Free Agent News--other teams

nanomoz

Reaction score
I guess if the Panthers are going to overpay for people, overpaying to protect their remarkable investment at QB is the most reasonable way to overpay.

GemCity

Reaction score
It seems to me that MM didn't want Queen... at least he didn't want Queen 13Million worth. ...and he probably knows a lot more about the guy than anyone contributing to this thread. I think there's a good chance that we avoided a mistake because of inside information. If MM knows the Michigan/Big10 LBs and also knows PQueen and chose not to give PQueen 13Million, well... maybe there's something we should glean from that. I mean, unless everyone else watching the sky falling was both a Ravens Coach and College coach in the last several years.
Great viewpoint!

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
The 49ers got the lowest grade from PFF on one of their free agent signings. PFF gave them a D for giving Yetur Gross-Matos $18 million for two years. That's a lot of money for a JAG.

Mizak

Reaction score
Do they even have a salary cap? Hmmmmm

Collins, 28, is San Francisco's fourth addition to the defensive line since the NFL's early negotiating window opened on Monday. The Niners have also agreed to terms with ends Leonard Floyd and Yetur Gross-Matos and with tackle Jordan Elliott.

San Francisco's overhaul of the defensive line coincides with many of their key players in that group hitting free agency. Ends Chase Young, Clelin Ferrell and Randy Gregory and tackles Javon Kinlaw, Kevin Givens and Sebastian Joseph-Dayare all unrestricted free agents. Ferrell (Washington Commanders) and Kinlaw (New York Jets) have already agreed to deals elsewhere.

GemCity

Reaction score
The Niners add players every year and own this division. Meanwhile, fans on here are worried we'll go into a decade long cap hell if we sign some backup player on the first day for a dollar more than he would have cost another team.
True story!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Which has nothing to do with the sketchy "cap" that the Rams and Niners seem to have.
Others bring it up, it gets glossed over. If I do, I get blasted. Good stuff :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
Do the Niners ever stop adding to their DL?
Except for Leonard Floyd (who has also been declining), the 49ers didn't add anyone good to their D-line. Maliek Collins and Yetur Gross-Matos are just JAGs, and Jordan Elliott is way below average. They're going to miss Arik Armstead. I mean Javon Kinlaw is better than Elliott, even if he couldn't stop the run. I think this defense will take a step back next year.