Pick your Poison

CHawks4L

Reaction score
How are we gonna win?

Well the Falcons have an outstanding passing game, and some great DB play, but aside from that, they are unbalanced. Running offense and running defense are your weaknesses. They do play consistent though and have a knack for winning tight games.

The Seahawks are balanced on both sides. We use that to control the game. We don't care about yardage stats, our emphasis is time of possession and turnovers, which yields points for and against. If your offense is sitting on the bench, well it will be a lot easier for us to contain it. If you stack the run, we'll have no problem exploiting it with the same formations and personnel in a very effective and efficient passing game. Atlanta has never stopped a read option QB because RGIII was concussed after he only had a single carry.

The Hawks will play a field position battle all day, tire you out with physical play and simply beat you up and win it in the 4th. You guys might have a huge advantage in firepower and home run type threats, but you'll strike out on several possessions. While you swing for the fences, the Hawks will slap base hits making it a greater chance for victory.

I don't think there is a clear cut favorite here, two different styles... we'll see what happens on Sunday, but as long as the Hawks can be ready to play early morning come Sunday, I feel very confident about the result. Seahawks 24- Falcons 18

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I hope Dunta Robinson is back for this game. He's a huge liability against the play action. He can and will be burned for a big gainer in this game. Also, William Moore back for the first game in a month *hopefully* means he's rusty, accentuating the possibility for some deep shots down the field on our part.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Fibonacci":c2q86ze4 said:
OK first off if this needs to be moved, it can be. I do not see it as smack talk. I am just wondering what a response is. I mean no disrespect and I'm not going to do it like I do with saint fans.

we are a pick your poison type offense. I'll start from our worst to best.

Turner
- a lot of people; even Atlanta fans, put him down.
- he has 800 on the ground and 200 in passing....not to good. more like a mediocre RB
- but he still has 11TD. he is a red-zone threat.
- we have been holding him back a lot, with giving him less carries.

Turner is more like chamomile tea than poison
Julio
- 1200 yards
- 10 TDs
- he does great with yards after
- he can even be in the back field and pull a sneak and pull out some great yardage.
- of course he is still a red zone and deep threat.
Will keep Browner busy, but ET will help out. I expect Julio to have a decent day
White
- 1400 yards
- 7 TDs
- more so a deep threat guy, but he can catch the ball in mid field, regardless who is about to smack him.
Sherman. 'Nuff said.
Tony Gonzalez
- almost a 1000 yards
- 8 TD's
- he works the heck out of the middle of the field and will get yards after.
Here's your poison. Gonzalez will have a great day and get the most targets.
Matt Ryan
- 6 people who have 30 plus catches from him
- 4700 yards
- 141 in rushing
- 32TD
- 99.1 rating
- loss of sacks 210
Depends on Carroll. If he brings a good blitz package, Ryan makes bad decisions under pressure. If we just rush our front four, he'll get some yards. Can he score on our red zone defense is going to be the key in that case.
on defense the line is decent
- Abraham accounts for 10 sacks.
- 29 sacks for the entire team

but our secondary is really good.
- first you might think we let up a lot of yards on rushing. (2000) DVOA ranks you 20th, so your not good at stopping our strenght at all. Don't kid yourself.
- you might even think we let up a lot of yards in passing. (3800) DVOA ranks you 11th, so you're actually not bad. But vs a read option QB, you're secondary was not so good. Cam Newton had a 119 passer rating against you the first game and dominated you guys the second.
- but we have a +13 turnover. And Sherman has 8 INTS by himself. Our D has 18 INTS. Your D has 20. Our QB doesn't throw many picks, you might have noticed. Less than Ryan. Your high + turnover margin is based on fumble recoveries. That's an unsustainable number and only shows the ball bounced your way. In any given game, that's not something to factor in to the discussion.
- with one being a pick 6. And we have two.

We make big plays.
anyhow, so what teams have we played?

Denver broncos. week 2. 27-21
We make Manning look like a joke.
every time he went to throw in the first quarter was an interception.
Week 2 being the key here. Team was still new to Manning, he had been out of football for a year.
Washington Redskins. week 5. 24-17
we played at their stadium with a more so healthy RG3 at the time.
- but we gave him a concussion. (was a clean hit) Good for you guys.
Matt Ryan but up 345 yards.
Gonzalez put up 123 yards and a TD.

Philadelphia Eagles. week 8. 30-17 Okay, stop right there. It's Philly. We blew out Arizona fercrissakes 58-0 and Buffalo 50-17. You beat PHILLY?
now it was after our bye....but it was also after Phillies bye. now of course philly stunk this year, but no one has won a game against reid after he had a bye.

Cowboys. week 9. 19-13
I know they are not in the playoffs. but it was a night game. Seattle 27 Dallas 7. You squeaked past them, we blew them out.
- we had 4 prime time games this year, and have won them.
- we are not the same team in the last 4 years. because in the past we would not win all of our prime time games for the season. And I think we had a failure of preparing for teams.
- - we have been practicing all week, when usually we take off; like a lot of teams do.

Giants. week 15. 34-0 Forty Niners 42-13. Last I checked, Niners were the #2 seed and Giants aren't in the playoffs.
- now the Giants came in knowing they would need to win the game in order to keep a lead on their division.
- Giants were a good team until they got destroyed by us....for some reason LOL
- at times Giants were placed as the #3 team in the power rankings.
- as you can see we destroyed them.

so all in all we are a great team. we may not have a 1600 yard RB, but our WR's, TE make up for that. We have a top 5 D and +13 in turnovers. According to DVOA you have a 14th ranked D, pretty middle of the road. We have the #1 offense and the 10th ranked defense per DVOA.

so what makes you feel like you can beat us in our dome with the crowd noise?
your big games you have won has been at your house. GB, NE, SF
you did beat Chicago as well......even though they are not in the playoffs, they were a notable team.

anyhow I look forward to meeting some of you at the dome. I have heard you have some great fans.
Should be a great game, but if it weren't 10am pacific time, I wouldn't have any doubts that we can beat you guys in Atlanta.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3n7xux8i said:
I hope Dunta Robinson is back for this game. He's a huge liability against the play action. He can and will be burned for a big gainer in this game. Also, William Moore back for the first game in a month *hopefully* means he's rusty, accentuating the possibility for some deep shots down the field on our part.

Just be careful that Dunta doesn't headshot someone during the game. The dude doesn't know how to tackle.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Seahawks fans love the DVOA and stats. The game is played between the hashes and not on paper. Stats and records mean nothing come game time and there are many examples to prove this in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, some stats would suggest Seahawks are the better team. But that is why they play the game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
FOGHORN":2x4t9b4z said:
Seahawks fans love the DVOA and stats. The game is played between the hashes and not on paper. Stats and records mean nothing come game time and there are many examples to prove this in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, some stats would suggest Seahawks are the better team. But that is why they play the game.

You can stop with the game is played between the hashes stuff now. Please.

HawksFan83

Reaction score
Fibonacci -"so what makes you feel like you can beat us in our dome with the crowd noise?
your big games you have won has been at your house. GB, NE, SF
you did beat Chicago as well......even though they are not in the playoffs, they were a notable team."

Honestly, its tuesday, you have 10,000 tickets still available for a home play off game for a number 1 seed, Im not afraid of that dome, or that home crowd. Soldier field is louder and crazier than Atlanta, and those are more supporting fans as well. Were playing in doors, on Turf, our boys are fast as hell on turf, heck we were still fast on that shit hole field at Fed Ex.

The only advantages I think you guys have is your recievers, and a 10 am start time.

It was fun watching Cam Newton run circles around you guys for 2 games.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":fikr4nok said:
FOGHORN":fikr4nok said:

You can stop with the game is played between the hashes stuff now. Please.

The game is played between the hashes. Sorry had to do it. :lol:

CHawks4L

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":23c1uq70 said:
FOGHORN":23c1uq70 said:

Wasn't this thread started by a Falcon fan listing a plethora of pro-Falcon stats???

Axx

Reaction score
Pick your poison in the read option, Marshawn Lynch or Russel Wilson?
Everyone knows that Swag Newton put up 28 and 30 points against the defense with the read option

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
FOGHORN":s5k0mcjb said:

Was I talking to you F-Horn? No. I was responding to the OP who was listing crappy stats to support his theory that we don't have any reason to believe we can beat the Falcons. I pointed out stats that are more relevant and scientifically proven to show his beliefs were unfounded.

WTF you're worthless drivel had to do with that I don't know. Waste of electrons if you ask me.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The only real question in this game is whether Matt Ryan will throw 5 or 6 picks.

The only reason I say this is that we know Atlanta is going to throw the ball. We'll shut down their run game early and that not be an option. When the run is shut down we can put our LBs in zone and take away the middle while leaving man with single over the top help on the outside.

I'm actually really looking forward to the matchups on the outside because I expect that we give up 1 or two big plays and also take away a few. Unfortunately the turf is our advantage, not yours... Lynch runs for 150, Wilson passes for 3 TD.

SEATTLE: 35
ATLANTA: 21

HawksFan83

Reaction score
Our strength is our Run Game, and you guys allow 123 ypg, for 21st in the league. An average of 4.8 yards per rush.

Washington was # 5 in the league only giving up 95 yards on the ground per game, we put up 224 yards on them.

ATL 23rd in the league at Passing D, giving up 242 yards a game avg.

We have the #6 passing D in the league giving up 203 yards per game, and weve gone against Brady, Rogers, Cutler, Romo, Stafford, you can say what you want about those QB's but they can drop 400+ yards on any sunday, and they are all pass happy teams.

You are the #6 passing team in the League, but when you have no ground game thats what you have to rely on, and thats fine, Were built for that.

We have the #1 scoring D in the league 15.5 ppg you guys got 18.7 ppg.

You guys score on AVG 26.2 ppg Seattle scores 25.8, so not much of a difference there, and thats where our D comes in.

We both have the same Turn over ratio so you cant really use that as a superior stat.

CANHawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2p8ywkcq said:
FOGHORN":2p8ywkcq said:

Was I talking to you F-Horn? No. I was responding to the OP who was listing crappy stats to support his theory that we don't have any reason to believe we can beat the Falcons. I pointed out stats that are more relevant and scientifically proven to show his beliefs were unfounded.

WTF you're worthless drivel had to do with that I don't know. Waste of electrons if you ask me.

He just mad because people in the PNW have jobs with companies like Microsoft, Boeing or Electronic Arts and can understand metrics, trends and analitics while people in "The South" still work on tobacco plantations or the aligator farm, wear NASCAR T-Shirts and say things like "daggum".

HawksFan83

Reaction score
Seattles starting secondary last time we played atlanta..... Browner, Trufant, Atari bigby and Thomas.... lol

ensett

Reaction score
HawksFan83":3h5c8n4h said:
Seattles starting secondary last time we played atlanta..... Browner, Trufant, Atari bigby and Thomas.... lol

Dont forget Curry was still a starter too

12evanf

Reaction score
SonicHawk":13c5fz2l said:
The only real question in this game is whether Matt Ryan will throw 5 or 6 picks.

The only reason I say this is that we know Atlanta is going to throw the ball. We'll shut down their run game early and that not be an option. When the run is shut down we can put our LBs in zone and take away the middle while leaving man with single over the top help on the outside.

I'm actually really looking forward to the matchups on the outside because I expect that we give up 1 or two big plays and also take away a few. Unfortunately the turf is our advantage, not yours... Lynch runs for 150, Wilson passes for 3 TD.

SEATTLE: 35
ATLANTA: 21

I agree. ET is gonna have at least 1 pick, I'd bet on it. In fact, I think by half we'll have put our foot on their throats and have a 14 point lead. Our offense will explode this game and Atlanta won't be able to keep up.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
This game could be easily won by both teams. It is going to be a great game, and neither team's fan base knows whats going to happen!