Pick your Poison

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I think someone needs to go back to a Falcons fan board and start a thread called "The game is played between the hashes," then wait patiently for the one reply that says "duh," then listen to crickets chirp until kickoff.

CANHawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2kgwfglg said:
I think someone needs to go back to a Falcons fan board and start a thread called "The game is played between the hashes," then wait patiently for the one reply that says "duh," then listen to crickets chirp until kickoff.

Lol. The entire purpose of an internet message board has never been summed up quite so sarcastically. Well done!

Largent80

Reaction score
Arizona intercepted Ryan 5...FIVE times in one game....I'll take a shot of that poison please.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
CANHawk":3rcjqil6 said:
SalishHawkFan":3rcjqil6 said:
FOGHORN":3rcjqil6 said:
Seahawks fans love the DVOA and stats. The game is played between the hashes and not on paper. Stats and records mean nothing come game time and there are many examples to prove this in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, some stats would suggest Seahawks are the better team. But that is why they play the game.
Was I talking to you F-Horn? No. I was responding to the OP who was listing crappy stats to support his theory that we don't have any reason to believe we can beat the Falcons. I pointed out stats that are more relevant and scientifically proven to show his beliefs were unfounded.

WTF you're worthless drivel had to do with that I don't know. Waste of electrons if you ask me.

He just mad because people in the PNW have jobs with companies like Microsoft, Boeing or Electronic Arts and can understand metrics, trends and analitics while people in "The South" still work on tobacco plantations or the aligator farm, wear NASCAR T-Shirts and say things like "daggum".

And some posters said the Redskin fans were classless. My wife actually works at Boeing in Houston,Tx and I am currently employed by the Shell Oil Corporation as a chemical engineer. But carry on with stereotypes.

With all of your studying in metrics I guess they forgot to teach you spelling and etymology. "Alligator" and "analytic" for future reference.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
Atlanta is a very good team, but off a bye, with too much time to prepare, and the pressure of the world on their shoulders. This Seahawks team is not a great team, and they make rook mistakes. We have seen a number of issues this season. What they are is young team with a bucket load of young players who at this point think they are a great team.. It would be better to face any other more skilled team now than this group with what they think now. What they think matters more than anything else, and they think they will kick the crap out of Atlanta.

There is some nasty headed your way.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
What a surprise... Fans from the other team's board showed up, start the conversation off by saying how respectful they are, that they don't want smack and they all do the same thing. In every case, they try to sell us their victory in an argument of stats and record. When countered by opinion, they argue back some other meaningless factoid, never giving up. Seemingly posting with the desire of hearing that one opposing fan agree with their assesment and fear their perfect team. It all comes with the insecurity of being the fan of a team that cannot win a playoff game under their current head coach and franchise Quarterback.

HOLY SHIT. I just looked at their schedule...

Dear NFL Schedule Gods,

I would just like to thank you for providing my favorite team, the Seahawks the easiest path via road games to get through the playoffs. I know you aren't guaranteeing a win (Well OK, maybe you are, but I don't want to appear disrespectful to any Falcon fans who might read this letter) but you are however giving us the best chance the Seahawks could possibly ask for. It is not often a team comes up in a playoff game and leaves you thinking "Gravy" so I will cherish this gift for many years. I understand that there is nothing you can do about the Conference Championship game and that you ran out of pretenders to grant playoff spots to. All that is left if you take away Atlanta are good teams.

I now understand the reasons that you did not schedule Atlanta to play against any of the other playoff teams left, where those three have all played each other.

Respectfully yours,

LoafOfTatupu.

rideaducati

Reaction score
FOGHORN":3vw4rxj2 said:
@ rideaducati. . .Have you watched more than 3 Falcons games this year? I like how you tell others not to speak in absolutes all the while creating a post inundated with them.

Love it.

I have actually watched most of their games. Not really impressed. They don't score a lot of points against average defenses but they haven't played many defenses that are even average. The defenses that were average that they have played came along with the worst offenses in the league.

CANHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":2jle9fvr said:
SalishHawkFan":2jle9fvr said:
FOGHORN":2jle9fvr said:
Seahawks fans love the DVOA and stats. The game is played between the hashes and not on paper. Stats and records mean nothing come game time and there are many examples to prove this in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, some stats would suggest Seahawks are the better team. But that is why they play the game.
Was I talking to you F-Horn? No. I was responding to the OP who was listing crappy stats to support his theory that we don't have any reason to believe we can beat the Falcons. I pointed out stats that are more relevant and scientifically proven to show his beliefs were unfounded.

WTF you're worthless drivel had to do with that I don't know. Waste of electrons if you ask me.

He just mad because people in the PNW have jobs with companies like Microsoft, Boeing or Electronic Arts and can understand metrics, trends and analitics while people in "The South" still work on tobacco plantations or the aligator farm, wear NASCAR T-Shirts and say things like "daggum".
FOGHORN":2jle9fvr said:
And some posters said the Redskin fans were classless. My wife actually works at Boeing in Houston,Tx and I am currently employed by the Shell Oil Corporation as a chemical engineer. But carry on with stereotypes.

