2023 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

kidhawk

Reaction score

This frees up about $400K in salary.

Question (probably dumb question tbh)... If waived from injured reserve, there is usually an injury settlement, right? Assuming that is true, is that injury settlement known and does that figure into the $400k savings you mentioned?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think what it means is he's been deemed healthy, so the team can release him without any further obligation.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think what it means is he's been deemed healthy, so the team can release him without any further obligation.

Ok, I assumed they had to activate him before they could do that, but you know what happens when I assume...Thanks

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks my friend!!!

This is a curious roster move as the team has been determined to keep this player around and he is a very positive ST player so it appears there is something brewing. Hmmm?

Updated.

I expect to see the team add Thompson back to the PS if he clears waivers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Makes sense for sure, however Thompson’s contract is guaranteed and is now dead money, so I expect him back in some fashion. Thinking they might want to add some speed in the returning game as well.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
I wonder if they plan to use it to bring back Rhattigan as we have used up all his elevation weeks
Nice call.

Got to keep that top 3 Special Teams roster staffed with the best!

..................................................................................................

Edit:

Interesting that there are only 4 wide receivers on the regular roster.

I like seeing 4 tight ends carried on the regular roster.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, as ever always appreciated!!!

I truly expected this was in the works although for sure kidhawk nailed the Rhattigan elevation. The team likes Thompson a great deal and have worked at keeping him around for some time now, and renewed his contract this season, I expect he'll be around for some time.

Condotta's observation above about the ability to elevate him 3 x seems entirely appropriate and likely to occur.

Updating.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Makes sense for sure, however Thompson’s contract is guaranteed and is now dead money, so I expect him back in some fashion. Thinking they might want to add some speed in the returning game as well.
Thompson is not a vested veteran, so his salary is not guaranteed. I think there is a point later on where it would be, but not yet.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thank you my friend, considering his longevity here I failed to check. He’s back though.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
No moves today, but with MNF, PS elevations can be made on Monday afternoon.

kidhawk

Reaction score
No moves today, but with MNF, PS elevations can be made on Monday afternoon.

Do you know if the PS travels for the away games or if it’s just the elevated players? If it’s just the elevated players then they will make that call today as I believe they travel Saturday for Monday games. If they all go then they could wait until Monday.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Do you know if the PS travels for the away games or if it’s just the elevated players? If it’s just the elevated players then they will make that call today as I believe they travel Saturday for Monday games. If they all go then they could wait until Monday.
There's no reason any PS player can't travel with the team. They will have a walk through on Sunday so the scout players are a part of that. The only guys who don't travel are those who physically are not able.

Latest posts