Ranking DK Metcalf.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
AND - I don't like it but it's kinda the truth:

I love me the 1/2 grown up DK - but he's still got a bit to go IMHO.

On the other hand, let's go sign OBJ - that'll fix EVERYTHING! <sarcasm off>

Polk738

Reaction score
DK needs to work on his craft, and by craft I mean his ball security, hands, and seperation-by this time in his career he should be exceeding Lockett in TDs, yards and catches

balakoth

Reaction score
Where did I try to argue. I asked if he was higher than any of the guys I listed.

Again, I had him in 25-30. You mentioned top 10 so I just asked if he was higher than those 10. I'm not arguing with you. If you had said top 15 or 15-20 I wouldn't had said anything.
again you are trying to argue schemes and semantics over ... ability... You do this constantly to be honest.

Do you really understand the angle you are trying to take? I am thinking not

balakoth

Reaction score
DK needs to work on his craft, and by craft I mean his ball security, hands, and seperation-by this time in his career he should be exceeding Lockett in TDs, yards and catches
You honestly cannot be serious.. you know how years... and seasons work right?

balakoth

Reaction score
Double the seasons and hes suppose to surpass ROFL.. is this board .. honestly for real sometimes?

YOur post WAS sarcastic right? You realize we cant hear tone in text yes?

balakoth

Reaction score
FYI Metcalf is on pace to shatter locketts numbers.......... just saying

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
DK Metcalf allows Lockett to do what he does. DK Metcalf draws a lot of coverage to his side of the field and he's been the primary concern of defenses for two years now. It's also worth noting, DK has gotten a lot better at route running and coming down with contested balls.

His numbers aren't showing up on paper -- but the guy is a better player than he was in 2020 when he had 1300 yards. It's also worth noting that we're spreading the ball around a lot. We've also pivoted the offense away from his specialty to more of a short and intermediate attacking offense that relies on precision.

There is nothing wrong with DK Metcalf as he sits and he has worked on his craft.

keasley45

Reaction score
DK Metcalf allows Lockett to do what he does. DK Metcalf draws a lot of coverage to his side of the field and he's been the primary concern of defenses for two years now. It's also worth noting, DK has gotten a lot better at route running and coming down with contested balls.

His numbers aren't showing up on paper -- but the guy is a better player than he was in 2020 when he had 1300 yards. It's also worth noting that we're spreading the ball around a lot. We've also pivoted the offense away from his specialty to more of a short and intermediate attacking offense that relies on precision.

There is nothing wrong with DK Metcalf as he sits and he has worked on his craft.

Dk has 6 drops on 48 catches, despite the fact that 57 passes thrown his way were catchable.

D Adams has the same number of drops on 14 more receptions (64).

Tyler? 1 drop on 54 catches. 55 catchable

Kupp? 75 catches.... 2 drops.

DK needs to pick up his game.

Last edited:

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Other posters are listing some excellent players as a comparison to DK. But, as a Seahawk and his importance to the team (and fans), I would put him as #1 in the league with Tyler Lockett as #1.1. (Am I a "homer"? Yes...but how about Homer too?!)

i don't watch enough games to judge other players. I learn a lot about what is happening around the league right here at Seahawks.net. But I am very excited by the progress of the 2022 Seahawks! DK is one of our best players and is a team leader.

DK brings a certain toughness to the offense that can throw the other team off. They are already worried about him as an athlete, but then his attitude and ability to "get in their head" brings an unpredictable element to a game. I really get a kick out of watching his on field "antics".

To me... DK = #1
In his mind, I suppose DK is projecting tough guy, scrapper image. Maybe he has a future in movies some day.
I just prefer the on field magic and results from the humble Tyler Lockett.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

That's an interesting take - and seemingly accurate.

chrispy

Reaction score
It also should be mentioned that this is the first year for DK (and Lockett too for that matter) to play a full season with current QB, Geno. There was an expectation that WR numbers might decrease when RCW left. That was an obvious negotiating point throughout his extension talks. Everything has gone better than expected, but it's still reasonable to predict QB-WR connection will only improve over the next couple years. ...as long as Geno is still a Seahawk.