I thought Ifedi looked great for his 1st start

Rob12

Reaction score
Really hoping he can become our future LT. Anyone think he doesn't profile well there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Rob12":3ln2ytmw said:
Really hoping he can become our future LT. Anyone think he doesn't profile well there?

He strikes me as more of a stout guy than a pure athlete but we'll see. If he can play guard at a Pro Bowl level I would keep him there.

If you watch the TD to McEvoy our ends actually got beat but Ifedi, Glowinski and Britt allowed Russell to step up and find Tanner. Great play by our interior.

Seymour

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":38aymzde said:
Rob12":38aymzde said:

He strikes me as more of a stout guy than a pure athlete but we'll see. If he can play guard at a Pro Bowl level I would keep him there.

If you watch the TD to McEvoy our ends actually got beat but Ifedi, Glowinski and Britt allowed Russell to step up and find Tanner. Great play by our interior.

Exactly, Think Steve Hutchinson and what he did for our run game and oline stability.

Hawks46

Reaction score
iigakusei":31eavj6r said:
I focused on him too and thought he looked pretty good for his 1st start, especially against a really good D-line.. The bigger surprise to me is how good Britt looked. I am honestly shocked at how well he has transitioned to center. I have believed for a while now that with RW having a strong interior is more important than tackles as I don't think the edge rush bothers Russ too much.

Good post. Britt absolutely dominated on the inside and was throwing fools to the ground.

Ifedi looked really good, especially since his first NFL start was going up against Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams. Richardson got a couple of pressures but Russ was able to side step them. Ifedi also had 2 flags, but he looked real solid for a first start. The good thing about this kid was that he didn't back down at all, was fired up and not intimidated, and he's really smart. He'll see the mistakes he made and improve them. He'll use the game tape to his advantage.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The interior line did very well today against a very strong Jets d-line. Hope they can continue to gel and improve week to week.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Sowell better be Cables pet project from here on in. Every other spot on that line is showing marked improvement. Not writing him off just yet, but he just seems overmatched at this point.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawks46":2z0kye2m said:
iigakusei":2z0kye2m said:
I focused on him too and thought he looked pretty good for his 1st start, especially against a really good D-line.. The bigger surprise to me is how good Britt looked. I am honestly shocked at how well he has transitioned to center. I have believed for a while now that with RW having a strong interior is more important than tackles as I don't think the edge rush bothers Russ too much.

Good post. Britt absolutely dominated on the inside and was throwing fools to the ground.

Ifedi looked really good, especially since his first NFL start was going up against Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams. Richardson got a couple of pressures but Russ was able to side step them. Ifedi also had 2 flags, but he looked real solid for a first start. The good thing about this kid was that he didn't back down at all, was fired up and not intimidated, and he's really smart. He'll see the mistakes he made and improve them. He'll use the game tape to his advantage.
I'm pretty sure the speed of the game was an issue, but now he has experienced that and adjusted to it.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Hawks46

Reaction score
Pete said in his presser that at times Ifedi drives blocks when he's in pass pro and "blows his guy out of the pocket" and "when we get accustomed to that it's really going to help us"

I read into this that when Ifedi blows someone out of the pocket, it gives Russ a place to step up and a lane to run if needed. This is the kind of guy that can really help Wilson be an even better dual threat once they get used to playing together more.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
The starting line played together for the first time in the regular season, and put forth a "C+" game against a top 3 D-line at 10AM on the road. Even the penalties were largely in check.

Very promising.

olyfan63

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":376qwguc said:
iigakusei":376qwguc said:

Spot on, Britt had a rough game against the Rams but other than that he's been lights out. We saw with Unger how important a solid center is.

Aaron Donald seems to cause a lot of NFL centers to have rough games.

It will be interesting to see if and how Ifedi changes that dynamic in the 2nd Rams-Seahawks game.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The biggest thing I saw against the Jets is Ifedi made it much more likely Wilson could climb the pocket when the tackles got beat. Ifedi will get beat at times being a rookie but when he hits his point he dominates and it allows Russell to do so much more. This goes for Britt and Glo too. Going to be a fun year for the offense.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I had shot my mouth off about how I thought Ifedi would play before the game on Sunday, and based that on what I'd seen of him in College film footage. At the end of the game I didn't have to eat any crow on that prediction.
I thought that considering that he was playing his very first regular season NFL game, which had to be nerve racking, that he looked as good as, if not better than anyone else at that position in a long time. I think when you do watch film of the game you'll see that the Jet's started doubling up on him because one on one he was beating their butts. I think this guy is only going to keep getting better and will be a big contributor to our getting back to the Super bowl in 2017, now how's that for a bold prediction that could cost me big plate of crow at the end of the season, but I don't think so, I'm feeling it in my bones, this is gonna be one really crazy good year for the Hawks.