Who is going to Atlanta? (And TAILGATE info)

SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL

Reaction score
Steve2222":32jk1q87 said:
I live right outside of ATL. I might have to come into work on sunday at 4pm. I'll know tomorrow if Im going to the game or not.
Hey..... I'm in Atlanta too. Campcreek Area

SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":7646yg9n said:
I'll be there. I got a hotel room near the airport for like $60/night + tax. Gonna take MARTA to the game. Get in Saturday evening & fly out Monday.

Bestfight, can you send out (or PM me) the details of the tailgate? The wife couldn't get off work, so I'll be rolling solo to the game & would like to meet up with some other Hawks fans.
Taking Marta is going to suck.

tdigitee

Reaction score
SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL":38xy0ng8 said:

Why, is MARTA totally jammed on game days, and you need to plan plenty of time? I was planning to take it to the game from Buckhead area and then to to the airport a while after the game. Or do you mean from a "Falcons fans are gonna harrass you" perspective? I assume the former but want to make sure I understand you. Thanks

cheers /td

bindercarrie

Reaction score
Cannot believe I talked my husband into going to this game! Cleaned out the credit card and frequent flyer points for plane tickets and car rental!

Just bought Section 341, Row 15 for anyone needing cheaper seats.

Also thought we'd take MARTA, so I'd like the further info on that, too. Or, are there inexpensive parking options in the vicinity? We don't mind walking as long as it's safe amongst the opposing fans.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I am strongly considering it. I live about 5 hours away, so its not out of the question for me to get up early (leave the house at 4:30 probably) and drive back in the same day, eliminating the need for a hotel to save money. I was looking at hotels within walking distance and forget it!

Anybody know what the parking situation is like there?

Also probably looking at either upper deck or endzone lower level seats...

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
ok some of you are saying hotels are cheap near the airport. where are you staying, and how do you get on the marta system from there?

DKWinnie

Reaction score
I am going to the game. Some have said the same people are setting up the tailgate that did here in DC. Gavin is the guy that set it up. I will message him and see if he has the information for the ATL tailgate. Oh and for those that are going to take the MARTA I am not to sure I would do that unless you a very familiar with the area. it doesn't always go to the nicest areas. GO HAWKS!!!

SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL

Reaction score
tdigitee":cwk6vifz said:
SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL":cwk6vifz said:

Why, is MARTA totally jammed on game days, and you need to plan plenty of time? I was planning to take it to the game from Buckhead area and then to to the airport a while after the game. Or do you mean from a "Falcons fans are gonna harrass you" perspective? I assume the former but want to make sure I understand you. Thanks

cheers /td

Marta will be soo packed that it will be horrible. If the parking was bad at the Dome, I would say take Marta. The parking is really cool though. All of the Falcons fan will most likely be on Marta, and I am not talking about the Suburbians. So if they lose, which they will, just be prepared for the element!

If you drive then you go to the game, deal with about 10 minutes of traffic, watch the win, and then get the hell on when its over!

I will give out my number closer to gametime to help people navigate through Atl, and to let people know cool things to do before Sunday.

SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL

Reaction score
bindercarrie":qvpkhad0 said:
Also thought we'd take MARTA, so I'd like the further info on that, too. Or, are there inexpensive parking options in the vicinity? We don't mind walking as long as it's safe amongst the opposing fans.

You can park right across the street from the Dome for 20.00.
10.00 wil be a couple of blocks down.
They also have covered parking close too thats about 10.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":irvybzc4 said:
Steve2222":irvybzc4 said:
I live right outside of ATL. I might have to come into work on sunday at 4pm. I'll know tomorrow if Im going to the game or not.

You need to start faking a cold NOW!!

How the hell would you even consider missing this game. Divisional playoffs, your team travels across the country to your back yard, wild card vs #1 seed glory boys that you have to put up with and see all year, Wilson, Beast, Sherm.

You are going mister, now find yourself and BFS some damn tickets!

Im in the Army, kind of cant fake stuff like that. I should be able to get out of it. They make exceptions to things like this lol.

I did make the drive to Charlotte for the Panthers game. Trust me, I dont want to miss this.

Steve2222

Reaction score
SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL":ci4gfu2s said:
Steve2222":ci4gfu2s said:
Hey..... I'm in Atlanta too. Campcreek Area

Well when I say right outside, I mean like a little over an hour. Im in Columbus.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL":10r5dib8 said:
bindercarrie":10r5dib8 said:

So it sounds like it might be worth it to just try to park close...

In that case where would you recommend a hotel? I am coming from SC so something on the east side.

I might take my Seahawks license plate frame off if I go... Wouldn't want some drunk Atlanta fan taking our their frustrations on my car :)

SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":3fdevitq said:
SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL":3fdevitq said:
bindercarrie":3fdevitq said:

So it sounds like it might be worth it to just try to park close...

In that case where would you recommend a hotel? I am coming from SC so something on the east side.

Unfortunately the East Side is not the greatest side for hotels. The best area for hotels on that side will be in the Stonecrest Mall area. It's about 20/25 minutes from the Dome. Once you pass the Stonecrest exit it will be slim pickings until downtown.
I personally would stay by the airport. It's a nice area with good night life. Virginia Ave is the street.

bindercarrie

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":migwwgts said:
ok some of you are saying hotels are cheap near the airport. where are you staying, and how do you get on the marta system from there?

If you're looking for dirt cheap: I booked the Guesthouse in Norcross for about $36/night. It ain't fancy, but it's a favorite on Tripadvisor, and the price was right. Hotwire also had a 3.5 star in Norcross for $39/night (Marriott probably?). Never been in the area, but Norcross is northeast of town and looks to be about a 30min drive from the stadium. Rental cars for Fri-Mon can be had for for $75-125, especially if you dig up a coupon code on the internet. That's the cheapest arrangements I could find, and I'd rather have my own car anyhow.

We'll probably go early and try to find a $10 parking lot: That's the same price as 2 roundtrips on MARTA. Thanks for the advice!

keepertd

Reaction score
SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL":2ycj5aox said:
tdigitee":2ycj5aox said:
SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL":2ycj5aox said:

cheers /td

Marta will be soo packed that it will be horrible. If the parking was bad at the Dome, I would say take Marta. The parking is really cool though. All of the Falcons fan will most likely be on Marta, and I am not talking about the Suburbians. So if they lose, which they will, just be prepared for the element!

If you drive then you go to the game, deal with about 10 minutes of traffic, watch the win, and then get the hell on when its over!

I will give out my number closer to gametime to help people navigate through Atl, and to let people know cool things to do before Sunday.

MARTA wont be any worse than it was for NYE and that wasnt bad at all

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I'm going! Section 302 row ONE. Hell, yeah its upper deck corner but row one works for me.

Super pumped!

I am going with a Panthers fan, so I don't know how much he will want to hang out in the Seahawks tailgate but I will definitely stop by and mingle a little. I guess he can be an honorary 12, Panthers fans hate the Falcons right?

Happy

Reaction score
I'm in section 344 row 20. nosebleed!

Stoked you're going skybeard. This is gonna be awesome!

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
sadhappy":3ec75x48 said:
I'm in section 344 row 20. nosebleed!

Stoked you're going skybeard. This is gonna be awesome!

Yeah, living where I am getting to see a playoff game (without having to fly) is a once a decade opportunity at best.

I almost bought sec 344 but i was looking at row 10 i think.