I haven't felt this good after a loss since, well, forever.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I would have felt ok about the loss if we hadn't lost the Cowboys and Rams games. I had expected this would be a loss at KC, but it wouldn't have affected playoff implications.
Unfortunately....

olyfan63

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":33k9dosb said:
vanhawk":33k9dosb said:
I completely agree regarding the "tomahawk chop". It's a ridiculous thing to be doing in 2014. It's things like that which will be looked back on in 50, 100, 150 years, etc.. "C'mon no way, they really did that?" ... "Yeah I'm not kidding -- stadiums packed full of white people making chopping actions with their arms and going "ohhh oohhh oohhh.." It's absurd!

Sorry not everyone lives with "white people guilt" . I just love how people try to control speech by saying your offended.

^^^ THIS.

Where is the outcry for the political incorrectness of the Vikings?
The Vikings were a stereotyped tribe of violent white guys from across the ocean. Don't we disrespect their heritage and culture by using stereotyped mascots?

Political correctness, just another way the PTB work to divide and conquer us, keep us quarrelling amongst ourselves while they lift our wallet. Most political correctness is horse-shyte to keep us squabbling and distracted.

And a Merry Christmas to all. From an agnostic.

And how do those poor Pandion Haliaetus (or whatever) birds feel about us using their likeness for greed and profit in service to this violent game? A travesty, using animals that way.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jerhawk":1eqcpkfh said:
Mistashoesta":1eqcpkfh said:
It was a well fought game. I feel we should have came out on top but all in all I think they left it all out on the field.

Spot on. Felt the same way. Both teams fought hard, the 'Hawks just didn't make some clutch plays, but all in all they played their hearts out and that's really all we can ask from our guys.

Yup. It's hard to disassociate our feelings as fans fresh after a loss. We want to be angry, we want to be mad, sad, whatever...And it is certainly our right! I don't fault anyone for feeling anything they want to feel out of a loss, but for me? I am happy to put it in perspective the best I can and understand that it's tough to win in the NFL (#mackstrongsaysso).

The Chiefs are not the Raiders, Bucs or Titans. They are one of the better teams in the NFL. And Arrowhead is widely considered one of the most toughest places to play in the NFL not named Century Link and we STILL had every chance and right to win the game.

Sometimes, just sometimes people, it's not that we are not good enough, sometimes the other team is pretty good too.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
I concur with the OP. Great game in a tough environment at 10AM. I've seen a whole lot worse from the majority of Seahawks Team Past. I think it's time to stop pretending that this years team is in any way, shape, or form the same as last years team. We've lost too much depth and had too many injuries and obstacles above and beyond that to even make the comparison.

Fact is, we're likely playing for a wild card berth now, and that was true before this game started. Of all of the games remaining on our schedule, this was the least impacting one to lose. I'm happy with the effort and hope they iron out the few boneheaded mistakes they made during this game. The schedule ahead should be looked at as an opportunity to nail down the #5 seed and go play whoever the sorry sap is that comes out of the South. All we gotta do is get to the dance. From there, anything can happen.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Laloosh":1bp5x7zp said:
I'd feel a lot less like I've been punched in the gut if we didn't need this one so badly. Losing Unger along with the drop by Kearse has me pacing.

I wondered how our run defense would fare without Mebane and Wagner in the middle and we have our answer. Can't help but feel like SF is going to cram Gore and Hyde down our throat in a couple of weeks and there'll be nobody there to stop them.

I agree that losing Unger was the worst part about this game. I don't like seeing people run all over us like that, but the Chiefs are 7-3 this year doing that to a lot of people.

I expected to lose this game. We needed this game, but not as badly as you're saying. This is losing to a quality AFC opponent. It doesn't hurt us in any tie breakers.

What this game does, is make both of the AZ games, the Philly game and at least one of the Niners games must wins. As it is, we're not keeping pace with the Cards and hanging two losses on them isn't enough if they win their other games, so now we'll officially need help from the outside to win the division.

As for the playoffs, we're looking at either GB or Detroit probably taking one, and we're going to fight with Dallas or Philly for the second. We lost to Dallas, so they have the head to head tie breaker....which means we root for anyone against Dallas from here on out.

Davehawk

Reaction score
This was a fun game to watch, it really was. For me at least. It's rough to lose though, no sugar coating that.

Also, don't talk about "white people" doing the tomahawk chop then tell people you don't want this thread to turn into a conversation about that.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Aros":3d2fr1ru said:
What a great game.

Smash mouth, old school, 80's football. Yeah we lost. But we didn't embarrass ourselves. For the most part, we played well in a very tough place to play at 10am. Russell ran out of 4th quarter magic but he played exceptional overall.

The defense I have a bone or three to pick, but they created turnovers and kept them out of the endzone in the second half. Injuries have derailed our season to a point. 6-4? Not great, but we could be 4-6 so I'll take it.

Maybe I am getting sensitive in my old age but that tomahawk chop crap by thousands of white people drive me nuts. Even if they don't mean it consciously, it's a racist act, IMO. I could live without it, that's for sure. That's okay if you disagree, It's not like I am worked up about it, but, well, meh.

We fought well...BEAST!!! Sucks to lose Unger, again. Man.

This isn't a loss of yesteryear where we lament on and on about how sucky we are. We are still a very, very good football team that happens to be showing our warts from injuries and lack of depth.

Chins up 12's!!

NEXT WEEK WE BEAT THE CARDINALS!

Next week is a must win game. The Cards have a 3 game lead on the divison now.

marko358

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3bn1dar5 said:
Aros":3bn1dar5 said:
What a great game.

Smash mouth, old school, 80's football. Yeah we lost. But we didn't embarrass ourselves. For the most part, we played well in a very tough place to play at 10am. Russell ran out of 4th quarter magic but he played exceptional overall.

The defense I have a bone or three to pick, but they created turnovers and kept them out of the endzone in the second half. Injuries have derailed our season to a point. 6-4? Not great, but we could be 4-6 so I'll take it.

Maybe I am getting sensitive in my old age but that tomahawk chop crap by thousands of white people drive me nuts. Even if they don't mean it consciously, it's a racist act, IMO. I could live without it, that's for sure. That's okay if you disagree, It's not like I am worked up about it, but, well, meh.

We fought well...BEAST!!! Sucks to lose Unger, again. Man.

This isn't a loss of yesteryear where we lament on and on about how sucky we are. We are still a very, very good football team that happens to be showing our warts from injuries and lack of depth.

Chins up 12's!!

NEXT WEEK WE BEAT THE CARDINALS!

Next week is a must win game. The Cards have a 3 game lead on the divison now.
Must win from a wild card perspective. Our chance at the division are slim and none IMO.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2yq6yamy said:
Well it might feel good, but it is the harbinger that this team not only won't be able to win the NFC West but likely won't make the playoffs.

Clearly the loss of Mebane hurt BAD. We should expect to lose against SF in SF, and I doubt we beat the Eagles - which makes the SF game in Seattle almost besides the point.

We have a brutal stretch coming up and we haven't beaten a single good team on the road all year. Which according to the #s means a loss in SF, in Philly, and in AZ. That by itself would put us out of the running.

It is still an entertaining team and it is fighting and scratching in spite of the injuries, but I think the losses this year pretty much clearly nailed down we weren't going to do anything this year.

Maybe get Kam his surgery and try again next year. I would have taken him out for it long ago, it was clear this team was done the moment he needed it.

jesus christ... you're relentless

jammerhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2q4vrpr0 said:
vanhawk":2q4vrpr0 said:
I completely agree regarding the "tomahawk chop". It's a ridiculous thing to be doing in 2014. It's things like that which will be looked back on in 50, 100, 150 years, etc.. "C'mon no way, they really did that?" ... "Yeah I'm not kidding -- stadiums packed full of white people making chopping actions with their arms and going "ohhh oohhh oohhh.." It's absurd!
This political correctness is killing this country . I'm American Indian and I didn't mind it at all. I though this was a sports forum not a racially charged medium for people who have no ties to "my" people to tell us how racist it is . Get over it man. Stop giving it power cause that's exactly what your doing.
The military offends
Jesus offends
African Americans calling each other the n word offends
The list goes on and on.

Great post!!!

Absolutely true.

edogg23

Reaction score
I feel the complete opposite as the OP. Our D looked absolutely pathetic. For the first 3 quarters against one of the only teams that is more offensively challenged than us. We are a not even in the same ballpark as last years team. Man does this loss sting :(

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Very frustrated with some of the play calling and execution, but we had our chances to win today and couldn't pull it off. I love my team win or lose, but today I feel we just handed the SB trophy to the next team up, which looks to be the Packers at this point. I just want to see the Hawks defend the title with pride and at least get to 9-7 on the year. I'm going to enjoy the ride from here on out and not get too stressed out.

drdiags

Reaction score
I got over it as soon as I could. I knew it was going to be a tough game, just didn't think the D would give up as much as they did to Charles. That dude was a man among boys. I wish Bevell would go with what got the team where they are today. They don't have a Megatron WR or Gronk TE, pound it that close to the goal line and if they stop you, so what?

Or at least set it up so you can slip someone out like you did on the Moeaki TD. This would have been a get, but hats off to KC. I hope they can take the division from Denver now that they are tied. Seahawks are on life-support for the playoffs, Cardinals would have to have a earth-shaking collapse not to take this home. They could split with both the 9ers and Seahawks and win the division. Would be a great get for their franchise to play in the Superbowl the year their org got the game in their stadium.

The Seahawks need to steal one in Philly and hold serve at home. Maybe 10-6 gets you in the WC? We will see. Packers/Lions seem to have one of the WCs tied up. Eagles could slip. At least we are tied with our favorite team to hate, so that should give folks something to do besides lament the team's change in fortunes.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was reviewing the box score for the game. It's seems like a weird game. Based on the box score, this game shouldn't have been close. The Seahawks won pretty much every statistic in the game, yet they still lost. It came down to scoring, the Chiefs punched it in for Tds while the Seahawks settled for FGs. That's the difference. You could say that the Seahawks run defense was atrocious and it was but Chiefs defense was worse. Chiefs also gave up more passing yards. Defensively as a whole, the Seahawks were better. They also created and got 2 turnovers, while committed none. With stats in this fashion, the Seahawks should have won.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20141...meinfo|contentId:0ap3000000429391&tab=analyze

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I agree Aros, this was the result I expected against a tough team in a tough venue, and the fact that it happened didn't get me down since nothing about this year's team looks different to me tonight than it did to start today.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":sfowujop said:
That game kicked ass. It is the reason I watch.

Up and down, back and forth, and we are hanging with the best teams now with all the injuries.

I LOVE my Hawks win or lose.

:thirishdrinkers:

Tokadub

Reaction score
It was a good competitive game for a neutral observer... but as a Seahawks fan I don't see how you could feel good about this loss.

- Our Defense was terrible and got exposed AGAIN (it's already happened so many times this season).

- We gave up 6.2 yards per rush.

- We gave up 8 yards per rush by Jamaal Charles.

- We had 0 sacks! Pass rush is non-existent and our cash cow Bennett continues to rack up penalties and face plant on a regular basis.

- Bevell proved how horrible he really is, that was the final straw for me... so many bad calls that made no sense whatsoever. Funny how so many people support Bevell because we won a Superbowl even though the signs of his incompetence have been glaringly obvious since 2012 (One example being the loss to Falcons in the playoffs while scoring 0 points in first half).

- Kearse continues to drop passes which I told everyone in multiple posts this off-season that he has bad hands.... Kearse currently is only catching about 50% of his targets (22 out of 38 on ESPN not sure if they include today's game yet...)

- Our Passing game is atrocious, it seems like out of all the teams in THE ENTIRE NFL we have the most difficulty of having open receivers on a regular basis. Our Offensive Line is also horrible.

CONCLUSION:

Although it was an entertaining game for a neutral observer, if you are a true Seahawks fan I can't see how you can be happy with this outcome. I guess a lot of people just aren't realistic about the very serious problems in real life or in this case sports, I can't just blow it off as no big deal I know how bad this was... I'm not one to just feel happy about crappy and horrible outcomes to make myself feel better artificially.

Facts are, we are most likely out of the playoffs now, the 49ers have a much easier remaining schedule than we do so they among many other teams could easily steal the Wild Card from us. I no longer have any hopes we can win the NFC West that would take a miracle...

This is honestly a complete and total meltdown from last season when we were hands down the most talented roster in the entire league with a legendary Defense. Now although we still have above average talent we are playing like a sub .500 team. I put a lot of the blame on the coaches for their off-season moves, the draft, and their inability to coach effectively. It really seems like we are out-coached by a significant margin almost every single game. I never thought that would be the case for our whole team... but as for the Offense with Bevell this is no surprise.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Tokadub":1gxcl230 said:
It was a good competitive game for a neutral observer... but as a Seahawks fan I don't see how you could feel good about this loss.

- Our Defense was terrible and got exposed AGAIN (it's already happened so many times this season).

- We gave up 6.2 yards per rush.

- We gave up 8 yards per rush by Jamaal Charles.

- We had 0 sacks! Pass rush is non-existent and our cash cow Bennett continues to rack up penalties and face plant on a regular basis.

- Bevell proved how horrible he really is, that was the final straw for me... so many bad calls that made no sense whatsoever. Funny how so many people support Bevell because we won a Superbowl even though the signs of his incompetence have been glaringly obvious since 2012 (One example being the loss to Falcons in the playoffs while scoring 0 points in first half).

- Kearse continues to drop passes which I told everyone in multiple posts this off-season that he has bad hands.... Kearse currently is only catching about 50% of his targets (22 out of 38 on ESPN not sure if they include today's game yet...)

- Our Passing game is atrocious, it seems like out of all the teams in THE ENTIRE NFL we have the most difficulty of having open receivers on a regular basis. Our Offensive Line is also horrible.

CONCLUSION:

Although it was an entertaining game for a neutral observer, if you are a true Seahawks fan I can't see how you can be happy with this outcome. I guess a lot of people just aren't realistic about the very serious problems in real life or in this case sports, I can't just blow it off as no big deal I know how bad this was... I'm not one to just feel happy about crappy and horrible outcomes to make myself feel better artificially.

Facts are, we are most likely out of the playoffs now, the 49ers have a much easier remaining schedule than we do so they among many other teams could easily steal the Wild Card from us. I no longer have any hopes we can win the NFC West that would take a miracle...

This is honestly a complete and total meltdown from last season when we were hands down the most talented roster in the entire league with a legendary Defense. Now although we still have above average talent we are playing like a sub .500 team. I put a lot of the blame on the coaches for their off-season moves, the draft, and their inability to coach effectively. It really seems like we are out-coached by a significant margin almost every single game. I never thought that would be the case for our whole team... but as for the Offense with Bevell this is no surprise.

You nailed exactly how I feel. I'm really annoyed by all the sunshine and rainbows talk from some folks after a complete and utter brutal loss with some absolute garbage play that cost us down the stretch.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
^^^^^ lol. This made me truly smile!
I now understand how unacceptable any game that isn't a complete domination for you guys.

Long time Seahawks fans are completely comfortable at 6-4.
This team is broken and still bringing it every week.

Lombardi goggles aside, this team has been in EVERY ball game......for years.
This is way better than 1992 and 2009.