2022 Seahawks Depth Chart and Roster Moves

Jville

Reaction score
Austin Blythe is the veteran center/guard Andy Dickerson wanted. He knows and can run Andy's offense line. Cleveland already had their penciled in starting center on board in Nick Harris. So, it appears that Pocic is now an interior backup in Cleveland with something to prove.

I think the attribute for Seahawk fans to look for is Austin's quicker feet and change of direction. His athletic makeup is different than what we have see in recent years.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There are a few high quality players that could be available to the team @ OC in this draft. My present concern is the OT position as it is thin and highly overrated. but an inability to sign an experienced OT or two in FA will force the team to have to draft for need and not take an edge riser DLineman or CB early.

I must admit I am happy to see Pocic now gone. He certainly appeared to be a player that was overdraft as 2nd rd. pick, was often hurt, and took a very long time to gain the physical strength to deal will bullrushing DTs. His matador's cape can by forwarded onwards to Cleveland.

Last edited:

haroldseattle

Reaction score
There are a few high quality players that could be available to the team @ OC in this draft. My present concern is the OT position as it is thin and highly overrated. but an inability to sign an experienced OT or two in FA will force the team to have to draft for need and not take an edge riser DLineman or CB early.

I must admit I am happy to Pocic now gone. He certainly appeared to be a player that was overdraft as 2nd rd. pick, was often hurt, and took a very long time to gain the physical strength to deal will bullrushing DTs. His matador's cape can by forwarded onwards to Cleveland.
You quoting Rob Stanton? Cause sure sounds like it.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No, the biases are all my own, but I respect Rob Staton and his blog: www.Seahawksdraftblog.com

If you look at the team’s present roster you will notice a distinct lack of experience at OT at both LT and RT. It’s hard not to channel his thinking somewhat though as I mostly believe he’s right, but he does have some biases. Thanks

Re-signing Brown would make a huge difference to the draft needs of the team.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

I already noted him as re-signed as he was an ERFA that the team tendered. He’s been listed as signed for a good by OTC.com or as a player under contract.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thank Jvllie, had noticed that too.

A vet min. type deal.

He just never panned out here and was often shown up as a turnstile, can’t say I’m disappointed in him being gone.

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team has exercised TE- Noah Fant’s 5th yr. option so he will be here for at least 2 seasons unless cut or traded.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bob Condotta is reporting the team and QB- Geneo Smith have reached an agreement to re-sign

Seahawks reportedly reach agreement to re-sign quarterback Geno Smith https://seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-reportedly-reach-agreement-to-re-sign-quarterback-geno-smith/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=article_inset_1.1… via
@seattletimes

Updated even though signing not official yet.

EDIT: Apparently the league has not approve this contract and the reason for them not doing so is unclear. Accordingly the transaction is pending. However, I am deeming the player as signed.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Just to document what you already knew was going to happen ....................

With players back at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center, the Seahawks also made official the re-signing of eight players who were either restricted free agents or exclusive rights free agents: receiver Penny Hart, guard Phil Haynes, defensive tackle Bryan Mone, linebacker Tanner Muse, safety Ryan Neal, cornerback John Reid, linebacker Jon Rhattigan and center Dakoda Shepley.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

Each of those ERFAs were assumed to be signed as they couldn't sign elsewhere unless they were released. Still awaiting confirmation of the Geno Smith contract from the league.

EDIT: Smith’s contract is now approved by the league. Wonder what the glitch was?

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Team Cap Space: $13,037,002 per OTC after Geno Smith cap number update.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks my friend!!!

Updated

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Hawks select OT- Charles Cross, Miss. St. wth the 9th pick.

Updated.

Cross is widely regarded as the best pass protecting OT in the draft. Funny thing is that Pete says hewants to run the ball. Hmmm? That said he sure answers a team need.

Last edited: