No more MVP for Russ.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's very capable of the short passing game. The short passing game has helped them win games this season, especially when the Pass blocking is brutal. Look at the Niners game, the quick passing game was huge in winning that night. The long passes are a big part of this offense, but that offense is plenty capable of dinking and dunking.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":95vgp51m said:
Wilson has been the MVP for the Hawks for 8 seasons ; but it's also a popularity contest ; and Wilson isn't popular around the league . He will probably never win it . As far as his play goes he is not as " money " as he used to be . Maybe he can't take 40 or 50 sacks anymore . It all must take a toll . Who knows ?

Wilson's one of the most popular players in the league, in both fan popularity and media popularity.

So not sure where you get this opinion. He WAS leading the MVP buzz until week 8 or 9 when he tailed off a little and Lamar had a couple big high profile games against the Patriots and Rams, and even after last night Russell's still top 3 for MVP.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xgeqr7jh said:
He's very capable of the short passing game. The short passing game has helped them win games this season, especially when the Pass blocking is brutal. Look at the Niners game, the quick passing game was huge in winning that night. The long passes are a big part of this offense, but that offense is plenty capable of dinking and dunking.
I agree he can do the short passing game and was earlier in year with
fast darts but we aren't seeing that now.
Spin pointed out he isn't seeing open WR's in the middle underneath.
He hasn't been himself for last 3-4 games..I'm wondering if maybe
there is too much going on outside of football that is taking away his
focus..I mean damn I've been good on him so far but he's gotta wake
up!We can't piss away anymore games as the seeds are so close.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Focus has never been a problem for Russ. A crap O Line and guys not getting open and dropping passes on the other hand...….
And yes, he needs to play better, as does the entire team as a whole.

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":nvtpsp3f said:
Focus has never been a problem for Russ. A crap O Line and guys not getting open and dropping passes on the other hand...….
And yes, he needs to play better, as does the entire team as a whole.
Yep...a crap OL will have 30 NFL teams watching the SB with the rest of us . IMO

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":ebreeqxo said:
LJ has significantly more TDs than Wilson, more overall yardage and only one more interception, similar completion percentage. It is LJ's award to lose at this point.

It's a 2-horse race with about a lengths lead for LJ. Both horses are fading into the home stretch. If Wilson can keep pace over the next two weeks, and deliver a statement game against the Niners, recency bias can deliver the win.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Scorpion05":3f6dkzvl said:
His ball placement is fine. He's been uncomfortable in the pocket since Britt has been injured.

Scorpion, I think the emboldened could be key not only to Russ falling off but also to some of the problem with how our O Line is playing. Importance of the center position is way under recognized.