I haven't felt this good after a loss since, well, forever.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Tokadub":15s2vd5h said:
- Kearse continues to drop passes which I told everyone in multiple posts this off-season that he has bad hands.... Kearse currently is only catching about 50% of his targets (22 out of 38 on ESPN not sure if they include today's game yet...)

According to PFF, Kearse has only one drop this year. His catch rate is higher than Baldwin's (three drops).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks for the wisdom Aros. I did not watch all the game I got power back from 1:30 my time just a half an hour ago 8PM. I have a wood stove and my cat has been using me as a scratching pole for part of that time. I chopped wood for part of that time too. I needed to in 18 degree weather anyway. We expected to lose this one and it came about. We had no stoppablility for their running game in the middle...they ran like they owned the field...and they did. We held on tho..and made it interesting until I LOST POWER. A transformer Blew its self up and started a fire in snow...hmmm how does that work?? LOL
Anyway...good talk. Thanks for the insight...
Go HAWQUES

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you.jpg

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
One kinda nice thing about this game is that it didn't feel like the sluggish start that we've dealt with in the past when it comes to early games. Really the only game that has felt quite that way was the St. Louis game, and I'm not sure whether that was really about the time since it was immediately following the Harvin stuff.

I'm just hoping that the 10 a.m. aspect being a problem is something that's being put in the rearview mirror.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I don't feel good or bad, its about what I expected.

When the D was getting gashed I kept thinking, this wouldn't have happened to our D from last year right? A combination between losing players due to salary cap issues, free agency and injuries.

Red and Clem - salary cap casualties
McDonalds - free agent
Mebane - injuries

That's the entire starting defensive line from the SB! Hell we have 5 defensive lineman on IR.

Factor in Wagner, and Kam playing hurt. The defense is severely wounded. You can only say 'next man up' for so long before it just doesn't work anymore.

And as far as those 4th downs.... no Unger, no Carpenter, no Zach, we stopped getting any push. I bet we make those tough short runs with those 3 in the game.

And for the love of god Seahawks, can we get a big receiver?? Someone 6'3'' or above who can win some jump balls and fades in the endzone? :dummy:

Hard to be the champ.

endzorn

Reaction score
The reason I'm not as disappointed after this loss is because I've lowered my expectations. I didn't go into the game thinking we would win today and that sucks more than actually losing.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Aros":314xmhtc said:
phenom":314xmhtc said:
You guys have nothing to be ashamed of! What a great game! Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! Good luck the rest of the way!

Signed, a chiefs fan.

Cheers! Fun game! Sucks we came out short but good luck to you guys the rest of the way! You have a great team and coach there.

Seattle isn't anywhere near the team they were last year. Key leaders and contributers were let go. Our offensive line
and recievers HAVE to be upgraded as well as the coordinator. Even then, we came close to beating them in that rat
hole of a stadium (Ive been there). Oh and good luck chiefs fan.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3o61cfeg said:
Tokadub":3o61cfeg said:
- Kearse continues to drop passes which I told everyone in multiple posts this off-season that he has bad hands.... Kearse currently is only catching about 50% of his targets (22 out of 38 on ESPN not sure if they include today's game yet...)

According to PFF, Kearse has only one drop this year. His catch rate is higher than Baldwin's (three drops).

True but you also need to use your eyes a little, Kearse has dropped a number of catchable balls this year. NFL WR catch catchable balls.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Everyone is saying how bad we played, we got exposed etc...

I know they say stats are for losers but, when you look at the numbers, we beat the chiefs in all areas.
Except where it counts the scoreboard.

Let's just let the rest of the season play out. There is still a possibility to be there in the end.

Team Stats SEA KC
First Downs 25 20
Total Plays 71 46
Total Yards 372 298
Passing 168 108
Rushing 204 190
Penalties 8 / 50 3 / 6
Possession 35:57 24:03
Turnovers 0 2

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Anthony!":jklbssv2 said:
hawknation2014":jklbssv2 said:
Tokadub":jklbssv2 said:

True but you also need to use your eyes a little, Kearse has dropped a number of catchable balls this year. NFL WR catch catchable balls.

When? I can't recall him dropping more than one ball in addition to his one drop from today's game.

soxhawk

Reaction score
I agree. All the naysayers aren't football scholars. They want us to peak all year, but that's not how it works. We haven't even peaked yet and we're 6-4.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawknation2014":29cp94tq said:
Anthony!":29cp94tq said:
hawknation2014":29cp94tq said:
Tokadub":29cp94tq said:

When? I can't recall him dropping more than one ball in addition to his own drop from today's game.

I recall a few catchable balls being dropped by Kearse and always at the worst time.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Anthony!":31k3f0l6 said:
I recall a few catchable balls being dropped by Kearse and always at the worst time.

Surely you can at least describe some sort of detail of when so we know what you're talking about.

Kearse isn't anything great, but I don't remember much in terms of drops either.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I loved the game too, it could have been a little better had we won, but this is why I love these Hawks they kept at it and it will have a bigger impact on our future wins, like next week.

It was what I predicted, a slug-fest. I love games like this.

Maybe we won't go all the way this year, and maybe we will rise out of the ashes of a wildcard berth and kick ass all over the world. Doesn't matter to me as long as they keep playing like they did yesterday. I'm in all the way baby.

Win or lose, from my hat to my shoes! - I'm a true blue Hawk fan!!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TheHawkster":28eaygs7 said:
^^^^^ lol. This made me truly smile!
I now understand how unacceptable any game that isn't a complete domination for you guys.

Long time Seahawks fans are completely comfortable at 6-4.
This team is broken and still bringing it every week.

Lombardi goggles aside, this team has been in EVERY ball game......for years.
This is way better than 1992 and 2009.

this right here....

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
i would have felt better but for the pro cheifs commentator....man...every penalty by seattle was clearly a penalty and every non call against the chiefs was incidental contact yada yada yada...

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Mods, I just posted something similar. Feel free to remove. Much thanks.

kearly

Reaction score
There was a moral victory element to this loss for sure. Seattle just played a good team playing hot football and honestly should have won. They owned most of the statistical categories. Wilson played mostly well, Lynch looked great as usual, and the OL continued to steam roll. The secondary did a good job making Alex Smith look like Alex Smith.

But at the same time, this loss was devastating. This loss coupled with the Cardinals winning means that for the first time in two years Seattle does not control their own destiny in the division. Perhaps even more importantly, Marshawn Lynch showed his mortality with a back problem that seems to get worse every week (despite his work load being lowered considerably this year). And then you had the Max Unger injury. And the glaringly obvious issues that Mebane's absence is causing.

This game felt like one step forward, two steps back in the big picture. The most encouraging thing about this game to me was that Seattle avoided being blown out early when the Chiefs were really bringing it, and by the end Seattle actually looked like the better team (which they are).