Just Our Luck (Aaron Rodgers tests positive)

Rat

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers out this week after a positive COVID test. He couldnt wait one more week? Maybe he still wont be feeling 100% against us.

EDIT: turns out he's unvaccinated. Maybe this will linger.

W

Welshers

Where did you read hes unvaccinated? Every news source I can find says he took the vaccine. He will probably be good to go in a week max so this won't help the hawks

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
My breathing never recovered from when I got this crap back in Feb/Mar 2020.

So I won't be jumping around happy to hear any athlete has this.

My hope is that if he has it, it is the kind without the symptoms and long-term side effects.

It pretty much invalidates a win if we beat GB without their QB anyway. So not sure what the upside would be.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Welshers":3hihoqmg said:
Where did you read hes unvaccinated? Every news source I can find says he took the vaccine. He will probably be good to go in a week max so this won't help the hawks
Rapaport is reporting it. Sounds like Rodgers might have been purposely misleading about his vaccination status.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":11k27626 said:
It pretty much invalidates a win if we beat GB without their QB anyway. So not sure what the upside would be.

I'm not above that. It's not like we got retroactive wins for the weeks we started Geno Smith.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
According to the same article Davante Adams still hasn't been cleared for his Covid-19 positive test.

hawker84

Reaction score
Unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing how this team stacked up against a real playoff contender.

On another note, of course Roger's is out for covid. Why would anyone think he'd do what's best for his teammates and fanbase and get vaccinated. Once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
hawker84":3new9ass said:
Unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing how this team stacked up against a real playoff contender.
You'll get to see that the following week against the Cards.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1hicfq9w said:
The NFL needs to drop the hammer on him, and hard.

If they have any balls they would. He was unvaxed and flaunting the protocols.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Rat":2iqa7dp5 said:
Aaron Rodgers out this week after a positive COVID test. He couldnt wait one more week? Maybe he still wont be feeling 100% against us.

What a lying POS. I would be pissed off if I was his teammate.

W

Welshers

. The earliest Rodgers can rejoin the team is Nov. 13 -- the day before their Week 10 matchup against the Seahawks.

Per nfl.com...

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Rat":17mtq44c said:
TwistedHusky":17mtq44c said:

I'm not above that. It's not like we got retroactive wins for the weeks we started Geno Smith.

A win is a win. According to the late great Chuck Knox, "you play the hand you're dealt." Their are no asterisks next to wins or losses.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Given his arrogance and foolishness it would be karma indeed if our boy Aaron gets very sick.

No patience for this, as he possibly infects others, with him now the league should not trust him on this subject going forward.

Frankly hope he's done for the year, stupid is as stupid does.

At present there is a high % likelihood he won't dress for the game against us after the bye. Boo Hoo!!!

Chapow

Reaction score
hawker84":1n04r76s said:
Rat":1n04r76s said:
hawker84":1n04r76s said:
You'll get to see that the following week against the Cards.

Yep.

Don't worry. IF, (and that's an enourmous if), the Seahawks somehow manage to beat the Cards, this fan base will find a way to invalidate that win too.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Rat":1j78yn6t said:

Is there really that much joy in playing a team without their star QB. As much as I want our team to win, the game against the Packers ideally with Rodgers AND Adams would be very telling where this team is at and how it would or would not fare in the playoffs.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
ZagHawk":29h1spp4 said:
Rat":29h1spp4 said:

Is there really that much joy in playing a team without their star QB. As much as I want our team to win, the game against the Packers ideally with Rodgers AND Adams would be very telling where this team is at and how it would or would not fare in the playoffs.

Are you nuts? We just had to play 3 games without our franchise QB, who's just as important to us as Rodgers is for them. Very likely we win all 3 of those games with Russ. I'll take any games against backup QB's we can get for the rest of the year.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1n0yuz1d said:
Rat":1n0yuz1d said:

No less joy than Steelers and Saints fans have experienced lately.