With all of your studying in metrics I guess they forgot to teach you spelling and etymology. "Alligator" and "analytic" for future reference.

Oh don't be so sensitive. I say something about buck teeth and moonshine, then you're supposed to say something about grunge music and suicide, then I say something about Nascar and kissing your cousin, then you say something about coffee and rain..... Haven't you ever played this game before?

Largent80

Reaction score
They lost 2 of their last 4 including the last game to a crappy Buc team. They almost lost at home to AZ. who was on a huge losing streak and started Lindley at QB. 5 interceptions and a fumble.

Beat a reeling Giants team, and Detroit (also reeling).

They have not faced a team like ours period. And that is hardly going into the playoffs on a roll like we are. We have won 6 straight, 3 of those on the road. And one against "the best team in the league" in SF in blowout fashion.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
@CanHawk. . . It's all good. Hard to tell when people kid, as a message board cannot simulate voice inflections. Plus I really don't want to get banned from here. I like this place and I was briefed by a very nice moderator of your very strict CoC.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I did not read the 5 pages of posts but Gonzales is the guy who scares me

mikeak

Reaction score
You know in the defense of the Atlanta fans - I have seen some very nice thought out posts here that just because they SHOCKINGLY think their team will win are rudely put down by Seahawks fans as gibberish so in the end you get a non nice back and forth.

Not surprised but a few people on both sides of the fences are bringing up great information which is fun to read

Example - the FIRST, SECOND and THIRD reply to the OP that laid out his teams numbers were all just Falcons can't win in the playoffs ........

very thought out posts

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
CHawks4L":e7rifnp0 said:
How are we gonna win?

Well the Falcons have an outstanding passing game, and some great DB play, but aside from that, they are unbalanced. Running offense and running defense are your weaknesses. They do play consistent though and have a knack for winning tight games.

The Seahawks are balanced on both sides. We use that to control the game. We don't care about yardage stats, our emphasis is time of possession and turnovers, which yields points for and against. If your offense is sitting on the bench, well it will be a lot easier for us to contain it. If you stack the run, we'll have no problem exploiting it with the same formations and personnel in a very effective and efficient passing game. Atlanta has never stopped a read option QB because RGIII was concussed after he only had a single carry.

The Hawks will play a field position battle all day, tire you out with physical play and simply beat you up and win it in the 4th. You guys might have a huge advantage in firepower and home run type threats, but you'll strike out on several possessions. While you swing for the fences, the Hawks will slap base hits making it a greater chance for victory.

I don't think there is a clear cut favorite here, two different styles... we'll see what happens on Sunday, but as long as the Hawks can be ready to play early morning come Sunday, I feel very confident about the result. Seahawks 24- Falcons 18
first what passing game are you speaking of. I see one guy who has 900 yards, the other has 800, the third has 400. (Rodgers our RB has more yards then your number three probably).
second. we are the reason RG3 was concused. before the game he had two great legs and a good head. before he left the game we were winning. (when he left y'alls game, y'all were losing) (when y'all faced him, he was 1 leg with an idiot coach)

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
HawksFan83":1aykbesy said:
Fibonacci -"so what makes you feel like you can beat us in our dome with the crowd noise?
your big games you have won has been at your house. GB, NE, SF
you did beat Chicago as well......even though they are not in the playoffs, they were a notable team."

Honestly, its tuesday, you have 10,000 tickets still available for a home play off game for a number 1 seed, Im not afraid of that dome, or that home crowd. Soldier field is louder and crazier than Atlanta, and those are more supporting fans as well. Were playing in doors, on Turf, our boys are fast as hell on turf, heck we were still fast on that shit hole field at Fed Ex.

The only advantages I think you guys have is your recievers, and a 10 am start time.

It was fun watching Cam Newton run circles around you guys for 2 games.
where you getting it is not sold out?
the only tickets that were available were single seats. and a lot of those tickets are for resale....and I doubt they'll be sold.
72,000 fans will be there; yes some will be seahwaks. I do not see y'all as a travel team like cowboys and green bay. I honestly think maybe just 5000 will be there....maybe 10,000 at most.
I just checked ticketmaster to double check this. if you are looking at stubhub, ebay, craigslist, etc./.....you have to realize the tickets were already purchased inorder to be on those sites. and you can find tickets like that a lot to many games.

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
SonicHawk":34hvbscw said:
The only real question in this game is whether Matt Ryan will throw 5 or 6 picks.

The only reason I say this is that we know Atlanta is going to throw the ball. We'll shut down their run game early and that not be an option. When the run is shut down we can put our LBs in zone and take away the middle while leaving man with single over the top help on the outside.

I'm actually really looking forward to the matchups on the outside because I expect that we give up 1 or two big plays and also take away a few. Unfortunately the turf is our advantage, not yours... Lynch runs for 150, Wilson passes for 3 TD.

