Geno running the ball after pass to DK(little time left)

knownone

Reaction score
How in the world was it not a mistake? He had 20 seconds to get them closer. It absolutely was a mistake. Just because it's the almighty Geno Smith, doesn't change facts. He failed to do his job in that situation. Yes, he got them down there, but looked utterly confused and panicked when it came time to get them 5-10 more yards. I would like to think that people would expect more from the starting QB.
He got them closer and into FG range. You can call it what you want.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, I won't at all. I didn't say he was THE reason they lost. He was part of it. He does get quite a bit of excuses.
I'm allowed to make points without being a "geno hater"

It goes both ways.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sort of baffled Kownone would say it wasn't a mistake. Even Pete admitted it would've been different if the headset was working. Knownone it feels like you're starting to be guilty of what you accused others of in regards to Geno. They could've gotten a few more yards, made the kick easier and just managed the clock a little better there, almost no one disputes this.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If true, just another arrow in the Geno isn't a great decision maker quiver.

Spike the damn ball and you get 1-2 more plays to get closer.
Yeah regardless if someone loves or hates Geno its odd we can't admit this was atleast a small blunder on Geno's part. He did a great job otherwise and got us down the field which is great, just wish he would've done the right thing and maybe we make the kick. Who knows. But denying it was at least a slight mistake seems odd. people are wild I guess.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah regardless if someone loves or hates Geno its odd we can't admit this was atleast a small blunder on Geno's part. He did a great job otherwise and got us down the field which is great, just wish he would've done the right thing and maybe we make the kick. Who knows. But denying it was at least a slight mistake seems odd. people are wild I guess.

We didn't lose yesterday cause Geno called a draw play, but yes it's a microcosm of a larger issue with Geno..........that he's not the best in game decision maker.

knownone

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sort of baffled Kownone would say it wasn't a mistake. Even Pete admitted it would've been different if the headset was working. Knownone it feels like you're starting to be guilty of what you accused others of in regards to Geno. They could've gotten a few more yards, made the kick easier and just managed the clock a little better there, almost no one disputes this.
I don't think it was a mistake. Nothing is baffling there. And Pete said it wasn't a mistake on his radio show. He even noted that it was a good play call that wasn't blocked properly.

So what am I guilty of, and what have I accused others of doing?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm officially on the fire Waldron wagon.
The long developing plays and lack of running the ball
and not using the tight ends is inexcusable.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Mistakes are throwing an interception or running a play call where time runs out. Like, spiking the ball is maybe the better choice. But really all you're doing is setting up a quick pass to the outside that's probably covered well or running the ball.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The more I watch the last run, the more I realize that it was a really favorable look they got from the retreating Rams defense.

I... don't know what Evan Brown is doing on that block. He gets to the second level and looks for guys to block to his left, instead of to his right where the linebacker was presnap.

Carroll is right. It wasn't blocked right. It was a good look and it should've worked.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Yeah. I was always on team run, but thought a spike would've been preferable. I'm not sure if this was the basis for the decision, but I'm taking my chances running on that look every time.

All Evan has to do is wall that dude off at the second level, man. God damn it.

Peters almost gets there but the play is going away from him, that's on Evan man

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Yeah. I was always on team run, but thought a spike would've been preferable. I'm not sure if this was the basis for the decision, but I'm taking my chances running on that look every time.

Peters almost gets there but the play is going away from him, that's on Evan man
Here's a good shot of that:

Could have been a huge play. I see what Geno meant about go look at the film.

knownone

Reaction score

100 percent. There was some obvious risk/reward with running it there and not discussing it. But it wasn't a bad decision. We had time, the defense gave us a good look, and we were already in FG range. Even that run, as bad as it was, put us right where Myers made a kick earlier in the game.

And let's be honest: if Evan makes that block, that's an 8-yard run. There isn't a single person calling that decision terrible.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
God those screenshots really are disheartening.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't think it was a mistake. Nothing is baffling there. And Pete said it wasn't a mistake on his radio show. He even noted that it was a good play call that wasn't blocked properly.

So what am I guilty of, and what have I accused others of doing?
Pete was sticking up for Geno and there is a reason when this situation comes up teams look to pass there 99 out of a hundred times

You claim everyone who disagrees with you on Wilson and/or Geno are biased and ignore things because of it. You seem to do why’s same thing when any criticism is leveled at Geno…..he can do no wrong,

Ozzy

Reaction score
A 56 yarder is gimme field goal range when you potentially have two more plays to make up some yardage? NFL teams have been doing it wrong all these years I guess