Bunch of Statistics After 3 Games

hhc

Reaction score
Had some time to kill so I thought I would put together some stats to get a clearer idea of how we are comparing to other teams. These are gathered from a variety of sources such as ESPN NFL Stats and Team Rankings

Even last year I thought Gino looked very accurate, and the same so far this year. He hits receivers in stride. He does not put the ball downfield very much, and the lack of chunk yards is clearly hurting. Over all, he is doing very well and not the reason this team is loosing.

Gino Smith Statistics

StatValueRank
Comp %77.41st
QB Rating100.86th
Attempts10218th
Pass Yrds71720th
20+ Yd627th

The team as a whole is not doing well at all, except in a few areas. I put Penalties first, because this is where we are one of the worst in the league.

Penalty Statistics

StatValueRank
Total Penalties216th
Penalty Yards 2302nd
Offensive Holding42nd, 5 teams
False Start316th
Defensive Holding24th, 8 teams
Defensive PI51st

Offensive Team Statistics

StatValueRank
Yards/G296.327th
Plays/G5530th
Rush Yd/G74.729th
Pass Yd/G221.721st
3rd Down % 48.6%3rd
Time of Possesion26:3530th
Sacks Allowed810th
Pts/G Scored 2nd Half3.329th
Pts/G Allowed 2nd Half6.79th
Pts/G Scored 4th qtr0last 4 teams
Pts/G Allowed 4th qtr
3.312th

Offensive Rushing Statistics

StatValueRank
Total Rushing Yards22431st
Rushing Attempts5630th
Yards Per Carry422nd
1st Down Rushing % 2525%24th
Longest Rush28 yards18th

Offensive Passing Statistics

StatValueRank
Total Passing Yards71722nd
Passing Attempts10318th
Comp % 76.71st
1st Down Rushing % 2525%24th
Longest Pass38 yards28th

Defensive Team Statistics

StatValueRank
Total Points Allowed7021st
Points/G Allowed23.321st
Yards/G Allowed397.325th
Points/G Allowed55 23.320th
Rush Yd/G Allowed15730th
Pass Yd/G Allowed24019th
Opponent Time of Possession33:2430th
Sacks624th

Last edited:

Mizak

Reaction score
You forgot Offense has scored just 3 points in the 2nd half in the first 3 games and have scored ZERO points in the 4th quarter in those 3 games.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Still early so the stats don't carry a lot of weight, but the 3rd down conversion % is encouraging. It means they are getting into 3rd and manageable situations, and not getting zero or negative yards on 1st down.

hoxrox

Reaction score
You forgot Offense has scored just 3 points in the 2nd half in the first 3 games and have scored ZERO points in the 4th quarter in those 3 games.
Way too much fuss made about this. Turns out the Broncos and 9ers defense is pretty good?

Guess who also only scored 3 points in a half yesterday? KC. Doesn't mean much. But looks like I cherry pick stats to spin a narrative too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It doesn't mean much? Sarcasm? 3 points TOTAL in 3 games in the 2nd half. How in the world does that not mean much? They just lost a game by 4 points. Scoring in the 2nd half doesn't mean much?

This offense has played 4 great quarters of football. OVER 3 GAMES. That is a problem.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Obviously this team needs to learn how to finish better. I just think too much fuss is being made out of it, considering the defenses they've faced, where they are at with their development, and other factors such as drive killing penalties.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have now heard it all. It doesn't matter much if the team doesn't score points in the 2nd half of a game, at home, in a close game.
What? The 2nd half matters a LOT, and the 4th quarter is where you finish games. It matters a LOT how they play in the 2nd half of games.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I have now heard it all. It doesn't matter much if the team doesn't score points in the 2nd half of a game, at home, in a close game.
What? The 2nd half matters a LOT, and the 4th quarter is where you finish games. It matters a LOT how they play in the 2nd half of games.
Not mattering referring to KC's 3 points in their second half.

It doesn't define who they are on offense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And what does that have to do with...THE....SEAHAWKS.....OFFENSE?????????
Oh well, agree to disagree I guess.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
3 points in the 2nd half TOTAL for 3 games. That's a problem.
Considering the limited sample, it is an improvement. Maybe, just maybe, the trend is going up. Perhaps more time will help to determine which way the team is heading.

Being upset about individual games or plays is somewhat shortsighted as the team is clearly in a development stage only possible on the field with time and experience.

If the Seahawks lose but are competitive, that will make for some good entertainment and hope for the coming year(s).

If the Seahawks are as bad as so many are now claiming, then changes will likely happen.

Those who currently have such strong negative feelings for the direction of the team will then have their newfound hope to carry them forward until they are unsatisfied and disappointed in the new coaching and management hires.

This season has been entertaining so far.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Try seeing the forest for the trees.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
You guys need to settle the hell down man. We're starting rookies or other-type noobs all over the place. We're looking like warmed-up poo at the moment, but 2nd game we were looking like old cold poo. It's getting less worse than it was, and so far the sample size is 3. The rooks on D are getting raked over the coals so far, but they will get better. I agree, that run D yesterday was a brutal dumpster fire to watch, apparently because the rooks are finding out that what succeeded in HS and college won't work here - they aren't the biggest fastest toughest people around anymore, they're average. They can't do it all, and have to depend on (and trust) their team mates. They've probably never experienced this in their lives. Do you really expect them to continue at this level all season? *THAT* would not be realistic.

Also, Geno gonna Geno. It is what it is.