FREE RUSSELL!

John63

Reaction score
HawkStrong":3vgl87iz said:
xray":3vgl87iz said:
jammerhawk":3vgl87iz said:
Your anti-Pete, anti-front office and anti-coaching bias is non-stop.

Are you able to discuss anything else, or ever say anything positive about the team?

Just wondering?
I have no problem at all with the team . It's Carroll and lack of his accountability to anyone . He runs the whole thing like he owns it . He doesn't answer even to the GM Schneider because he hired Schneider . Do you think Jody Allen would even say chit to Carroll ? He's bullet proof and that's a damn problem . There are many others in here that have nothing good to say about Carroll either . Read around .

What a terrible take.

Perhaps but in some way it is accurate.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":133jra47 said:
Sgt. Largent":133jra47 said:
Smashcut to Pete's post game presser after we win by a point, and he says after a reporter asked him if he knew TB had the #1 run defense in the league so why'd we try to run so much....................."well, we don't really pay attention to the other team, we know what we want to do."

Typical answer . He is so in control and spot on ; he doesn't even need to study film either . As for freeing Wilson...8th season and still waiting on that .

I'm critical of Pete's stubbornness with gameplanning and playcalling, but overall it's hard to argue with how he's handled Russell.

I mean, check the stats. Russell's been at the top of the league in every stat that matters for a good 4-5 years with TD's, QBR, completion percentage, explosive plays, TD/Int ratio, etc.

So yes, while I'd love Pete to hand over control of the playcalling and gameplanning to Schotty and Russell, I do think he's managed Russell well, and kept him healthy...........everyone's gushing all over Mahomes, but he's a textbook example of what happens when you just FREE a QB.

Same thing's going to happen to Jackson, too much exposure to hits is going to catch up to a QB.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":15zrx8jl said:
xray":15zrx8jl said:
Sgt. Largent":15zrx8jl said:
Smashcut to Pete's post game presser after we win by a point, and he says after a reporter asked him if he knew TB had the #1 run defense in the league so why'd we try to run so much....................."well, we don't really pay attention to the other team, we know what we want to do."

Typical answer . He is so in control and spot on ; he doesn't even need to study film either . As for freeing Wilson...8th season and still waiting on that .

I'm critical of Pete's stubbornness with gameplanning and playcalling, but overall it's hard to argue with how he's handled Russell.

I mean, check the stats. Russell's been at the top of the league in every stat that matters for a good 4-5 years with TD's, QBR, completion percentage, explosive plays, TD/Int ratio, etc.

So yes, while I'd love Pete to hand over control of the playcalling and gameplanning to Schotty and Russell, I do think he's managed Russell well, and kept him healthy.

The question is though, is that because of PC or in spite of PC. Where would he be if say he had Andy Reed? Or any coach that is willing to change his philosophy to suite his players/talent. It is a legitimate thought.

Chapow

Reaction score
John63":dz8eh301 said:
Sgt. Largent":dz8eh301 said:
xray":dz8eh301 said:
Sgt. Largent":dz8eh301 said:

So yes, while I'd love Pete to hand over control of the playcalling and gameplanning to Schotty and Russell, I do think he's managed Russell well, and kept him healthy.

The question is though, is that because of PC or in spite of PC. Where would he be if say he had Andy Reed? Or any coach that is willing to change his philosophy to suite his players/talent. It is a legitimate thought.

Quite possibly missing games due to injury like Mahomes.

Chapow

Reaction score
xray":kyo0i2yf said:
jammerhawk":kyo0i2yf said:

Are you able to discuss anything else, or ever say anything positive about the team?

Just wondering?
I have no problem at all with the team . It's Carroll and lack of his accountability to anyone . He runs the whole thing like he owns it . He doesn't answer even to the GM Schneider because he hired Schneider . Do you think Jody Allen would even say chit to Carroll ? He's bullet proof and that's a damn problem . There are many others in here that have nothing good to say about Carroll either . Read around .

Perhaps Jody Allen doesn't feel the need to "even say chit" to Carroll seeing as he has her team at 6-2?

What's she going to say? "Look Pete, I know you just keep winning way more often than you lose, but I don't like how you're winning so I want you to start winning differently".

Chapow

Reaction score
xray":2fdpclhx said:
SoulfishHawk":2fdpclhx said:
That Russ kid might just make it :irishdrinkers:

But can you imagine Wilson under different coaching ? Belichick--Reid--Payton...holy chit :!:

He'd probably be one of the favorites for league MVP.

Oh wait...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":1vuanbhc said:
Sgt. Largent":1vuanbhc said:
xray":1vuanbhc said:
Sgt. Largent":1vuanbhc said:

Idk, probably more yards, TD's and higher chance of getting injured with taking more hits from all those extra pass attempts.

Here's the bottom line with Russell...........remember all those "is Russell elite" and "Russell vs Luck" national and local conversations? We aren't having those conversations anymore are we?

- He's elite, top 2-3 QB's in the league
- He's stayed healthy and far surpassed Luck (out of the league due to too many hits and coach that didn't know how to use him and keep him healthy)
- He's in the MVP conversation
- Still balling out stats wise

So yeah, let's give Pete some love on Russell.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":4w3pxp22 said:
xray":4w3pxp22 said:
jammerhawk":4w3pxp22 said:

Just wondering?

Perhaps Jody Allen doesn't feel the need to "even say chit" to Carroll seeing as he has her team at 6-2?

What's she going to say? "Look Pete, I know you just keep winning way more often than you lose, but I don't like how you're winning so I want you to start winning differently".

There is no scorecard for style points on Ws.

Pete’s record since arriving here is 95 - 55, two SB appearances and the only SB win in team history, playoffs every season but 1. That is a very good record. He Presently holds a team record 6-2 team record for this season. In that has won all away games this year. Just what is Jody Allen going to discuss with him?

Would Jody actually say: I need you to win by bigger margins? I am uncertain about the team’s pass rush? What’s up with your young guys on pass D? Russell needs to be given more latitude?; I frankly doubt it.

Your anti-Pete/anti-FO agenda is slipped into every thread. It’s obvious you think the team would be better w/o him. You need more material b/c the agenda you are pushing non-stop is wearing a tad thin and isn’t factually supported.

Chapow

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2o2cld8l said:
Chapow":2o2cld8l said:
xray":2o2cld8l said:
jammerhawk":2o2cld8l said:

Just wondering?

There is no scorecard for style points on Ws.

Pete’s record since arriving here is 95 - 55, two SB appearances and the only SB win in team history, playoffs every season but 1. That is a very good record. He Presently holds a team record 6-2 team record for this season. In that has won all away games this year. Just what is Jody Allen going to discuss with him?

Would Jody actually say: I need you to win by bigger margins? I am uncertain about the team’s pass rush? What’s up with your young guys on pass D? Russell needs to be given more latitude?; I frankly doubt it.

Your anti-Pete/anti-FO agenda is slipped into every thread. It’s obvious you think the team would be better w/o him. You need more material b/c the agenda you are pushing non-stop is wearing a tad thin and isn’t factually supported.

Usually when someone quotes a post, they are responding to that post.

Having said that, I can't imagine your post was directed at me, was it?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hell no Chapow, the post was directed at Xray.

In fact your points in reply to Xray's continuing mission to create anti-Pete commentary in every thread were completely right on. My post agreed with yours so it couldn't be mistaken who the post was directed towards.

John63

Reaction score
Chapow":3fla5mf7 said:
John63":3fla5mf7 said:
Sgt. Largent":3fla5mf7 said:
xray":3fla5mf7 said:

Quite possibly missing games due to injury like Mahomes.

OR just as possibly a multiple MVP with multiple SB

John63

Reaction score
Chapow":1s350tsd said:
xray":1s350tsd said:
jammerhawk":1s350tsd said:

Just wondering?

Or look I know you keep wining g in the regular season but you can't seem to get it down in the playoffs anymore and in the end that is the goal.

John63

Reaction score
Like I said to all you people who are good with being one and done in the playoffs good for you. It's good to know your goal is not to be the best the to be kind of in the conversation. Me I want to be the best, and we are not. We could be if we just changed our philosophy, but we are trying to run the same philosophy despite the fact the talent dictates a different one.

So since you are all good with being a fringe contender great, you get your wish we are a fringe contender, be happy, because thats all we will be till either PC gets the kind of talent he needs to run what he wants, or he does what great coaches do and changes his philosophy to match the players he has.

The reason NE has been so successful is that their HC changes his philosophy and way he plays to suite the players he has and game plans for each team he faces. OUR HC does not do either and has admitted to not doing either.

I am not anti PC and don't want him to go, I want him to move form being a very good coach to a great coach, and until he is willing to change to suite what he has and who he plays he will not be.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
A lot of the people here if given the chance to own a team would be Daniel Snyder 2.0, Woody Johnson 2,0, Bill Bidwell 2,0, etc. etc. etc.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
John63":3i48v7lf said:
So since you are all good with being a fringe contender great, you get your wish we are a fringe contender, be happy, because thats all we will be till either PC gets the kind of talent he needs to run what he wants, or he does what great coaches do and changes his philosophy to match the players he has.

The reason NE has been so successful is that their HC changes his philosophy and way he plays to suite the players he has and game plans for each team he faces. OUR HC does not do either and has admitted to not doing either.

I am not anti PC and don't want him to go, I want him to move form being a very good coach to a great coach, and until he is willing to change to suite what he has and who he plays he will not be.

This is a reasoned and sensible for an anti-Pete position. However, do you really think Carroll would admit to changing game plans for each opponent, and do you genuinely think he doesn't? Over Pete's tenure the team has shown a remarkable ability to adjust to what the other team is serving up. Lately if honest there are areas of the team that are in need of personnel help. They seem to be working upon a few and have opened up a good cap position again to allow those deserving to be kept.

I'm not satisfied with having my team being a fringe contender and it is wrong to think that those of us who are not vocally Anti-Pete or Anti-Front office are in anyway happy with an outrageously poor performance like the 2nd half of last Sunday's game. Was that on Pete though, or did the team show up flat for the 2nd half, or did Atlanta simply start playing up to the ability many predicted of them before the season started (they get paid too, and had embarrassed themselves up to then)??? Not sure I know yet, but the team captains and Pete stood up and took the heat, so there is that.

The team is not 7-0 like the Digits are and have lost 2 games they could have won. However they are still 6-2 and at present are a playoff level team. That's a good thing even if the team has not played convincingly well all season yet. There are reasons aplenty for that being the case, lack of positional talent in a few key areas, poor performance by a few players who were expected to do more, overall youthful personnel, and a few odd coaching decisions. To me though the team is improved over last season though we need to see more from our DLine and DBs, and the OLine needs to pass protect better. The coaching decisions are at times predictable sometimes big balled and other times % based, but are easily able to be disagreed with but remain part of what otherwise has made Pete successful as a coach. To me the negativity around Pete seems to be based upon a theory that it easy for the team to be a whole lot better than it's record indicates it is and therein the are arguments that can be made in each direction. I understand those which make sense and are based logically, the others seem part of some perpetually negative agenda.

Pete is and has been a lot better head coach than all the prior coaches of the team to now. Replacing him with a coach who is younger will inescapably happen before too long but until then our coach has brought us the best period of Seahawks results in the history of the franchise and this team is not achieving mediocre results. Sadly they are not winning as convincingly as we all may wish. We have not seen the finish of the season and rather normally Pete's team finish well and are philosophically coached up to to do so.

We need to watch and see what is coming up. I think this team will get stronger as the season progresses.

John63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2bdiprsv said:
John63":2bdiprsv said:

This is a reasoned and sensible for an anti-Pete position. However, do you really think Carroll would admit to changing game plans for each opponent, and do you genuinely think he doesn't? over Pete's tenure the team has shown a remarkable ability to adjust to what the other team is serving up. Lately if honest there are areas of the team that are in need of personnel help.

I'm not satisfied with having my team being a fringe contender and it is wrong to think that those of us who are not vocally Anti-Pete or Anti-Front office are in anyway happy with an outrageously poor performance like the 2nd half of last Sunday's game. Was that on Pete though, or did the team show up flat for the 2nd half, or did Atlanta simply start playing up to the ability many predicted of them before the season started (they get paid too, and had embarrassed themselves up to then)??? Not sure I know yet, but the team captains and Pete stood up and took the heat, so there is that.

The team is not 7-0 like the Digits are and have lost 2 games they could have won. However they are still 6-2 and at present are a playoff level team. That's a good thing even if the team has not played convincingly well all season yet. There are reasons aplenty for that being the case, lack of positional talent in a few key areas, poor performance by a few players who were expected to do more, overall youthful personnel, and a few odd coaching decisions. To me though the team is improved over last season though we need to see more from our DLine and DBs, and the OLine needs to pass protect better. The coaching decisions are at times predictable sometimes big balled and other times % based, but are easily able to be disagreed with but remain part of what otherwise has made Pete successful as a coach. To me the negativity around Pete seems to be based upon a theory that it easy for the team to be a whole lot better than it's record indicates it is and therein the are arguments that can be made in each direction. I understand those which make sense and are based logically, the others seem part of some perpetually negative agenda.

Pete is and has been a lot better head coach than all the prior coaches of the team to now. Replacing him with a coach who is younger will inescapably happen before too long but until then our coach has brought us the best period of Seahawks results in the history of the franchise and this team is not achieving mediocre results. Sadly they are not winning as convincingly as we all may wish. We have not seen the finish of the season and rather normally Pete's team finish well and are philosophically coached up to to do so.

We need to watch and see what is coming up. I think this team will get stronger as the season progresses.

I think PC is exactly what he says he is and has shown throughout his career is. He wants to do what he wants to do and is not changing, and that is okay as long as you have the players to run it. But we do not. As I said a Great coach changes his philosophy to suite the players he has. As much as I hate Bellechik, he does this which is why they are almost always not just fringe contenders but serious contenders that actually win the big one allot. As to changing things from game to game depending on the team actually I think he does very little of this and if you go back and look at the games you will see very little change to the defense game to game.

You might be right we might get better, we also might not. However, none of that will change the fact that we don't have the players to play the system he wants to play, and he to now, has been unwilling to change to suite what he's got.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Maybe so, but the past history doesn't support as negative a viewpoint as some here espouse.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Getting on point with the thread the team will need to vary their game plan against the Buccs as the Buccs have the best run D in the league. I suspect Pete will know that and there will be changes until the Buccs sell out to stop the passing game.

Expect lots of play action, and expect Russell to be morphing to quick passing attack early.

John63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1wcql8o6 said:
Getting on point with the thread the team will need to vary their game plan against the Buccs as the Buccs have the best run D in the league. I suspect Pete will know that and there will be changes until the Buccs sell out to stop the passing game.

Expect lots of play action, and expect Russell to be morphing to quick passing attack early.

Thast what they should do, that is doubtful what they will do though.

zchurch74

Reaction score
This is the perfect game for Pete to be stubborn and do nothing but run the ball and lose this game only to say in the postgame the loss was all on him and he needs to be a better coach.