Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1502672974154973188[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

And so it begins for real on the roster moves. I think we can assume they will sign most all of the ERFAs. Not sure about the RFAs.

Haynes could be a solid reserve player and possibly a reasonable starter if he could just stay healthy. He certainly has not had much luck there.

Will assume he’ll sign the tender and update.

Updatied.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks sign a number of ERFAs

Seahawks re-signed LB Tanner Muse to a one-year contract.
S Ryan Neal, LB Jon Rhattigan, DB Nigel Warrior, and OL Dakoda Shepley, all of whom were exclusive rights free agents, were also re-signed to one-year deals. Muse appeared in six games for Seattle last year, logging 100 snaps on special teams.

source: rotoworld.com

Updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks agree to terms with OLB- Uchenna Nwosu, 2 yr's /$20 mil/$10.5 mil gtd.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Chargers’ linebacker Uchenna Nwosu has agreed to a two-year, $20 million deal, including $10.5 million guaranteed with the Seattle Seahawks, his agents
@DrewJRosenhaus
and
@RyanMatha
tell ESPN.
11:08 AM · Mar 16, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

2018 draft profile:
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/uchenna-n ... 01b6909b91

WIKI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchenna_Nwosu

Updated.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":12g5qvod said:
Seahawks agree to terms with OLB- Uchenna Nwosu, 2 yr's /$20 mil/$10.5 mil gtd.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Chargers’ linebacker Uchenna Nwosu has agreed to a two-year, $20 million deal, including $10.5 million guaranteed with the Seattle Seahawks, his agents
@DrewJRosenhaus
and
@RyanMatha
tell ESPN.
11:08 AM · Mar 16, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

2018 draft profile:
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/uchenna-n ... 01b6909b91

WIKI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchenna_Nwosu

Updated.
I think Nwosu is a bit of an underrated signing for us. Not as splashy as Chandler Jones but it a former 2nd rd talent that play hard and will be a impact player in our new Defensive scheme.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree, and think this could be a sneaky good signing.

Jville

Reaction score
Noah Fant ........... May 2 -- deadline for team to exercise fifth-year option.

This is the second of two unusual cap years. At the moment the Seahawks have the second highest Dead Cap Money figure at $42,884,057. That figure includes the void year write offs used to get under last years cap number. And it includes the $26 million Wilson write off. That's over 20% of the cap. Unusually high numbers for Seahawks cap management.

And yet their effective cap space is 3rd highest. Given everything that has happen. They look like they are maximizing roster flexibility. This is setting up to be a most interesting roster building year. It's going to be a fun bunch.

Maybe not a good year for noisy self proclaimed experts. But a good year for fans that are all in and find enjoyment in the journey of player and team development.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree and know with a certainty born of recent experience that regardless of how good a job they do there will remain that core of folks here who will complain about every move b/c they disagree with it or simply don't wish this FO to succeed so they can say I told you so, etc..

Wilson was my favourite Seahawks player b/c he was self assured and just made plays when he needed to make them. He was far from perfect but 'he was my QB'. It had however become very apparent he wanted to move on and had his views of how he wanted to see things run, as he wanted to have a bigger say. The divorce was in the works from his last contract and the times the Seahawks went to see Mahommes and Allan workout. It was also clear he was going to move on if the team allowed his contact to run out, thus to maximize the value and to satisfy his contractual 'no trade clause' the team was forced to move his at what may perhaps be less than maximum value. The divorce has happened and it's time to move on. Wilson is no longer my favourite Seahawks player as he's now a Bronco. To me the trade was fair enough and will allow some reinvention of the team in his absence. Others may not share my views above, and that's fine, but it certainly this situation has made this offseason quite a lot more interesting in terms of roster building.

The dead cap situation will be neatly worked around by the FO even if it takes some massaging of other contracts to make it happen. The Wilson cap hit will be spread over this and next season as will a large portion of the rest of the dead money. Fant even with the 5th year option exercised will be a cheaper TE than re-signing Everett so I'm OK with that too as Everett was less than special last season. I could still see the team drafting another TE in this draft.

So far I haven't really identified a clear direction for the development of this year's roster save there appears to be some position hedges now in place along with some quality new players; but the addition of at least 5 players in the top 110 this draft gives the team a solid chance to strongly bolster the depth of the team. I look forward with interest to watch the several roster moves we can expect.

Jville

Reaction score
As of this moment, there is no dead cap hit for 2023.

They wrote everything off, prorated signing bonuses and voided figures, in 2022 according to OTC.

Looking at a clean sheet for 2023.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That could certainly indicate this will be a 2 year rebuild b/c with this cap model they will be somewhat cash strapped this offseason yet in fat city next year. However, after watching last season the cap seems to be just an accounting problem to work around.

At this point there haven’t been many re-signings at key positions RB, OT, MLB, so perhaps with the large available cap they haven’t turned their minds to much cap machination. This could change but at present it looks as if the draft will hopefully be providing some significant key positional reinforcements.

It’s very early yet.