DK on penalties: 'Not going to change who I am'

GemCity

Reaction score
I’d hate to see DK traded.

But…I’d love the two first rounders we’d get!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Those teams were elite, defense anyways, and this team is not. One ill advised personal foul call could literally be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs for this team.

Those teams were chippy AF and the reason they were able to be elite was they DNGAF, they all had the collective mindset to impose their will physically for good or for bad.

Collateral Damage was revered in those days.

I don’t see the difference in what DK did as opposed what the Giants player did to Geno basically ragdollin him from the backside as he was going out of bounds. Wasn’t called a foul, wasn’t fined, most people here sided with the non-call yet chastising this?

Yet NFL is now looking to ban that tackle, and last time the Giants played their defensive players were cleating ball sacks and blindsiding Olinemen into injuries puts it into question their intent or ill-intent.

However, biggest difference to me DK was engaged in the block with the DB engaged as well, face to face and DK basically played through the whistle like every footballer is taught. Not his fault the Bengals player did not do the same.

If this was Lockett, all you Bros would be jacked up for it, no matter the cost.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
If Jake Bobo was Jake Smith, he'd be roughly as regarded as Cody Thompson around here.
In 5 games,
Bobo: targeted 5, caught 4, with 2 contested, that was 80%, for 51 yards, that was 12.8 yards per catch, and 1 TD. 16 yards YAC, 4 per YAC, 0% drop

DK: Targeted 30, caught 22, with 3 contested, that was 73.3%, for 337 yards, that was 15.3 yards per catch, and 2 TD. 77 yards YAC, 3.5 per YAC, 4.3% drop, separation 2.7 yards.

Bobo with 4.99 sec speed didn't embarrass himself,

eo620

Reaction score

Confirmed Diva.

EDIT:

"We put all the penalties on the board in Monday's meetings and the guys who had the most were on the top, and he was up there with another guy," Carroll said. "We all have to acknowledge it and recognize what our issues are, whatever they are. It happens to be in this case he's getting called.

"He knows. He's got to clean it up. We have to make sure we're aware of how they're calling stuff. He's a very aggressive player, very physical and it stands out and he draws attention because of that. So we've got to be cleaner. He knows it and he's got to get it done."

Asked about Carroll's message in the team meeting, Metcalf downplayed the issue, saying, "It was just a board to me."

Bruh……..
I seriously love DK being a Seahawk, but comments like this gives us insight about how he acts/views team meetings. It's like nothing applies to him. He doesn't grasp the "team" aspect. Either he grows up or he's got to go. Sadly, I don't see him growing up.

eo620

Reaction score
I seriously love DK being a Seahawk, but comments like this gives us insight about how he acts/views team meetings. It's like nothing applies to him. He doesn't grasp the "team" aspect. Either he grows up or he's got to go. Sadly, I don't see him growing up.

eo620

Reaction score
Can we ship him to the NYJ or Carolina for picks? Could Aaron Rodgers kick him in the ass?

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Can we ship him to the NYJ or Carolina for picks? Could Aaron Rodgers kick him in the ass?
Jokes aside, I think he potentially could put up some insane numbers if Rodgers were throwing him the ball. But after that sustained injury who knows.

themunn

Reaction score
Look I hate penalties as much as the next guy, but I LOVE having a guy with that kind of anger and physicality out there. I'll happily give up a penalty a game for the impact that has on the wider team and opponents.

In the end we got a first down the next play so who cares, in fact that gets in the defenders heads even MORE

RiverDog

Reaction score
Look I hate penalties as much as the next guy, but I LOVE having a guy with that kind of anger and physicality out there. I'll happily give up a penalty a game for the impact that has on the wider team and opponents.

In the end we got a first down the next play so who cares, in fact that gets in the defenders heads even MORE
If it were penalties that he drew between the whistles, I wouldn't be down on him so much. But these unsportsmanlike conduct/unnecessary roughness penalties aren't due to aggressive play, they're do to a failure to channel his emotions.

The fact that we got a first down even with the penalty is irrelevant. We may not be so lucky the next time he has a temper tantrum.

GemCity

Reaction score
I do think that DK would put up some crazy numbers with a QB like Rodgers. It’s not his ability that’s in question.

I used to blow things off when it pertained to DK. “He’s just a fiery competitor”, “He’s just fighting back”….

But, his latest comments reveal a mentality that doesn’t sit well. I do hope PC can settle him down.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Some of y’all are acting like he killed an old lady.
No he didn't not kill an old lady, that said, if DK's action one day costed us a game, a playoff berth, an opportunity to advance deeper into the playoff. Some old farts might just .....

renofox

Reaction score
DK is a frustrated, immature young man who wants to win games and feels his skillset is not being utilized to anywhere near its' potential. Hard to disagree.

He gives PC a huge coaching challenge. Based on past experience, I do not think PC is up to the challenge and it might be best to move on and let him succeed elsewhere.

Demonizing him and calling him trash is, similarly, born of frustration and immaturity. I believe he is a good young man who will change his behavior once he understands how small it makes him appear.