2023 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I am expecting some PS elevations from OLine players on the PS this weekend. The OLine has certainly been in flux since week 2 this season. Thankfully there is at the prospect of some depth at a few positions.

kidhawk

Reaction score
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Actually it should be 4 roster moves.

Hunt ->53
Thompson PS ->53
Winston PS ->53
Brown is waived.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Actually it should be 4 roster moves.

Hunt ->53
Thompson PS ->53
Winston PS ->53
Brown is waived.

The fact that Thompson and Winston were elevated for this week's game and should return to the PS after the game looks to me like good news about Charbonnet - it suggests the Seahawks might want to rest his hamstring this week and want to have another RB they can use, but don't think they'll need one for more than a game or maybe two.

On the other hand, the fact that they actually promoted (signed) Hunt to the 53 makes me think they're more worried about Evan Brown than his "questionable" designation for this week's game might suggest.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Completely agree on both fronts, there may as well be undisclosed potential injury issue or concern with Olu as well and it seems clear that Ben Brown wasn’t yet what they were looking for as a swing OG/OC. We will see what they truly think of Brown if he is brought back to the PS. s.

The team has three players in the two OTs -McClendon Curtis and Raiqwon O’Neal, and TE- Brady Russell that they claimed from other teams who are all after this third game potentially capable of being moved, or will become surplus to needs. Further there are several players on IR Lucas and McIntosh close to returning which may signal further significant roster churning. A critical look at the roster reveals the the team has pretty reasonable depth. While I have been critical of Curran and Forsythe both have played acceptably well subbing for Lucas and Cross.

So far Brady Russell seems visible on ST and displays good ST hustle the other two I really have no idea yet. I do think as well that perhaps they will try to get the ball to WR- Winston returning to take advantage of his speed saving Dallas for more touches in his relief RB role.

Last edited:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
One of the tackles will likely be waived once Lucas comes back. Seems like they like Russell I'm guessing he sticks around.

Don't forget Eskridge comes off suspension this week. Unless Evan Brown is out an extended period of time, I think Joey Hunt will be cut soon. The only reason they signed him was because they can only elevate to PS guys per week.

**side note** Assuming Easop Winston makes his Seahawks debut today, he will be the 3rd Winston in team history. The other two both had it as their last name.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks John, interesting historical info. Wonder if any of the Winstons are/were related.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Eskridge though I suspect he may have problems sticking now. The other roster moves as posited certainly make sense. Other players to watch are Dareke Young, Jason Peters, and Abe Lucas. I suspect unfortunately thought that Lucas may be a few games away yet.

By rule each of WR-Winston and RB-Thompson revert back to the PS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thank you my friend!!!

Bringing Brown back to the PS tells me that they see him as a reasonable development prospect.

How long will Eskridge remain roster exempt after a return from suspension?

Updated.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Thank you my friend!!!

Bringing Brown back to the PS tells me that they see him as a reasonable development prospect.

How long will Eskridge remain roster exempt after a return from suspension?

Updating.
I believe standard roster exemptions are 2 weeks but I could be mistaken. I don’t follow the exemption rule closely

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks kidhawk!!!

The team has had so few of these type of suspensions I'm afraid I have no clue. That sounds reasonable and just long enough to package Eskridge off in a trade as I think they've seen all they need of his game.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I was poking around other articles about roster exemptions, and seems like the Seahawks need to fit him on the 53 sooner than later. I would expect Nwosu on IR tomorrow and Eskridge on the roster.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks guys for both your contributions as ever it is this input that allows this page to be current.

If Nwosu is injured as indicated then i can see this IR assignment happening soon. The release of Cody White could signal that Cody Thompson is headed back via waivers to the PS if the team is in fact keeping Eskridge. As well the RB situation may in fact be dicier with Charbonnet than Pete is letting on as the depth is added to at RB and it would seem that McIntosh is not yet ready to return.

Updating.

kidhawk

Reaction score

Jville

Reaction score
Although I don't know for sure, I'm assuming the same clock applies to Dee Eskridge coming off of suspension.

Latest posts