pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Throwdown":2btsj91l said:
pittpnthrs":2btsj91l said:
Throwdown":2btsj91l said:
Palmegranite":2btsj91l said:
How about 3 win seasons?
Empty stands?

Is this some sort of wish to be like that sadness factory in Cleveland?

A bizarre badge of suckage honour?

"Our mope fans support our crap team better than yours!

I’m fine with it, I don’t think it’d happen but I’m fine with the consequences of shipping off a declining player to rebuild this $h!t into a team that isn’t soft cuz it was built in his image.

How about a declining coach?

The coach who fixed a defense two years in a row? Covered up for the deficiencies of a limited diva QB? What coach is declining?

OMG. Fixed a defense? The defense still stinks and has for years now. Coach covering up for the QB? Lol. You're twisted. Whats Petes record again without Wilson?

Throwdown

Reaction score
John63":3fq70lj6 said:
Throwdown":3fq70lj6 said:
John63":3fq70lj6 said:
Throwdown":3fq70lj6 said:
I’m fine with it, I don’t think it’d happen but I’m fine with the consequences of shipping off a declining player to rebuild this $h!t into a team that isn’t soft cuz it was built in his image.

yeah to bad everything you said is false but that's okay.

You can sit there in denial your whole life but the open receivers in the middle field tell a different story than the $h!t you try and paint.

Look I get it, Seahawks have never had a superstar QB til Russ. But there will always come a time to say good bye, I’d rather say good bye now than deal with him making everyone else around him look bad cuz he can’t read a defense properly.

Well for one all these supposed open wr in the middle does not equat to a declining player.

Not seeing them does or being able to hit them with anticipation does

John63

Reaction score
Throwdown":31vj377t said:
John63":31vj377t said:
Throwdown":31vj377t said:
John63":31vj377t said:
yeah to bad everything you said is false but that's okay.

You can sit there in denial your whole life but the open receivers in the middle field tell a different story than the $h!t you try and paint.

Look I get it, Seahawks have never had a superstar QB til Russ. But there will always come a time to say good bye, I’d rather say good bye now than deal with him making everyone else around him look bad cuz he can’t read a defense properly.

Well for one all these supposed open wr in the middle does not equat to a declining player.

Hmm well I guess Brady. Rodgers and mahomes are declining they all missed them in numerous games this year.

Throwdown

Reaction score
John63":313s68zr said:
Throwdown":313s68zr said:
John63":313s68zr said:
Throwdown":313s68zr said:

Hmm well I guess Brady. Rodgers and mahomes are declining they all missed them in numerous games this year.

They at least attempt them, they also can convert a 3rd down on a consistent basis, Russ has never done so.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
John63":1efpkrrh said:
Throwdown":1efpkrrh said:
John63":1efpkrrh said:
Throwdown":1efpkrrh said:

"That was the 4th down?" (Sleepy Tom)

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
And now we are pulling up posts that are 9 months old :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Older posts regularly show up in similar threads below. I don't need to work too hard to find these. It took me all of 20 seconds to post and it is very relevant to what is happening now. When the post was started isn't the point, the ongoing anti-Pete narrative is.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Well if there was any doubt about the reasons behind pttpanthers downplaying Geno and the team's success thus far, we can now see the origins..... :)
Honestly, I assume the origins go much further back. Perhaps if another similar post pops up someone will comment on it and we can know for sure - not that it matters.

Pitt has a perspective which I am supportive of their/her/his right to voice, however, when staking a flag in a hill of absolutism, it isn't too surprising for the past to be brought into the conversation as the perspective fails to be upheld by performance and facts.

Once Pitt and others (Twisted, Fade et. al.) are able to admit that Pete Carroll does not equate to whatever hyperbolic derogatory statement they come up with then posting to these prior absolutist statements won't likely happen.

Now I shouldn't have to say that Pete Carroll isn't perfect and I don't think he believes that he is perfect either. Nobody is perfect.

Pete Carroll has built an effective culture of competition that will result in success by supporting individuals and the team to develop and find success.

The fact that the defense is struggling after four games means little to what will happen after 10 unless corrections and changes don't happen.

I've seen this many times before where improvements happen and Pete Carroll deserves most of the credit in developing a culture of competition and development where improvement, I believe, can and will occur.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Yes, I really want Russ gone. I think we can probably get a couple of 1st and 2nd round picks for him and a back up QB(Maybe from Denver).

I have this odd feeling Geno will step up so the loss of Russ isn't that big of a deal.

W

Welshers

Besides the personal hatred or discomfort you may carry towards Russ, do you really want him gone? I’ve read everything from he’s self absorbed to his wife will be happier in a place like NY to salary to…

Tons of attacks on his character. I’m sitting over here in OH like…”wtf”. This is a dude that has focused on community and posts something about God more than any player I can remember. I’m not saying he’s an angel but, attacks on his character seem silly. When he comes out and says he wants to be a Seahawk for life but will be playing somewhere if not here, there’s an uproar. Is he lying? Is that not blatantly honest and true? If you’ve bailed a team out countless times, have watched players like Ungar get whisked away while seeing a guy like Eskridge get taken over Creed, I think you’d get a bit frustrated as well. Nothing against Graham or Dee…just saying we haven’t invested in the line like we should have. If a particular philosophy doesn’t work with the players you have but a different philosophy could, you have to adapt. What we were doing last year before Pete got scared was what the players, and most fans, wanted to see. Two high safeties? Adjust. Stick with your strengths. Don’t tout a run first mentality when you haven’t and refuse to build a top of the line…line.
This isn’t to advocate “Let Russ Cook” but more so of having a bit of faith in a sure shot HOF’er. Balance. Something like what we saw today. Granted, it was Detroit. But, the playcalling and balance between the plays was the best we’ve witnessed all year.

Russ wasn’t the same after the injury this year And, he has his deficiencies. But, do you truly think he won’t be a top 5, maybe top 3 QB next year?

This isn’t 10 years ago. Teams actually have to have good, if not great, QBs to make it these days. Finding a quality QB isn’t something that happens for a team every day. Ask the Bears.

Russ has a lot left in the tank. I’ve got down on him, posted that I would lean towards a rebuild, trade, etc…But when I sit back and look at it holistically, there’s no way in West Texas I’d trade him.
Yes.

toffee

Reaction score
You're damn right I want him gone, I advocated to trade him in 2020, when he was still a God to most. I wanted him gone then, I wanted him gone now.

warden

Reaction score
I really wanted to see them trade him. I have been watching this game for over five decades. Once you have a running scrambling QB want to be a pocket passer it is over. Russell never has and never will be a pocket passer. A fifty million dollar cap hit a year for him would have just crippled our team. He is a QB with declining skills. That doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the first seven or eight years that he played for us. But last season the writing was on the wall, he is done. To get so much in return before everyone else figured it out was a blessing

Latest posts