Pete Carroll

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fsvua4wz said:
Can't wait to see the Hawks beat a very good Chargers team on Sunday. Only to come on here on Monday and have Pitt tell us all that the Chargers suck. And, that we will know who we are in the next few games.
:2thumbs:

Maybe next time.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":32m1cvae said:
SoulfishHawk":32m1cvae said:
Can't wait to see the Hawks beat a very good Chargers team on Sunday. Only to come on here on Monday and have Pitt tell us all that the Chargers suck. And, that we will know who we are in the next few games.
:2thumbs:

Maybe next time.
Got eeeeeem

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Feel better? Congrats, you were right about the team LOSING.
My team lost, it sucks. If you feel good about being right about predicting a Loss, have at it.
I chose to believe, I was wrong. I'll take that over negative nancy crap every day of the week.
Meh, on to next week.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I'm disappointed.

You forget that a point of this board is not just discourse but to vent.

But we hadn't really been tested during our run. Every time we were tested, we lost before.

This one is different. I think with a healthy Carson we might have pulled it out. But I have some problems with how we approached our offense anyway. That 3rd and 24 we just conceded pretty much told me what I needed to know. But the biggest indicator was scoring a single TD in the first half. When you do that, you will lose to the good teams.

We don't have our great defense anymore. You cannot win games you score less than league average in against the good teams.

It doesn't matter though. We are still going to finish with at least a .500 record.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, venting is what gets me thru. It is what it is. They played like dog crap. Didn't expect that at all.
On to next week. Still sticking to my 9-7 prediction, but this team is what it is. Going to look very good one week, and not so good the next. Depending on the injury situation with Fluker, Mcdougald and Carson. We start losing those guys, then all bets are off. It's what many of us expected this year, a team that could win anywhere from 7-10 games, but more so in that 8-8, 9-7 range. As long as we see improvement as the year goes on, it's all good. This team SHOULD be very good next year. And you make a very good point about Carson, as much as I want to just say "we're ok, we have Davis" it's just obvious that Carson is a much better back. The strange thing is that they start the game out with a beauty of a drive that eats up 8 minutes plus. One of the best drives of the season. And you're thinking "damn, this team is just rolling" etc. And then you pretty much see nothing out of the offense for a good part of the rest of the game.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21iqwrba said:
My team lost, it sucks. If you feel good about being right about predicting a Loss, have at it.
I chose to believe, I was wrong. I'll take that over negative nancy crap every day of the week.
Meh, on to next week.

Soul, its not about the losing (I wanted to win yesterday too), its more about being fooled that this is a good team. Like somebody else said on this board, beating up on bad teams is 'Fool's Gold'. We still havent beaten a good team yet and we have a string of games coming up against a bunch of them. We just arent there yet and thats what I was pointing out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, I'm too tired and bummed to argue. But yes, this team is obviously going to be up and down all year, and it's just a reality I'm having a hard time getting used to. Still think we go 9-7 IF we stay healthy.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3kfo2ouu said:
Fair enough, I'm too tired and bummed to argue. But yes, this team is obviously going to be up and down all year, and it's just a reality I'm having a hard time getting used to. Still think we go 9-7 IF we stay healthy.

Beer

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":rrd7uq1r said:
SoulfishHawk":rrd7uq1r said:
Meh, on to next week.

Soul, its not about the losing (I wanted to win yesterday too), its more about being fooled that this is a good team. Like somebody else said on this board, beating up on bad teams is 'Fool's Gold'. We still havent beaten a good team yet and we have a string of games coming up against a bunch of them. We just arent there yet and thats what I was pointing out.

This condescending pandering is as foolish but far narrower than anyone who chooses to believe that the team they root for is good, has a chance to win, and wants to stay in that as long as possible.

That abundant ignorance that supports such arrogance as thinking that because people think the team is good somehow means they are not aware of the weaknesses is what fuels posts like these after a loss.

Its the internet version of "i told you" when something doesnt work. Taking advantage of the very healthy ability to hope and support is so low that it surprises me the amount of times you continue to do it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, we've been back and forth on this over and over again. I don't understand the I told you so stuff, he doesn't understand my positive outlook. It likely will never change.
Think I might just step back and take a few days off from the page. I love it here, but at the same time, this pouncing on the team after a loss is getting real old. After what we saw the previous 5 weeks, there was no reason to doubt that the team is pretty good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cool, that's about all we can do after that poop show yesterday. My wife put it perfectly during the game "they ALL look bad today" She doesn't say much at the games, but that is accurate.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Si,

That isn't fair at all.

Sometimes I feel you think that people who take the opposing side of this argument are just bitter and want to complain/lose.

As I said before, the point is venting. Admittedly, maybe we just need a separate thread just for venting so it does not cough all over the other threads. But if you cannot control the issue, the human instinct is still going to be to want to do SOMETHING. The only something you can do is vent and watch to see the outcome (like that Romo commercial with the Corona).

There is no glee here. Frankly, with a healthy Carson and referees that fairly call the game, we probably win. It does not change that we are seeing a team that is built to win more than it loses, but not really built to compete in the playoffs.

Earlier? Yes, wanted Pete gone. I knew what he could do with this roster and wanted to see what someone else with a more offensive oriented mindset could do. With Pete, you know you are getting a better defense than your roster says you should have and a worse offense. With our best players mostly on offense, I would have liked to what a coach that did the opposite could do. And with a great owner with a good process? We might have done that. But with Allen gone, that door closed.

We have Pete. That is the horse we are riding, for better or worse. Any coach we get after him will most assuredly be worse.

Also, this is one game. We have the Vikings (We are not beating the Rams without Carson...) and Packers. Both look mortal. Very good teams but beatable. I still think we have the horses to beat the good teams, but it is not on defense. We are no longer a great team. Just a good team. The issue is less the team than the expectations.

But I still feel that watching us run Davis twice in a row wasn't doing us any favors. And draws on 3rd and 24 are just the mental equivalent of a delayed punt. So yes, venting about that makes sense.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Uncle Si":x471r6be said:
pittpnthrs":x471r6be said:
SoulfishHawk":x471r6be said:
Meh, on to next week.

This condescending pandering is as foolish but far narrower than anyone who chooses to believe that the team they root for is good, has a chance to win, and wants to stay in that as long as possible.

That abundant ignorance that supports such arrogance as thinking that because people think the team is good somehow means they are not aware of the weaknesses is what fuels posts like these after a loss.

Its the internet version of "i told you" when something doesnt work. Taking advantage of the very healthy ability to hope and support is so low that it surprises me the amount of times you continue to do it.

If the 'I told you' is pointing out how being a fan can blind some people with their perception of their favorite team, then yeah, I guess it is. This team was being proclaimed as a very 'Good' team before yesterdays game and I posted that it was too early for such claims because we havent beaten anybody of any substance yet, but that didnt seem to matter. Well, here we are. Its pretty clear, the team is middle of the road from their record and the obvious eye test.

If Seattle won and the shoe was on the other foot, I bet that would have been just fine.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1x26xmh7 said:
Cool, that's about all we can do after that poop show yesterday. My wife put it perfectly during the game "they ALL look bad today" She doesn't say much at the games, but that is accurate.

Yeah, it was a combined effort and not just one area.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":9lo4257g said:
Si,

That isn't fair at all.

Sometimes I feel you think that people who take the opposing side of this argument are just bitter and want to complain/lose.

As I said before, the point is venting. Admittedly, maybe we just need a separate thread just for venting so it does not cough all over the other threads. But if you cannot control the issue, the human instinct is still going to be to want to do SOMETHING. The only something you can do is vent and watch to see the outcome (like that Romo commercial with the Corona).

There is no glee here. Frankly, with a healthy Carson and referees that fairly call the game, we probably win. It does not change that we are seeing a team that is built to win more than it loses, but not really built to compete in the playoffs.

Earlier? Yes, wanted Pete gone. I knew what he could do with this roster and wanted to see what someone else with a more offensive oriented mindset could do. With Pete, you know you are getting a better defense than your roster says you should have and a worse offense. With our best players mostly on offense, I would have liked to what a coach that did the opposite could do. And with a great owner with a good process? We might have done that. But with Allen gone, that door closed.

We have Pete. That is the horse we are riding, for better or worse. Any coach we get after him will most assuredly be worse.

Also, this is one game. We have the Vikings (We are not beating the Rams without Carson...) and Packers. Both look mortal. Very good teams but beatable. I still think we have the horses to beat the good teams, but it is not on defense. We are no longer a great team. Just a good team. The issue is less the team than the expectations.

But I still feel that watching us run Davis twice in a row wasn't doing us any favors. And draws on 3rd and 24 are just the mental equivalent of a delayed punt. So yes, venting about that makes sense.

Tenor

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1bqzkmmp said:
Si,

That isn't fair at all.

Is venting rolling thread to thread to make the same disparaging, condescending posts?

I understand venting. Its also quite apparent and easy to discern repetition for the sake of pandering to the lowest common denominator. But he knew what he was doing.

For the rest of your post... yeah, i agree.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3j5f29zs said:
Sgt. Largent":3j5f29zs said:
pittpnthrs":3j5f29zs said:
Vikings will end up being the best team in that division when the dust clears, but they are finding themselves right now with Cousins and they still beat the teams they should for the most part (Bills game was an anomaly). They will be hard to beat.

Again weird that you'll give other teams a pass but don't extend the same generosity to your own team?

NO ONE who watched the Hawks game and Vikings game this past weekend would say that the Vikings look like a better team than the Hawks at this point in the season. Two straight losses at home, one to arguably the worst team in the league, and the Saints made them look like they didn't even belong on the same field.

What are you expecting or want me to say, that I think the Seahawks are awesome and going to the Super Bowl or something? Sorry I hold the Vikings in a higher esteem than Seattle right now. Losing to the Saints is a bad showing? My God, they are 6-1 right now. How about Seattle barely beating the Cardinals? Vikings did a lot better against them than we did. We lost to the Broncos who are wretched this year. We beat up on the worst team in the league in the Raiders (not arguably) and beat the hapless Cowboys. Our best showing this year is barely losing to the Rams (something the Vikings have also done) and beating a Lions team that seems to be packing it in already this season. All i'm asking is for Seattle to beat a decent team before I label them good or on those lines. Is that so bad? If they win 2 or 3 out of their next 4 games then yes, I will look at them in a different light. Until then, prove something first.

Just skipping the Bills game then?