SEATTLE: 35
ATLANTA: 21
funny...acually to funny you say 5 picks. +1. that is always a concern with throwing it so much.

if you want to see what that is like go watch the cardinals and falcons game.
- they have a top passing D like yours.
- they intercepted matt 5 freaking times. I mean wow. really honestly wow.
- - just want to say WOW again.

yet Ryan managed to throw 300+ yards and we won the game some how. so there you have it, that is what happens when you pick us off 5 times. :p

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
HawksFan83":3kct8jzx said:
Our strength is our Run Game, and you guys allow 123 ypg, for 21st in the league. An average of 4.8 yards per rush.

Washington was # 5 in the league only giving up 95 yards on the ground per game, we put up 224 yards on them.

ATL 23rd in the league at Passing D, giving up 242 yards a game avg.

We have the #6 passing D in the league giving up 203 yards per game, and weve gone against Brady, Rogers, Cutler, Romo, Stafford, you can say what you want about those QB's but they can drop 400+ yards on any sunday, and they are all pass happy teams.

You are the #6 passing team in the League, but when you have no ground game thats what you have to rely on, and thats fine, Were built for that.

We have the #1 scoring D in the league 15.5 ppg you guys got 18.7 ppg.

You guys score on AVG 26.2 ppg Seattle scores 25.8, so not much of a difference there, and thats where our D comes in.

We both have the same Turn over ratio so you cant really use that as a superior stat.
agreed on thos e QB's. we faced stafford as well. honestly I am shocked we held johnson with no TD's....but man did he kill us with 220+ yards.

overall with the rest you said. thanks

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
CANHawk":23we4dg3 said:
SalishHawkFan":23we4dg3 said:
FOGHORN":23we4dg3 said:

hey I say dag nam. is that to close to daggum, twinkle twilight fans? :p

EDIT: I really hope you know I am just messing with you and do not take offense to this. if you do....then I take back what I said about ray edwards and you should get him ASAP and trade us Irvin for Turner

morgulon1

Reaction score
Largent80":du8eib7r said:
In case you didn't notice we have won all 3 of our recent road games. Also, we were down 14-0 in the middle of the first quarter on the road on a field called a pasture by everyone that has seen it/played on it. We scored 24 unanswered points to win the game

We played in a dome for over 20 years, the fast track suits our defense to a tee. We have probably the best secondary in football. You beat us last year when most were rookies. They now play as a team.

We have a dynamic quarterback that will tire out your defense with both his arm and his legs. He doesn't make many mistakes and knows how to win games. In fact, he won the first playoff game he appeared in.

We also have a bruising RB that is also quick ....he is......A BEAST.

I like our chances quite frankly.

Yeah but, yeah but,...Hey we gave up a million draft picks for julio jones. We have "Matty Ice" (stupid name btw)
Yeah but, yeah we had the wrong coordinators, thats why we got dominated the last three years in the post season.

Russell Wilson has won more play off games than Matty Ice.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
I feel bad for Atlanta. They have a good team and a great season, but in the seahawks they have drawn the toughest match-up they could get as a first seed.

Their defense is fast, so fast they look like somebody hit the fast forward button, but this defense will not be able to stop lynch or the play action. Their offense is expectacular, two true number one receivers able to get yards after the carry and star slots and tight ends. This normally gives them a huge advantage as opponents don't have enough top CBs to match up with them and they exploit them. Their best shot at exposing the Seahawks is going to be going at Browner, that is pretty tough luck.

Atlanta will never be out of the game, the way they play they are always a pass away from a touchdown. But if they don't blow out the seahawks in the first two quarters they are going to feel like this game is the stuff of nightmares. The seahawks are going to send them home with something to think about for the off-season.

morgulon1

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3kemqpi4 said:
What a surprise... Fans from the other team's board showed up, start the conversation off by saying how respectful they are, that they don't want smack and they all do the same thing. In every case, they try to sell us their victory in an argument of stats and record. When countered by opinion, they argue back some other meaningless factoid, never giving up. Seemingly posting with the desire of hearing that one opposing fan agree with their assesment and fear their perfect team. It all comes with the insecurity of being the fan of a team that cannot win a playoff game under their current head coach and franchise Quarterback.

HOLY SHIT. I just looked at their schedule...

Dear NFL Schedule Gods,

I would just like to thank you for providing my favorite team, the Seahawks the easiest path via road games to get through the playoffs. I know you aren't guaranteeing a win (Well OK, maybe you are, but I don't want to appear disrespectful to any Falcon fans who might read this letter) but you are however giving us the best chance the Seahawks could possibly ask for. It is not often a team comes up in a playoff game and leaves you thinking "Gravy" so I will cherish this gift for many years. I understand that there is nothing you can do about the Conference Championship game and that you ran out of pretenders to grant playoff spots to. All that is left if you take away Atlanta are good teams.

I now understand the reasons that you did not schedule Atlanta to play against any of the other playoff teams left, where those three have all played each other.

Respectfully yours,

LoafOfTatupu.

But they have "Matttttttyyyyy Iccccceeeeee' .. Opie Taylor lookin MFer.

Latest posts