Does Macdonald keep Geno?

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Broncos had a new coach, Teddy Bridgewater, and Lock.
Seahawks have a new coach, Geno Bridgewater, and Lock.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
DOES THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?

Attachments

• genolombardi.png
    genolombardi.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

haroldseattle

Reaction score
Geno played better at 32 then he did at 33 and at 34 I'm not hopeful he bounces back. This 2024 draft is a outstanding QB draft and 2025 QB class looks really weak and even if a couple rise up to look like potential NFL starting material, they be long gone before the Seahawks pick. So 2024 is the time to nab that QB of the future. Macdonald has no loyalty issues like Pete did, probably just the opposite. Course depends if JS thinks he can land the QB of the future this draft. So many holes to fill, moving up will be painful especially since Pete traded away the Seahawks 2nd rounder for a rent a player. Could Penix or Nix fall to the Seahawks? IDK, maybe. Be nice if Geno could be traded for additional draft capitol, even a 4th round pick would help. Seahawks are off to a new era, Geno belongs in the old era. I'm ready to move from him.

James in PA

Reaction score
Macdonald is on Team Lock.

He said yesterday at his presser that he is looking forward to meeting Drew Lock (who is a free agent).

Freudian slip?

Ozzy

Reaction score
After listening to them talk about the position it didn’t seem like they were married to Geno. My guess is they move on. This could change if the OC loves him. With a Feb 6 cut day they need to sign the OC asap

Parallax

Reaction score
After listening to them talk about the position it didn’t seem like they were married to Geno.
More like, "Kind of recognize the face. Didn't he go to a pro bowl? Great guy I'm sure."

bigcc

Reaction score
I am expecting the Hawks to not only retain Geno but possibly extend him to lower his cap hit. It will depend on what the new OC thinks of Geno
He's 33 dude he's not getting an extension lol

nwHawk

Reaction score
Macdonald is on Team Lock.

He said yesterday at his presser that he is looking forward to meeting Drew Lock (who is a free agent).

Freudian slip?
Yeah, that caught my attention too. And it wasn’t just that he said it, but also the energy in his eye when he said it.

12forlife

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing trading a 3rd or next year's 2nd for Fields to see what he has in our system (whatever that is)? Then draft a QB with upside incase we don't want to pay Fields?

bigcc

Reaction score
Or trade for Trey Lance.
LOL

Bro if we traded for lance Schneider would need to be drawn and quartered after a walk of shame.

Giving up draft picks for a dude who has taken like one season of snaps in his entire life combined would be lunacy.

Justin fields is at least interesting from a player standpoint, but it would also be lunacy to give draft picks for one year before getting paid....

The entire value of a drafted qb is the contract, pick at 16 gets 4 years for less than 4 million a season and then the cheap (comparatively) 5th year option....

That's 4 years of saving 35-40+ million on the qb spot....

Draft is the move

Parallax

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing trading a 3rd or next year's 2nd for Fields to see what he has in our system (whatever that is)? Then draft a QB with upside incase we don't want to pay Fields?
Oh Lord, please no. Sounds like something Pete would do. Draft picks are sacrosanct. And Fields does not look like he'll ever be a franchise guy. More likely, worst of both worlds. Someone you have to pay $40M a year to keep and not remotely worth it.

bigcc

Reaction score
Draft a qb and pay a 2nd for one year of fields.

Brilliant stuff here

But we gave a second for one year of leonard so who knows

bigcc

Reaction score
Oh Lord, please no. Sounds like something Pete would do. Draft picks are sacrosanct. And Fields does not look like he'll ever be a franchise guy. More likely, worst of both worlds. Someone you have to pay $40M a year to keep and not remotely worth it.
I'm not as down as you on fields, but you're right about the money and he's not worth the 40+

Spotrac estimates 47.1/year with a 6 year 283 million dollar contract..... He's not that dude

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I think you have to keep him for one more year. I don't see any alternative to it. Fill some holes in the draft and off season and maybe have a QB waiting in the wings if there's one they like.
PP, you serious I typically respect your takes but why not just go Lock? I think you know football far better then myself.

Parallax

Reaction score
Lock and/or some other veteran. Last year Mayfield played on a $3M or $4M contract. He'll cost more to sign this year but he's not the only guy who might benefit from a second chance. That could be Lock. If not, try someone else. Wait until all the expensive free agents have been signed and see who's left.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
PP, you serious I typically respect your takes but why not just go Lock? I think you know football far better then myself.

I'm just thinking that Geno has another year on his contract and he could mentor a young QB if one was chosen. Parting ways with Geno and going with Lock works too if they get decent return for Geno. It's all just a guessing game at this point. I'm just excited to see what takes shape this offseason.

BASF

Reaction score
Why is it so many act like the twelfth highest cap hit for a QB in the top fifteen of most metrics is so high? Is it just that you think the NFL in general is paying too much for middling QBs? I have nothing against Geno or how much we are paying him and am fascinated at how many seem too.

He is a decent QB who pulled several wins out for us this season. Of course several of the posters who have been against him since the trade that got him the opportunity were not happy with him winning us games as it cost us draft position and made it a little harder to see the end of the Carroll era.

The question can not be answered until an OC has been hired as has been astutely pointed out by a few posters. What I hope happens is that we move on from him and set us up for the future. However, the several posters who seem obsessed with Smith and his play like he is robbing the Seahawks organization is bizarre.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm just thinking that Geno has another year on his contract and he could mentor a young QB if one was chosen. Parting ways with Geno and going with Lock works too if they get decent return for Geno. It's all just a guessing game at this point. I'm just excited to see what takes shape this offseason.
Fair enough.