Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Geez man, it's a joke. I don't want them to fire Pete. But, he absolutely has a pile of issues like many coaches.
People post Fire Pete all the time........it's called Sarcasm. So, I guess we can't joke around anymore? :rolleyes:
You forgot to put emphasis on [redacted for comedy], haha.

**side note**
A lot of posters here are on edge all the time and everyone is out to get them/talk $#!7, it's pretty damn funny and sad at the same time, lol. Folks get distraught over nothing of significance, too the point you gotta question their overall mental health/blood pressure. Never change sports fans, it's not embarrassing at all (j/k...it is).

***ETA*** Geno is good enough to get it done, just need everything to come together. Will it happen this season? We'll just have to see over the next few weeks. The time is now or it might be too little to late. Time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
And again, with an all beat to hell O-Line, they are not going to have any consistency in either Run or Pass blocking, and Geno will again take the brunt of criticisms.
If play calls take too much time to develop, Speedy Defenses nowadays will come through the fray looking a lot better.
The Browns 'D' is pretty damned sophisticated, the Seahawks Offensive Line is still beat up and the Duct-Tape is looking pretty frayed - This is going to be onehellofa tough game for the Seahawks to win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I just like to mess with Fade, it's fun.
Tough game Sunday for sure. We need the O Line AND Geno on top of their game.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Geez man, it's a joke. I don't want them to fire Pete. But, he absolutely has a pile of issues like many coaches.
People post Fire Pete all the time........it's called Sarcasm. Guess it's ok for some to joke around and not others.
You can joke all you want. Just don't get upset when you get responses from the people you are trying to goad with the joke.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Waldron's the most creative coordinator Pete's ever had, so I don't buy into the it's Pete's meddling narrative anymore.

But like most offenses, if the O-line and run game are struggling? Modern NFL defenses with their speed and quickness are just too good to not be able to scheme to stop mediocre offenses not firing on all cylinders.

It's happening all over the league. Scoring is down, explosive plays are down, red zone TD's are down, it's all down. We're no exception.
The overall flow and want to "win the game in the 4th" still come directly from Pete and have a very definite impact on Waldron's ability to use his creativity.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. I thought it was funny, so I'm good with it. Won't happen again, I can see how it is around here now with different rules for different people. And that's fine. I enjoy coming on here on workdays.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Fair enough. I thought it was funny, so I'm good with it. Won't happen again, I can see how it is around here now with different rules for different people. And that's fine. I enjoy coming on here on workdays.
Hey Soulfish! I was beginning to think you suffered from Tourette's syndrome with "Fire Pete!" being the byproduct of it! It's all good man. Sometimes you lighten things up and other times you get under people's skin. Makes you perfectly normal and utterly acceptable around here IMO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I know I can be an a hole at times, but it's never personal. I just like to have fun, that's all. If someone doesn't like me, oh well. Meh, it's a message board, nothing more. And a good one. People throw it right back at me, and that's good too. I'm guessing a huge percentage of us have never met a single person from the board.

WarHawks

Reaction score
So how do you propose they get a quarterback who's better than Geno Smith? What could possibly go wrong?
Oh I don't know, maybe try drafting more than one in the last seven years?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They've been very lucky with QB's. Russ never missed a game until his 10th season. Geno hasn't missed a game since becoming the starter. And at least they have a decent backup.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The overall flow and want to "win the game in the 4th" still come directly from Pete and have a very definite impact on Waldron's ability to use his creativity.

I haven't noticed any difference between 1st quarter Waldron playcalling and 4th quarter Waldron playcalling, other than situationally based on having the lead and not having the lead.

Maybe he and Pete's adjustments to what the defense is doing takes too long for my liking, but again I don't see what you're talking about. I think you still have some preconceived anti-Pete biases going on here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Cincy game was a trip. The first drive was maybe the best and most creative drive of the year. The rest of the game? Meh.

Right. Great week of gameplanning and scheming to look great the 1st drive, then an absolutely putrid job of adjusting once Cincy adjusted.

Waldron is still a young playcaller, so the poor adjusting comes with the territory. But it SHOULD be getting better by now, and it's really not.

Concerning.

keasley45

Reaction score
The Cincy game was a trip. The first drive was maybe the best and most creative drive of the year. The rest of the game? Meh.

You have to pay attention to the run game.
When the run game is churning, our offense hums. Not because Pete mandates it, but because in this offense, it's required to open up the whole field. Shane simply will not call certain routes if the lb's consistently sit back.

The frustrating thing in the Cincy game was the abandoning of the run game and in its place, little in the way of a underneath game that might utilize a strength like JSN.

I still think part of the issue is chemistry. But we shall see.