Just Our Luck (Aaron Rodgers tests positive)

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30o17vl5 said:
They absolutely knew. They just chose to do nothing about it. This isn't a secret.

I don't think it's clear at all. Here's an article that would suggest that the league didn't know, that Rodgers had deceived them:

“He was deliberately and flagrantly violating COVID policies to create the impression that he’s vaccinated,” Florio writes of Rodgers. “He deliberately violated COVID protocols in order to keep secret his status — in order to avoid being criticized.

If that is accurate and Rodgers was intentionally misleading the league, fans and maybe even his team about his vaccination status, he could be out well past Weeks 9 or 10, as it is hard to believe the NFL wouldn’t hit him with a suspension of some sort. Tom Brady missed four games for allegedly deflating footballs. What would Rodgers get?

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/ ... vaccinated

Do you have any evidence that the league had prior knowledge of Rodgers' vaccination status?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
there are plenty of other articles that say they did

We can agree to disagree on it. Rodgers knew, the team knew and the league know. Just my opinion. And yes, it's no secret I can't stand this POS.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1sjmylkm said:
there are plenty of other articles that say they did

We can agree to disagree on it. Rodgers knew, the team knew and the league know. Just my opinion. And yes, it's no secret I can't stand this POS.

If there are plenty of articles that say they did, then it should be too hard for you to find one and post here.

I found another article about the league's prior knowledge:

"The primary responsibility for enforcement of the COVID protocols within club facilities rests with each club," the NFL said. "Failure to properly enforce the protocols has resulted in discipline being assessed against individual clubs in the past. The league is aware of the current situation in Green Bay and will be reviewing the matter with the Packers."

It's also worth noting the league appeared to know of Rodgers' unvaccinated status, considering he applied for — and was denied — an exemption from league COVID-19 protocols for unvaccinated players.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... qj5d53rqw7

You can argue that if the league didn't know that they should have put two and two together and figured it out, but I don't see a smoking gun that proves conclusively that they knew.

And for the record, I can't stand that POS Rodgers, either, and hope that they come down on him like a ton of bricks.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2jjx9iyg said:
True, but I'm also working. Just haven't had time to look. But I get your point.

No sweat, man. I'm not getting on your case about it or trying to back you into a corner.

I truly would like to know if teams are required to advise the league which players are vaccinated and which are not or if it is left entirely up to the team to police it. It makes a difference in our perception of the league, if they are treating some teams/players differently than others. If they knew and chose to do nothing, then it would be proof positive that a huge bias does exist and that fans like us should be raising holy hell about it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
oldhawkfan":d3f9kwzg said:
A win is a win. According to the late great Chuck Knox, "you play the hand you're dealt." Their are no asterisks next to wins or losses.

Except for SB40*

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1w6h27o4 said:
The league has a huge opportunity to do the right thing here. He should be suspended.

Agreed. They'll likely wait until he's eligible to play again, but I don't see any other alternative. No only was Rodgers flaunting the protocols, he was actively deceiving the league and his fans into thinking that he was vaccinated. They fined Beast for not showing up at a press conference, intentionally lying in them should carry a hefty fine and suspension.

The Packers need to be held accountable as well.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
I feel like I saw a few articles, or at least tweets, saying the league has just been considering him unvaccinated all season. Goodell will probably put the hammer down on the Packers to draw attention away from himself.

EDIT: here are a few:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/325 ... ource-says

The NFL has considered Rodgers as unvaccinated since the start of the season, sources confirmed to ESPN and as first reported by NFL Network.

https://twitter.com/rvacchianosny/statu ... 45548?s=21

The evidence against the Packers is very strong. The NFL implies discipline is coming.

Weird, though. Aaron Rodgers was flaunting the protocols in the open. League knew he was unvaccinated. Surely they had enough to enforce their rules much sooner.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1duivh7e said:
I wanted to be wrong about the guy. But with the game on the line, we saw exactly what he is. Average.

Calling Geno "average" is being nice. I really wanted to give him a chance, but he looks like someone who needs considerable development time, rather than a 31-year-old on his fourth team in his ninth season.

Anyone see what Mike White did last week for the Jets against the Bengals? Between he and Geno, who looked like the QB making his first career start, and who has looked like the QB with 34 career starts under his belt?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rat":rsjcsja0 said:
I feel like I saw a few articles, or at least tweets, saying the league has just been considering him unvaccinated all season. Goodell will probably put the hammer down on the Packers to draw attention away from himself.

EDIT: here are a few:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/325 ... ource-says

The NFL has considered Rodgers as unvaccinated since the start of the season, sources confirmed to ESPN and as first reported by NFL Network.

https://twitter.com/rvacchianosny/statu ... 45548?s=21

The evidence against the Packers is very strong. The NFL implies discipline is coming.

Weird, though. Aaron Rodgers was flaunting the protocols in the open. League knew he was unvaccinated. Surely they had enough to enforce their rules much sooner.

That does change things a bit, but it's still trying to put two and two together. As far as I know, the league does not require teams to tell them which players are vaccinated and which are not, and they have said that they rely on individual teams to enforce the protocols.

That doesn't mean that I'm excusing the league. It's becoming more clear that they chose to ignore the problem, hoping that it would go away. After seeing Rodgers perform in person news conferences w/o a mask, someone at the league office should have picked up the phone and called the Packers and found out, in Vince Lombardi's words, "what the hell is going on out there?!"

harryjohnson

Reaction score
chris98251":ry8pai3e said:
ArlosSpecial":ry8pai3e said:
A_Biased_Fan":ry8pai3e said:
ArlosSpecial":ry8pai3e said:
Hypothetically speaking if Rodgers happens to somehow miss our game I say we rock with Geno and rest Wilson's finger one more week. It looked swollen as all get out in that photo

I say hell no, if Russell can make all the throws he needs to, he should be out there. The Packers are still a very talented team minus Rodgers. Geno has only had the offense humming against the league's worst team. We can't give away any more winnable games.
On the flip side if he does play and his swollen finger hinders his ability to spin the ball we might see some ugly passes. Hope I'm wrong guy. At any rate Geno balled his nutts off in Wilson's absence I'm glad he's our back up.

He wants to play sure, but it's also ego, Geno playing well is great for the Seahawks and fans, not so great for Wilson if Geno shows he can be successful, reduces his leverage a lot.

LOL. Geno Smith is a back up. RW is a HOF QB. Get real.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Successful? He lost 3 in a row with ball in hand. Then beat one of the worst teams in the league.
IF he beats a team with a winning record, or plays well when it counts? Then I will say he's playing well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RiverDog":3f6j40q7 said:
SoulfishHawk":3f6j40q7 said:
They absolutely knew. They just chose to do nothing about it. This isn't a secret.

I don't think it's clear at all. Here's an article that would suggest that the league didn't know, that Rodgers had deceived them:

“He was deliberately and flagrantly violating COVID policies to create the impression that he’s vaccinated,” Florio writes of Rodgers. “He deliberately violated COVID protocols in order to keep secret his status — in order to avoid being criticized.

If that is accurate and Rodgers was intentionally misleading the league, fans and maybe even his team about his vaccination status, he could be out well past Weeks 9 or 10, as it is hard to believe the NFL wouldn’t hit him with a suspension of some sort. Tom Brady missed four games for allegedly deflating footballs. What would Rodgers get?

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/ ... vaccinated

Do you have any evidence that the league had prior knowledge of Rodgers' vaccination status?

From what I've read, the NFL requires the team to know the exact vaccination status of every player, and holds the team responsible for making sure their players are following the protocols.

So like everything else that pertains to Rodgers, the Packers allowed Rodgers to do whatever the hell he wants to do to keep him happy.

The Packers knew he wasn't vaccinated, and still allowed him to not wear masks indoors, fly on the team plane, do interviews without a mask, etc.

They should be heavily fined and even have draft picks taken away.

Rodgers? Idk how he's going to be held responsible. He told the Packers what he did (crazy homeopathic covid treatments), so not sure how he's going to face any discipline.........other than being a douche flaunting his rule breaking.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3we0pne9 said:
Rodgers? Idk how he's going to be held responsible. He told the Packers what he did (crazy homeopathic covid treatments), so not sure how he's going to face any discipline.........other than being a douche flaunting his rule breaking.

I have a feeling Jake From State Farm is going to switch from giving out the Rodgers Rate to the Russell Rollback.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
cymatica":18i8vf5x said:
hawker84":18i8vf5x said:
Unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing how this team stacked up against a real playoff contender.

On another note, of course Roger's is out for covid. Why would anyone think he'd do what's best for his teammates and fanbase and get vaccinated. Once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

Since the vaccine does not prevent anyone from spreading it, and natural immunity works much better than a vaccine that dramatically loses efficacy after a few months, the only douchebags are those that insist someone takes a medical product so they can watch their precious sports games.

You missed the boat here bud. But it looks like you’ve missed a lot of boats huh?

Whether he’s vaccinated or not he’s supposed to follow NFL protocol for his vaccination status. Basically you get a stupid card and they make life much harder for you. This is going to cause some problems for the Packers and Mr Rogers.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":cluv8s5b said:

If he didn't outright lie in his press conference, he was damn sure intentionally deceitful, not being at all sincere with the press and with the fans. The NFL treats those press conferences like they're some sort of religious experience. They fined Beast just for not showing up to them, insisted that women reporters be allowed in locker rooms to attend them, and so on. I would think that lying in them like that would draw at least a very stiff fine if not a suspension. Plus he was flaunting the league's protocols when he was specifically told that his exemption was denied by not wearing a mask at the pressers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RiverDog":3imk344q said:
Sgt. Largent":3imk344q said:

If he didn't outright lie in his press conference, he was damn sure intentionally deceitful, not being at all sincere with the press and with the fans. The NFL treats those press conferences like they're some sort of religious experience. They fined Beast just for not showing up to them, insisted that women reporters be allowed in locker rooms to attend them, and so on. I would think that lying in them like that would draw at least a very stiff fine if not a suspension. Plus he was flaunting the league's protocols when he was specifically told that his exemption was denied by not wearing a mask at the pressers.

Again, his team AND the league both knew he wasn't vaccinated. So not sure why it matters what he said to the press, there was more than enough information and knowledge of his unvaccinated status for the Packers to make sure he followed the VERY clear covid protocols.

But they didn't, because they've been afraid of Aaron Rodgers for a decade, and have allowed him to do whatever he wants to keep him in GB.

Yes, he's guilty of being a selfish rule breaking disingenuous douche. Other than that, not sure what the league can do to him directly. The rules clearly state that it's the club's responsibility to make sure their players are following protocols, not the players themselves.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":158c3my2 said:
natural immunity works much better than a vaccine that dramatically loses efficacy after a few months, the only douchebags are those that insist someone takes a medical product so they can watch their precious sports games.
Simply UNTRUE ^^ :141847_bnono: