Just Our Luck (Aaron Rodgers tests positive)

RiverDog

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2zqby0ka said:
I LOL'ed IRL.

I guess all of us who are refusing this vaccine are nut jobs? :roll: The fact you're comparing this to the Vick situation has me :roll: again...

If the bat wings fit, then wear them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not calling anyone that refuses to get the vaccine a nut job. However, anyone that goes to the extent that Aaron Rodgers has, lied about taking it, made up stories about doctors giving him conflicting information, consults and takes the advice of a UFC color commentator/comedian vs. that of doctors, objects to taking a vaccine that is without a doubt is the most scrutinized vaccine in the history of modern medicine in lieu of a treatment whose primary use is to de-worm animals and that has no proven benefit, then yes, they're nut jobs.

As far as my comparing Rodgers to Michael Vick, it doesn't matter what your view on the vaccine is. The thing is that Rodgers, like Vick, has made himself a controversial figure that will turn off a significant segment of the population. Advertisers like neutral personalities. I suspect that's why Rodgers lied about taking the vaccine and why he was so "furious" when it became apparent that he had not taken it, that he knows it's going to destroy his marketability for endorsements.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My co-worker, who is a huge Packers fan has even come out today saying he thinks Rodgers has lost his mind.

He's not wrong.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ij5la23 said:
My co-worker, who is a huge Packers fan has even come out today saying he thinks Rodgers has lost his mind.

He's not wrong.

I don't think Rodgers has lost his mind, I think the general public is finally finding out what Rodgers coaches, owner, teammates and close family have known about him for a long time.........he's a smarmy difficult douchy jackass.

Like most athletes, we give them a pass as long as they're good.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2pqixi20 said:
SoulfishHawk":2pqixi20 said:

He's not wrong.

I don't think Rodgers has lost his mind, I think the general public is finally finding out what Rodgers coaches, owner, teammates and close family have known about him for a long time.........he's a smarmy difficult douchy jackass.

Like most athletes, we give them a pass as long as they're good.

Didn't Rodgers have a very public falling out with his brother a number of years ago? A lot of us have problems with our family members, but now that Rodgers has exposed himself as a fraud and a liar, a picture is starting to take shape.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is an interesting situation were it not so comical.

Rodgers is a liar, stupid, and his behaviour is deserving of consequences. He deceitfully put other players, various team members, and the public at risk by posing as something he wasn't in flouting the conduct rules for unvaccinated players. He pretends to be a person to respect but his true self has been revealed.

Brady lied about deflategate, he got suspended b/c he potentially affected the actual games where the ball was deflated. Rodgers only put other players and the public at risk of infection by lying. if the league honestly was really concerned about player safety they'd suspend him for a few games so lying about your vaccination status was considered relevant. They won't though b/c the only reason they pretend to care about player safety is to cover themselves for getting sued by players for infield injury caused by uncaring teams who are more concerned about outcomes of games than their players who are essentially canon fodder. In short player safety, the basis of the COVID rules, is truly just so much blather.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
outstanding post, and it truly does explain this situation perfectly

The NFL claims to care, they really don't, at all. Correction, they care a LOT.........about $ and star players like Rodgers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":19xeycwb said:
This is an interesting situation were it not so comical.

Rodgers is a liar, stupid, and his behaviour is deserving of consequences. He deceitfully put other players, various team members, and the public at risk by posing as something he wasn't in flouting the conduct rules for unvaccinated players. He pretends to be a person to respect but his true self has been revealed.

Brady lied about deflategate, he got suspended b/c he potentially affected the actual games where the ball was deflated. Rodgers only put other players and the public at risk of infection by lying. if the league honestly was really concerned about player safety they'd suspend him for a few games so lying about your vaccination status was considered relevant. They won't though b/c the only reason they pretend to care about player safety is to cover themselves for getting sued by players for infield injury caused by uncaring teams who are more concerned about outcomes of games than their players who are essentially canon fodder. In short player safety, the basis of the COVID rules, is truly just so much blather.

As we've seen before, the league punishes players, coaches and teams much more severely when it's something that has to do with the game, as opposed to personal conduct/off field, etc. issues.

I'm pretty sure through Adam Schefter the league has already said they're not going to suspend players for violating the covid rules, just fines.

Doesn't mean Rodgers isn't a lying douche, but it does mean I'd be shocked if he was suspended.

keasley45

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3h2yynf4 said:
"I believe strongly in bodily autonomy and the ability to make choices for your body, not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture or crazed group of individuals who say you have to do something" - Aaron Rodgers

Good for him. Couldn't agree more. :2thumbs:

Agree. Good for him. But if you want to shun medical science and instead pump your self up with medication for animals, or other fringe remedies, or lace your skittles with cough syrup and powdered tylenol because youtube says it works, more power to you. Free country. But dont be a douche and not protect those around you from contracting the disease when you get it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He never had to lie. Again, the main point of this whole damn thing. He made it about him and he thinks he can do whatever he wants. Turns out he can I guess.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
keasley45":2wbcqx96 said:
FalconsFanNW":2wbcqx96 said:
"I believe strongly in bodily autonomy and the ability to make choices for your body, not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture or crazed group of individuals who say you have to do something" - Aaron Rodgers

Agree. Good for him. But if you want to shun medical science and instead pump your self up with medication for animals, or other fringe remedies, or lace your skittles with cough syrup and powdered tylenol because youtube says it works, more power to you. Free country. But dont be a douche and not protect those around you from contracting the disease when you get it.

Many people confuse medical or person freedom with not having to follow the rules or embrace the consequences of acting on their freedoms.

The two are VERY much mutually exclusive in these workplace conversations.

- The league set forth very clear covid rules
- The NFLPA agreed to them
- Rodgers broke the rules, and even misrepresented himself giving his teammates and those around him a false sense of security
- This all equals consequences. Period.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. The NFL is in their rights to make their rules. People keep wanting to make it about "rights" or some political crap. He didn't follow the rules, period.

RiverDog

Reaction score
keasley45":36p8ujl6 said:
FalconsFanNW":36p8ujl6 said:

Exactly. Your rights end where my nose begins. You have the right to do what you want with your own body, but you don't have a right to put my health and that of my loved ones at risk.

In a perfect world, I'd separate those that do not want to take the vaccine into their own exclusive communities and let them live their lives completely apart from those of us that want to protect ourselves and each other from disease. Rodgers himself said that he was surprised at how some of his friends are now not so good of friends once his vaccination status was revealed:

"He (Rodgers) knew some people would disagree with him, but he didn't know that it would become the s---storm it became. People who he thought were friends are turning on him. He's upset. He's very unhappy with the response to him."

This situation is being played out around the country. My wife had to tell her best friend not to come over because she wasn't vaccinated and wasn't complying with the mask mandates. They had been friends for over 15 years, but not anymore. It's sad.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Any time it's not about HIM, he's going to whine like a 5 year old. Zero surprise here.

And it's YOUR house. If your friend can't do what you ask of them, too damn bad.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3h7ol1uk said:
Any time it's not about HIM, he's going to whine like a 5 year old. Zero surprise here.

And it's YOUR house. If your friend can't do what you ask of them, too damn bad.

If Rodgers hadn't been such a dickhead about it, calling those that were critical of him as being part of the "woke" crowd and "cancel culture", comparing his plight to that of MLK, he might not have had the falling out that he's experiencing. But now he's seen by a lot of people as a white man worth $120M and actualizing a childhood dream of a prolific NFL quarterback that's playing the victim card and full of self pity.

It's a good lesson for all of us. If you make a mistake, own up to it, apologize if appropriate, and move on.