Free Agent News--other teams

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think it was a bit idealistic for many to presume that an NFL star would be so loyal as to follow a coach. Pittsburgh is a better team defensively in a more popular market. A guy who is making deep playoff runs doesn't want to head to a team that has so many unknowns defensively.

That said, the contract was a little low compared to what I was expecting for him.
Don't mistake my comment though. I wanted him in Seattle big time. I'm just not going to assume that the Hawks didn't offer the same or more.
It just seems like an automatic "these guys are stupid" thing w/out knowing the actual details. I thought he would get even more.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dude you must have skipped the memo where we have infinite cap space and will sign every and any player we want because they all want to come here and play for a brand new set up (coaching staff).

Check your spam - or your deleted folder. You have to stop overlooking these vital memos.
Exactly. I feel ashamed. They didn't trade a 7th for Aaron Donald. This front office sucks!!!!!

BASF

Reaction score
Several are laughing about the Panthers, but please remember that the Saints had the highest paid tandem of guards while Brees was there. If Canales is going to help Young, he needs guards that will open those passing lanes to the middle of the field.

Jville

Reaction score
Several are laughing about the Panthers, but please remember that the Saints had the highest paid tandem of guards while Brees was there. If Canales is going to help Young, he needs guards that will open those passing lanes to the middle of the field.

Excellent recall and point. It certainly worked for Brees.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I think we need to temper our expectations a little bit. I know we're all excited about the new coaching staff and some of us might be expecting huge splashy moves or moves that we want to see happen, but I trust MM has a plan and a vision; right now we need to be patient and see how things play out before we start feeling some type of resentment or disappointment. There's still LOTS of room for optimism and success.

chrispy

Reaction score
It seems to me that MM didn't want Queen... at least he didn't want Queen 13Million worth. ...and he probably knows a lot more about the guy than anyone contributing to this thread. I think there's a good chance that we avoided a mistake because of inside information. If MM knows the Michigan/Big10 LBs and also knows PQueen and chose not to give PQueen 13Million, well... maybe there's something we should glean from that. I mean, unless everyone else watching the sky falling was both a Ravens Coach and College coach in the last several years.

Scout

Reaction score
Panthers are on a roll.

Signing LB Josey Jewel.

Evero is putting together a defensive squad that fits his scheme.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
The Steelers defense is even worse than ours. It's probably just as simple as they were willing to pay him more.
Although our D made their O look like prime peak patriots and their D made our O look like - well, yeah

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I think we need to temper our expectations a little bit. I know we're all excited about the new coaching staff and some of us might be expecting huge splashy moves or moves that we want to see happen, but I trust MM has a plan and a vision; right now we need to be patient and see how things play out before we start feeling some type of resentment or disappointment. There's still LOTS of room for optimism and success.
Not everybody can be TT boy tossing rope after rope after rope eh?

olyfan63

Reaction score
DeeJay Dallas is signing with the Cards. First Collier, now Dallas? That organization is pilfering us. Where are we going to find an underwhelming kick returner now?
Wow, the real question is where will we ever find an overpaid, underperforming DL to compensate for the loss of Collier? And how will Maelstrom ever find a replacement avatar for LJ Collier drawing a holding call and a safety on Kyler Murray?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Drew Lock to the Giants….
Sad to see him go. I wish Drew well in Giants-land. Clearing the decks for a drafted QB, apparently. IMO this makes Penix even more of a draft target for the Hawks.

Latest posts