Just Our Luck (Aaron Rodgers tests positive)

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1h2ujh7f said:
Welshers":1h2ujh7f said:
. The earliest Rodgers can rejoin the team is Nov. 13 -- the day before their Week 10 matchup against the Seahawks.

Per nfl.com...

I am a little behind here. Did he really lie about being vaxxed? If so, shouldn't he be suspended and fined? Evander Kane of the Sharks in the NHL did, and he got the book thrown at him.

Based on what has come out so far, it appears he didn't lie as much as he was purposely misleading. He technically said he was "immunized". The inference with that, especially in the context of where it came from, is he's vaccinated, but what he meant was that he claims to have natural immunity, or something like that. The bigger issue is all the evidence coming out that he was ignoring league COVID protocols.

cymatica

Reaction score
hawker84":1teuafa8 said:
cymatica":1teuafa8 said:
hawker84":1teuafa8 said:
Unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing how this team stacked up against a real playoff contender.

On another note, of course Roger's is out for covid. Why would anyone think he'd do what's best for his teammates and fanbase and get vaccinated. Once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

Since the vaccine does not prevent anyone from spreading it, and natural immunity works much better than a vaccine that dramatically loses efficacy after a few months, the only douchebags are those that insist someone takes a medical product so they can watch their precious sports games.

First off are you saying Aaron Roger's isn't a douchebag? Because he is regardless of Covid. He broke league rules and now his teammates, the organization and fanbase all have to suffer because of his selfish decision to lie.

Secondly you're entitled to your beliefs and opinions, as am I... we won't ever agree so let's just leave it at that without the personal attacks....k.... :2thumbs:

I don't know him except through a tv screen. I do know it's very ignorant to make the statement you did. You don't know why he chose to not get the shot if he didn't. It's pretty ignorant to suggest someone is selfish or a douche for not taking a medical product, especially one that is surrounded by controversy for good reason.

Maybe step outside your echo chamber and do some more research before you blast people for something you don't understand

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
cymatica":3k26pkfx said:
Maybe step outside your echo chamber and do some more research before you blast people for something you don't understand

What research did you do?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
cymatica":3v26upsp said:
hawker84":3v26upsp said:
cymatica":3v26upsp said:
hawker84":3v26upsp said:
Unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing how this team stacked up against a real playoff contender.

On another note, of course Roger's is out for covid. Why would anyone think he'd do what's best for his teammates and fanbase and get vaccinated. Once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

Since the vaccine does not prevent anyone from spreading it, and natural immunity works much better than a vaccine that dramatically loses efficacy after a few months, the only douchebags are those that insist someone takes a medical product so they can watch their precious sports games.

First off are you saying Aaron Roger's isn't a douchebag? Because he is regardless of Covid. He broke league rules and now his teammates, the organization and fanbase all have to suffer because of his selfish decision to lie.

Secondly you're entitled to your beliefs and opinions, as am I... we won't ever agree so let's just leave it at that without the personal attacks....k.... :2thumbs:

I don't know him except through a tv screen. I do know it's very ignorant to make the statement you did. You don't know why he chose to not get the shot if he didn't. It's pretty ignorant to suggest someone is selfish or a douche for not taking a medical product, especially one that is surrounded by controversy for good reason.

The problem is more so that he specifically lied about it, and proceeded to skirt around the protocols that other unvaccinated players have been following, screwing his own team over and looking like a bona fide jackass in the process.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking if Rodgers happens to somehow miss our game I say we rock with Geno and rest Wilson's finger one more week. It looked swollen as all get out in that photo

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3ioebnvc said:
Hypothetically speaking if Rodgers happens to somehow miss our game I say we rock with Geno and rest Wilson's finger one more week. It looked swollen as all get out in that photo

I say hell no, if Russell can make all the throws he needs to, he should be out there. The Packers are still a very talented team minus Rodgers. Geno has only had the offense humming against the league's worst team. We can't give away any more winnable games.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
The league's protocol literally says unvaccinated players are to wear masks in the facilities, that includes press conferences, which Rodgers clearing hasn't been wearing masks for. It's a blatant violation that everyone can see evidence of. Goodell can either enforce the rule or look like a jackass.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... nferences/

evergreen

Reaction score
He said he was “immunized “. He lied. He owns our ass in GB. This gives us a chance. It’s not like he broke his leg and we’re rejoicing. He cheated and lied. I hope we get to see Love. We might have a prayers chance now. I do worry about karma tho. We get too happy we’re all getting Covid. What goes around comes around.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
A_Biased_Fan":2v02lij0 said:
ArlosSpecial":2v02lij0 said:

I say hell no, if Russell can make all the throws he needs to, he should be out there. The Packers are still a very talented team minus Rodgers. Geno has only had the offense humming against the league's worst team. We can't give away any more winnable games.
On the flip side if he does play and his swollen finger hinders his ability to spin the ball we might see some ugly passes. Hope I'm wrong guy. At any rate Geno balled his nutts off in Wilson's absence I'm glad he's our back up.

chris98251

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":mid79tbk said:
A_Biased_Fan":mid79tbk said:
ArlosSpecial":mid79tbk said:

On the flip side if he does play and his swollen finger hinders his ability to spin the ball we might see some ugly passes. Hope I'm wrong guy. At any rate Geno balled his nutts off in Wilson's absence I'm glad he's our back up.

He wants to play sure, but it's also ego, Geno playing well is great for the Seahawks and fans, not so great for Wilson if Geno shows he can be successful, reduces his leverage a lot.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":15xx4ksy said:
ArlosSpecial":15xx4ksy said:
A_Biased_Fan":15xx4ksy said:
ArlosSpecial":15xx4ksy said:

He wants to play sure, but it's also ego, Geno playing well is great for the Seahawks and fans, not so great for Wilson if Geno shows he can be successful, reduces his leverage a lot.
IMHO I don’t think Geno is a threat to Russ’ playing time.
Geno can be decent in small sample sizes like games against weaker teams but he’s not a starting QB for a reason, and that’s not a shot at him, it’s just what he is.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2pey4yqk said:
chris98251":2pey4yqk said:
ArlosSpecial":2pey4yqk said:
A_Biased_Fan":2pey4yqk said:

IMHO I don’t think Geno is a threat to Russ’ playing time.
Geno can be decent in small sample sizes like games against weaker teams but he’s not a starting QB for a reason, and that’s not a shot at him, it’s just what he is.
Threats to one's ego are rarely based in reality

RiverDog

Reaction score
evergreen":2b1oc22g said:
He said he was “immunized “. He lied. He owns our ass in GB. This gives us a chance. It’s not like he broke his leg and we’re rejoicing. He cheated and lied. I hope we get to see Love. We might have a prayers chance now. I do worry about karma tho. We get too happy we’re all getting Covid. What goes around comes around.

There's a difference between "immunized" and "vaccinated". Technically you can be immune from a disease without taking a vaccine so Rodgers can argue that he didn't lie. He was employing an old lawyer's trick, playing word games to wiggle out of a lie. Rodgers appearing in pressers w/o a mask further reinforced the assumption that he was vaccinated as unvaxxed players have to wear a mask at all times when indoors.

The bigger issue here is if the Packers have a breakout and it's traced back to Rodgers. With half of the season gone and bye weeks being used up, it's going to be tough to reschedule a game if too many Packer players have to go into quarantine. If they trace the outbreak to an unvaccinated player, they'd have to forfeit. This could change the season for them.

Both Rodgers and the Packers need to be held accountable. Rodgers was violating protocol and was untruthful to the public while the Packers were not treating him the same as they had other unvaxxed players by allowing him to appear at press conferences in person and maskless.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The team knew about it, the league knew about it. They CHOSE to ignore it. Is anyone surprised that Lord Rodgers will get special treatment? I'm not. Self centered dewsh, period.
He broke the rules, but the league will do nothing more than a fine to the team. The world would crumble to the ground without Rodgers playing :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Reduce his leverage? Geno is average at best. He had THREE straight games w/ball in hand to win, and lost all 3 times. Then he finally plays well against maybe the worst team in the league. Yeah, I'm sure Russ is worried :?

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2pzmkuwr said:
Reduce his leverage? Geno is average at best. He had THREE straight games w/ball in hand to win, and lost all 3 times. Then he finally plays well against maybe the worst team in the league. Yeah, I'm sure Russ is worried :?

Pretty much. Geno played so bad against the Steelers and Saints that Pete had to come out and say Russell is the reason he's had a head coaching job for so long. Saying Geno balled out when Russell was hurt is kind of delusional.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I wanted to be wrong about the guy. But with the game on the line, we saw exactly what he is. Average.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3c5e8320 said:
The team knew about it, the league knew about it. They CHOSE to ignore it. Is anyone surprised that Lord Rodgers will get special treatment? I'm not. Self centered dewsh, period.
He broke the rules, but the league will do nothing more than a fine to the team. The world would crumble to the ground without Rodgers playing :roll:

Are you sure that the league knew about Rodgers vaccination status? Are teams required to notify the league which players have been vaccinated and which have not? Or is it left up to the teams to manage the protocols? It's an honest question as I don't know the answer.

Otherwise, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments.