Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

knownone

Reaction score
You forgot the part next year, depending on the incentives Geno hits he will have a cap hit between $33M-$41M in 2024.

Geno is the most expensive Bridge QB in NFL history. Costing more than RW ever did with the Seahawks.
Wilson is the most expensive bridge QB in NFL history—Geno's on a team-friendly, incentive-laden deal that pays him significantly less than Daniel Jones.

Jville

Reaction score
Raw numbers don’t tell the story.

Sean Payton is running an offense that would make Hawk fans lose their minds. It’s 2018 on steroids. Russ barely broke 100 yards passing. He completed like 12 passes.

I’m actually envious of that offense and would love Seattle to play more smash mouth football. I do not understand Waldron slinging it so much.

But Wilson is not a franchise QB in any capacity right now. He’s a game manager playing with a coach that is doing everything he can to mitigate the impact he has on a game.

And trying to wave away Mahomes’ superiors completion percentage as just screens is intellectually dishonest. Trying to compare completion percentage without including number of attempts also leaves out a key part of the story.

I’m not even defending Geno right now. Just not pretending Russ is anything more than he currently is.

Something the numbers didn't reveal is the change in the splits to seal off gaps in that last go ahead offensive offensive drive verses the Browns. I thought that did the trick in getting the offense rolling. Closed up the splits for a couple of plays and then opened them back up a bit.

Of course, there is a whole lot more taking place on the field that numbers also don't describe.

LTH

Reaction score
No. I'm right, that is why you're so mad.

Truth hurts.

Also, you think I'm wrong about JS being one of the best GMs in football? Interesting.

Finally, I haven't really posted that much in this thread. This is just how the community truly feels.

He isn't the guy. Sad to say.
Dude I swear to you that I'm NOT mad. What I am is completely blown away by your perspective. I mean I just can not see almost ANYTHING you talk about. We agree on some stuff but it's weird because it's for completely different reasons.

You have been dogging JS for at least 5 years. If it were up to you Pete Carroll and John Schneider would have been fired 5 years ago and put in the ring of shame.

So no don't take it as me being mad because I'm not mad just blown away... completely..

LTH

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
The QB Standings in the 1st Half of the 2023 Season

I had Geno at #7 going into the season BTW.

Tier I:
#1 Mahomes, reluctantly. (He isn't as good as last year.)
#2 Joe Burrow, finally getting healthy off of the calf injury.
#3 Josh Allen
#4 Tua
#5 Lamar Jackson
#6 Justin Herbert

Tier II:
#7 Jalen Hurts, (Might be playing hurt, has more picks than I'd expect.)
#8 Trevor Lawrence
#9 Kirk Cousins (Never ranked him in the top 10 before. Now he is injured and will never be there again. Enjoy your 15 mins. Kirk!)
#10 Matt Stafford
#11 Jared Goff
#12 CJ Stroud
#13 Russell Wilson
#14 Dak Prescott (Poor Man's Russ has almost caught him.)
#15 Brock Purdy (Gotta turn it around AND fast, as he is a tumblin'.)

#Notable Missable: Aaron Rodgers

Tier III:
#16 Baker Mayfield (10TD; 4 INT)
#17 Derek Carr (8TD; 4INT)
#18 Sam Howell (13 TD; 8 INT)
#19 Geno Smith (9 TD; 6 INT)
#20 Bryce Young (7 TD; 4 INT)
#21 Will Levis (4 TD; 0 INT) (Only 1 start.)

#60 PJ Walker (1 TD; 5 INT) (Thoroughly outplayed Geno most of the last game.)

Reactions: Xxx

LTH

Reaction score
No. I'm right, that is why you're so mad.

Truth hurts.

Also, you think I'm wrong about JS being one of the best GMs in football? Interesting.

Finally, I haven't really posted that much in this thread. This is just how the community truly feels.

He isn't the guy. Sad to say.
See that's the whole problem... Geno doesn't have to be "the guy" all he has to do is get the ball to the play makers.. wasn't that Wilson's flaw? He had to be "theGuy"

As soon as Geno discovers he doesn't have to be "theGuy" that's when it's going to make his job easier.

So again you kind of missed it andbim saying that in a respectful way... I think..

