2023 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That's your boy! Well, at least after your trip to Green Bay.

Could be, time will tell.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Renofox you are absolutely right. Players taken from another team’s PS must be kept on the claiming team’s active roster for 3 weeks after being claimed.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they have to remain on the 53 for three weeks minimum after being signed from another team's practice squad.
Ahhh....got it. I wasn't certain if they had to only be on for one game. I appreciate the information.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The idea is to allow players to play in the NFL and to attempt to allow teams to have some PS continuity. You swipe a player from another team’s PS but there is a price to pay in terms of your roster flexibility.

kidhawk

Reaction score

DE Morris to IR is the official move that got Burns Signed and fills out the roster.

Also signed and released 2 from the practice squad

The Seahawks also made changes to their practice squad, signing receiver Tyjon Lindsey and nose tackle Carl Davis, and releasing receiver Matt Landers and cornerback Robert Rochell.

By my count that leaves our PS at 15 making room for one more move

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Haven't seen confirmation yet, but it is being discussed in the main forum about us poaching TE Brady Russell from the Eagle PS. There is also talk of us waiving Tyreke Smith. If true, maybe they are hoping to sneak him through the wire and onto the PS. I'll post confirmation if I see it, but this is all I've seen so for...

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The corresponding player for CB-Artie Burns being called up to the 53 will be DT/DE- Mike Morris who is placed on IR (shoulder).

The team added back WR- Tyjon Lindsey and UFA- NT- Carl Davis to the PS leaving a PS spot open.

There is still a pending roster move as Ian Rapoport is reporting the release of Tyreke Smith and PS claim of TE Brady Russell but so far nothing appears official.

Here is a WIKI on Carl Davis who appears to be legit NFL NT:

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks kidhawk, much appreciated!!!

Too bad about Tyreke Smith but the numbers were against him staying and as Jville observed he is somewhat of a development project at OLB/DE. The team has now announced they signed TE- Brady Russell from the Eagles PS, and added DB-FS tees Tabor to the PS so the roster and PS are now full again.

Updated

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score

Official announcement for signing Brady Russell From the Eagles PS

Additionally, the Seahawks signed safety Teez Tabor to the practice squad

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
All that and no Holton. Seriously --- seems odd to not have a 3rd QB kicking around the building. Seems like it might come in handy at some point.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The team makes three roster moves with a 4th move to be expected soon as far as the 53 man roster.

PS players CB- Robert Rochell and WR- Matt Landers are waived and CB- Artie Burns is signed to the 53 man roster which will require another move with the 53 man roster as the elevation makes the team one player over the roster limit.

Updated.
I'm a little bummed about Matt Landers being waived from PS; he has great measurables and had that nice TD catch from the Ahlers arm-punt. Seemed like a good developmental project. Maybe it's part of the PS rotation in, out, back in, or maybe the Hawks have given up on him for now. Hard to know.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kidhawk as ever much appreciated!!!

Guess those two OTs recently picked up are thought to be better than Eiland.

Tyreke Smith is still not 100% after his injury and may have better long term value.

Updated.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score

The Seahawks elevated two players from their practice squad ahead of their Week 3 game against the Carolina Panthers, linebacker Jon Rhattigan and safety Teez Tabor.

This is Rhattigan’s 3rd and final elevation without making it permanent.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks kidhawk!!!

Updated.

Does this mean that Adams is not going to be activated?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Each of LB- Rhattigan and DB- Tabor revert by rule to the PS.

Rhattigan will need to be elevated formally to the 53 man roster now to come up again without further moves as he has been called up from the PS 3 times now and cannot be brought up again unless he is signed to the 53 man roster, or is waived, clears waivers, and is re-signed to the PS.

Last edited:

Latest posts