I haven't felt this good after a loss since, well, forever.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Aros":2qh4tgw3 said:
Wow, I am honestly surprised by many of the responses. I get that I shouldn't be jumping up and down and passing out lolipops, and I get there are real issues needing to be addressed but come on man, take off the 12 Suit for a second and realize it was a good game to watch and we aren't going to win every game.

Guess this is what I get for posting fresh after a loss.

:16:

We're not going to win every game, but these losses are concerning. Look at all the accolades someone posted earlier from the game, and despite all that, we still lost. Injuries are taking a toll on this team, no doubt about it, but excuses are just that, excuses. It may make things feel better, but it doesn't take the loss away and it doesn't make it any easier for us to win games in the future unless we can get some of those injuries back (and looks like it's only Wagner & Carp at this point). Sure this team is not terrible, they're not the Raiders and there are good things to take away, but a loss is still a loss and it stings, especially when every game really counts at this point. A few more of these losses, maybe even another two could mean the year.

A lot of positives to take away, sure, but also a lot of negatives as well.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
vanhawk":32z6mtqz said:
I completely agree regarding the "tomahawk chop". It's a ridiculous thing to be doing in 2014. It's things like that which will be looked back on in 50, 100, 150 years, etc.. "C'mon no way, they really did that?" ... "Yeah I'm not kidding -- stadiums packed full of white people making chopping actions with their arms and going "ohhh oohhh oohhh.." It's absurd!
This political correctness is killing this country . I'm American Indian and I didn't mind it at all. I though this was a sports forum not a racially charged medium for people who have no ties to "my" people to tell us how racist it is . Get over it man. Stop giving it power cause that's exactly what your doing.
The military offends
Jesus offends
African Americans calling each other the n word offends
The list goes on and on.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Aros":18id8blv said:
Wow, I am honestly surprised by many of the responses. I get that I shouldn't be jumping up and down and passing out lolipops, and I get there are real issues needing to be addressed but come on man, take off the 12 Suit for a second and realize it was a good game to watch and we aren't going to win every game.

Guess this is what I get for posting fresh after a loss.

:16:

From a single game standpoint I do get what you are saying. It was a decent game to watch.
I don't like what losing this one does to our chances, moving forward.
They fought hard, was back and forth.
That's what football should be.
The road ahead is all uphill to the playoffs now.
Single game? Not too bad.
Big Picture? I hated it.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1o586cv2 said:
I honestly feel the total opposite. I'm usually a homer, and find silver linings in losses but this game was UGLY.

Disagree. There were a lot of heady plays on offense and the defense tightened up in the second half forcing turnovers and keeping them out of the end zone.

Defense got gashed.

Many times. Can't disagree there.

No WR separation even though they played man against us all game.

Yeah, again I can't disagree. Let's be honest. There is not a single player on our offense not named Lynch or Wilson that puts fear into the hearts of our opponents. When Helfet is Wilson's go-to guy...Um, no offense, but that's a problem.

Unger out with what looks like a significant leg injury.

That sucks. However, I don't see that costing us a game moving forward. It just makes things a bit tougher.

Piss poor lay calling on the 4th & goal from the 2. Goal line fade to Doug? I would have been happy with a FG and go down by 1.

I love the call. Not the play, but I love the call to go for it on 4th there. 3 points won't put us ahead and while yes, the philosophy is to take points when you can, I absolutely love the aggressiveness there. Score a TD and go ahead, or pin them at the goal line. Turns out we pinned them at the goal line and they punted from their endzone. Love the call.

I agree however that the actual play call could have been better.

Get rid of the bubble screens. They DO NOT work regardless of who they attempt to throw to.

Yeah man, amen. STOP THROWING THE BALL TOWARDS THE SIDELINES! Either throw the g'damn ball DOWN THE FIELD or hand it off to Lynch.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The Seahawks have an opportunity to make this loss irrelevant if they win their remaining games. I think they played well given the opponent and the challenges. This was their one finally freebie. The rest all pretty much count double.

phenom

Reaction score
You guys have nothing to be ashamed of! What a great game! Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! Good luck the rest of the way!

Signed, a chiefs fan.

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
I hate the Seahawks but I can't say enough great things about Russ Wilson. The man plays with a lot of heart, his gamesmanship is top tier, a class act off the field and 99% of other QBs would have choked a safety on that play. I have read a lot of negative criticism about his performance numbers on this board but without him you would be sub .500 right now. Get that man some receivers!!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawkfannj":2drvw8jf said:
vanhawk":2drvw8jf said:
I completely agree regarding the "tomahawk chop". It's a ridiculous thing to be doing in 2014. It's things like that which will be looked back on in 50, 100, 150 years, etc.. "C'mon no way, they really did that?" ... "Yeah I'm not kidding -- stadiums packed full of white people making chopping actions with their arms and going "ohhh oohhh oohhh.." It's absurd!
This political correctness is killing this country . I'm American Indian and I didn't mind it at all. I though this was a sports forum not a racially charged medium for people who have no ties to "my" people to tell us how racist it is . Get over it man. Stop giving it power cause that's exactly what your doing.

Hey man, no disrespect intended. It was an honest observation that I felt obligated to share. I honor you opinion but I still feel the same about it. Let's not turn this into a discussion about race and politics...It was never my intention. What IS my intention is to mention that wearing my Lynch jersey on my 12th anniversary was not enough to secure a win.

DAMN YOU FOOTBALL GODS!!!! (((shaking fists)))

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I totally agree with the OP. Sucks to lose but that was a hell of a game! Didn't win but also didn't lose ugly. From a pure football point of view that was a thing of beauty to watch. Win lose or draw we are still the defending champs until someone else wins it.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
phenom":2oxt8zrl said:
You guys have nothing to be ashamed of! What a great game! Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! Good luck the rest of the way!

Signed, a chiefs fan.

Cheers! Fun game! Sucks we came out short but good luck to you guys the rest of the way! You have a great team and coach there.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Once you realize that Seattle is not a championship caliber team this year and will be lucky to make the playoffs then it's easier to find bright spots in showing signs of competitiveness against good teams on the road. I know I've lowered my expectations this year and it has reduced the frustrations of games like this.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
oldhawkfan":377p7rwa said:
I totally agree with the OP. Sucks to lose but that was a hell of a game! Didn't win but also didn't lose ugly. From a pure football point of view that was a thing of beauty to watch. Win lose or draw we are still the defending champs until someone else wins it.

Cheers!! Thank you! You get it! :D

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Aros":n2duglly said:
hawkfannj":n2duglly said:
vanhawk":n2duglly said:

Hey man, no disrespect intended. It was an honest observation that I felt obligated to share. I honor you opinion but I still feel the same about it. Let's not turn this into a discussion about race and politics...It was never my intention. What IS my intention is to mention that wearing my Lynch jersey on my 12th anniversary was not enough to secure a win.

DAMN YOU FOOTBALL GODS!!!! (((shaking fists)))
I'm not . And once again no offense taken by you or anyone in KC.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'd feel a lot less like I've been punched in the gut if we didn't need this one so badly. Losing Unger along with the drop by Kearse has me pacing.

I wondered how our run defense would fare without Mebane and Wagner in the middle and we have our answer. Can't help but feel like SF is going to cram Gore and Hyde down our throat in a couple of weeks and there'll be nobody there to stop them.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
vanhawk":2pe7oxot said:

Sorry not everyone lives with "white people guilt" . I just love how people try to control speech by saying your offended.

gargantual

Reaction score
Keeping it close the whole game, never being down by more than a TD (if I remember correctly), in THAT stadium.......this was a good, good performance by a (still) good team. Not so much great lately, but keeping it pluggin' along considering all the injuries.

Not being able to stop them on D pretty much all game (wasn't the only 3 and out that one right before the 2 minute warning?).....that's very concerning tho. Is that all on the loss of Bane? Or will they be able to compensate for that going forward? The playoffs will depend on the answer to that question. Oh, and the Red Tweety Birds stumbling the rest of the season.

Umm, question to anyone/everyone: I had to watch a sporadic, constantly dropping stream today, so not sure about some details. If we had kicked that field goal there at the goal line, did we advance far enough downfield to have been in FG range to win it on that last drive? I don't remember how far we made it down the field.

I (like Aros) loved the call to go for it, and felt since we hadn't stopped their O all day at that point, that we HAD to get a TD right then to have any chance, but in retrospect, we actually were able to make them go 3 & out on the next play (which I didn't see coming).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Aros":3j9wyzqf said:
What a great game.

Smash mouth, old school, 80's football. Yeah we lost. But we didn't embarrass ourselves. For the most part, we played well in a very tough place to play at 10am. Russell ran out of 4th quarter magic but he played exceptional overall.

The defense I have a bone or three to pick, but they created turnovers and kept them out of the endzone in the second half. Injuries have derailed our season to a point. 6-4? Not great, but we could be 4-6 so I'll take it.

Maybe I am getting sensitive in my old age but that tomahawk chop crap by thousands of white people drive me nuts. Even if they don't mean it consciously, it's a racist act, IMO. I could live without it, that's for sure. That's okay if you disagree, It's not like I am worked up about it, but, well, meh.

We fought well...BEAST!!! Sucks to lose Unger, again. Man.

This isn't a loss of yesteryear where we lament on and on about how sucky we are. We are still a very, very good football team that happens to be showing our warts from injuries and lack of depth.

Chins up 12's!!

NEXT WEEK WE BEAT THE CARDINALS!
Good for you except I disagree 100% and my best hope is 9-7 and wouldn't be surprised at FAR worse. Keep the faith Todd but the fact is injury has done us in this season. For me 2015 can't come quick enough combined with some serious change in OC , OL line coaching at the least. A philosophical change in offense and OL is mandatory if we plan more then Wilson v 11 going forward given without him this year we're easily 4-6 at best. Yet by himself he nearly wins today with nothing beyond Lynch. We will be fine once Norwood and Richardson develop but that's a lot to ask.

Riley12

Reaction score
There have been painful games this season - @ San Diego when I was feeling giddy and ready to book flight/hotel for AZ in February

@Rams because I will never, ever like the Rams

Dallas here - Tony Romo?!? C'mon!!

This was a 10 AM start against a very good team and it turned out to be a pretty fun game to watch, particularly if you are (like I am) vehemently opposed to the Peyton Manningfication of the NFL where the first QB to 500 yards wins.

I'm already over the loss.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2cqpx674 said:
It was a well fought game. I feel we should have came out on top but all in all I think they left it all out on the field.

Spot on. Felt the same way. Both teams fought hard, the 'Hawks just didn't make some clutch plays, but all in all they played their hearts out and that's really all we can ask from our guys.