Watch this week's presser. You be the judge.