2023 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

Jville

Reaction score
That's my understanding as well ......

The practice squad is an integral part of the scout team in preparing for the upcoming opponent. They are on the sideline, health permitting, every game day. But, of course, they don't suit up unless they are elevated to the game day roster.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My belief is the PS usually travels with the team for the reasons you have observed. I have seen many PS players on the sidelines at road games

The only players who don’t travel with the team are those with some injury needing treatment or one that makes flying uncomfortable.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks kidhawk, always appreciated!!!

Uodated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Both WR-Cody Thompson and CB-Lance Boykin revert by rule to the PS.

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team is getting closer to a point where they will need to churn the roster some to have players return from IR (Lucas, McIntosh, Young), and otherwise. The required number of games will soon pass for the deep backups at OT and TE as claimed from other teams’ practice squads must be kept (Curtis, O’Neal, and Russell). I’d also expect the possible elevation of OT- Peters, and the return to practice of Mone.

Just from their own team the depth at a few key positions could be significantly strengthened as the season progresses.

This is actually quite a deep team.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The team has made some PS roster moves: Ahlers is back and Tabor is released.

Updated.

Hawkstorian will be happy with this move.

Not too surprising, given the fact that Geno is not at 100% right now and they really do like to rotate guys in and out to keep their options open

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Besides that I think the team thinks Ahlers has some potential to play as an NFL QB.

The roster churn continues and is somewhat higher than at this time last year with 13 games to go in the regular season.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Besides that I think the team thinks Ahlers has some potential to play as an NFL QB.

The roster churn continues and is somewhat higher than at this time last year with 13 games to go in the regular season.

Agreed, I don't think they keep anyone on the practice squad that they don't feel has the potential. They just like to use that practice squad to keep as many options open to them to have players ready to step up when needed.

kidhawk

Reaction score

Looks like the reason was more urgent as Lock hurt his ankle and didn’t practice.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, as ever much appreciated!!!

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
WR - Cody Thompson reverts by rule to the PS, he can only be brought up one more time before other roster moves will need to happen.

Updated.

The is one open roster spot on the main roster.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Some roster moves today:

Added two to the PS and dropped one, the Seahawks added two players to the practice squad, signing receiver Cody White and tackle Greg Eiland. Quarterback Holton Ahlers was released from the practice squad. Cody Thompson is now elevated back to the 53 man roster.

Updated.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Kidhawk, thanks!!! I guess I missed your post.

you were probably typing while I hit post We were only a minute apart. I am surprised they brought him up this week. I figured they might be signing him since they didn't fill the roster spot that opened with the IR move last week.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, absolutely. I actually thought it had been made formal last time he'd been brought up as it is clear they like him and want him around for at the least PS contributions. You scooped me. ;)