LTH

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Dude I swear to you that I'm NOT mad. What I am is completely blown away by your perspective. I mean I just can not see almost ANYTHING you talk about. We agree on some stuff but it's weird because it's for completely different reasons.

You have been dogging JS for at least 5 years. If it were up to you Pete Carroll and John Schneider would have been fired 5 years ago and put in the ring of shame.

So no don't take it as me being mad because I'm not mad just blown away... completely..

LTH
Never dragged JS. I've always been a proponent of his.

Paul Allen would've fired Pete after the Dallas playoff game had he not fallen ill, or stripped him of his power at the very least, god rest his soul. So…
The Jaguars have more playoff wins since 2017, let that sink in.

You're mad, or you would ignore my threads.

Jville

Reaction score
Actually, Pete Carroll is the man. Happy to Say.

Paul Allen brought a terrific program to Seattle.

warden

Reaction score
One of his incentives is the team winning 9 games.

So not necessarily. There are team success incentives in there.
Well sh!t, I bet you hoped Geno would be unsuccessful on that game winning drive so we wouldn’t have to pay him an incentive

LTH

Reaction score

Paul Allen would've fired Pete after the Dallas playoff game had he not fallen ill, or stripped him of his power at the very least, god rest his soul. So…

No your mis understanding me... I don't hate you I just don't understand you. Some times I come off direct.

LTH

warden

Reaction score

Can you send please share what you are smoking

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You forgot the part next year, depending on the incentives Geno hits he will have a cap hit between $33M-$41M in 2024.

Geno is the most expensive Bridge QB in NFL history. Costing more than RW ever did with the Seahawks.

Now do Russ.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Well sh!t, I bet you hoped Geno would be unsuccessful on that game winning drive so we wouldn’t have to pay him an incentive
You bet wrong.

I'm not worried about Geno hitting his individual incentives. And I want him and the Seahawks to win.

What I am worried about is Geno taking up $33M of cap space next year with no money to spend, and Seattle has to cut quality players, and let quality Free Agents walk to keep him. Instead of cutting him instead.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Russ is $35m. They are probably going to cut him if I was a betting man though, in which case it's much more. They can be free of his contract this offseason and I expect them to take that out.
Now do Russ.

He is cut. Will go to another team at a cheaper price than Geno's current contract and outperform him like he is doing now.

That's the rub. Geno needs to be cut, too. He is not worth the money, either.

2 Wrong's don't make a right.

Ozzy

Reaction score
You forgot the most important stat

Wilson: 22M salary 107M dead cap
Smith: 10M salary 27M dead cap

Now you know why Wilson has inferior talent around him and Geno has superior talent.
and yet Wilson has played much better than Geno on the year with a worst supporting cast. I said it when they signed Geno I wasn’t a fan because I was worried second half Geno is the real Geno and the first half was fluky. I got killed on here for that yet it’s played out exactly like that. But Geno is frustrating because I think he’s talented enough to prove me wrong and I hope he does!

knownone

Reaction score
The hyperbole is getting ridiculous.

Even if you think Geno and Wilson are equal or that Wilson is doing more with less, or whatever, trading Wilson got us Fant, Cross, Mafe, Witherspoon, and Hall, among other things. It saved us 21M APY to build our roster, and that's not even including guaranteed money, of which Geno's overall hit is minuscule by comparison.

LTH

Reaction score
The hyperbole is getting ridiculous.

Even if you think Geno and Wilson are equal or that Wilson is doing more with less, or whatever, trading Wilson got us Fant, Cross, Mafe, Witherspoon, and Hall, among other things. It saved us 21M APY to build our roster, and that's not even including guaranteed money, of which Geno's overall hit is minuscule by comparison.
Wilson has brought down the Denver Broncos organization just with his contract but also with his stardom issues. I'd rather pay Geno his salary rather than have Wilson for free.

LTH

knownone

Reaction score
Wilson has brought down the Denver Broncos organization just with his contract but also with his stardom issues. I'd rather pay Geno his salary rather than have Wilson for free.

LTH
That's fair. I don't have a strong opinion on Denver or Wilson. So if he were free, I'd probably take him.

However, I don't think he's been better than Geno this season, and I wouldn't swap them if given the opportunity.